Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Diagon Alley

by Black0rchid Posted 8th Nov 2008 at 10:56 PM - Updated 14th Apr 2009 at 11:26 PM by Black0rchid

129 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 108 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
#51 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Black0rchid
maybe I don't understand your question, you ask me how to place the shelves one above other? naturally with "moveobjects on" and the keys to upper and lower objects (new feature that comes with AL)

OKay, what keys do you hit to make the objects upper and lower?? Is this in the manual?? I must have missed it...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pherber12
OKay, what keys do you hit to make the objects upper and lower?? Is this in the manual?? I must have missed it...

key ' and ì
Test Subject
#53 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 4:22 PM
This is my favorite Harry Potter download!! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#54 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 8:06 PM
Awesome creation! This will make a great horror or thriller story, I love creating Sims think I'll give it a go and create my own Witch hehehehe! Great job, keep up the good work!

[INDENT]Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions.[

IF YOU'RE STILL PLAYING THE SIMS2 CHECKOUT MY SIMS HERE

http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c,101326.0.html

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,70684.0.html
Test Subject
#55 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 10:37 PM
My god, this is beautiful, and very well done! Accurate, too!
Unfortunatley I only have 2 expansion packs.
poo :c
Forum Resident
#56 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 6:57 PM
That's stunning!
I must have it.
Test Subject
#57 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 1:16 AM
This is AMAZING. Thank you!

I was just wondering, though. The windows and fireplaces are flashing blue - have I forgotten to install custom content?
Test Subject
#58 Old 9th Dec 2008 at 6:58 AM
I am so sorry I had no idea that error page was that long
Test Subject
#59 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 6:44 AM
BlackOrchid, first let me say how wonderful I think this lot is! You did an amazing job. Second, I think you do an amazing job on ALL your buildings!!!! I am a huge fan and love what you make. Not only is your stuff beautiful, but it is functional, efficient, and well planned!

Having said that, I am sorry to say I have been unable to play any of your lots because I don't have the expansion packs that you do. So, I started making this one myself, following the pictures you posted! Now, I would never dream of taking credit for what you have made, but I was wondering if I could post a more basic version of Diagon Alley on MTS2 for people like me who don't have many EPs. It will be modeled totally after yours and I will give you full credit with lots of links back to you. I was thinking of posting two versions at least, one with just basic Maxis build objects and another with many of the walls and floors you chose (because you have great taste!). If you would like to check out my work and point out any inconsistencies, or even tell me that you would not like me to post a copy, that is okay. It is your work after all. Thanks so much!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bookish
BlackOrchid, first let me say how wonderful I think this lot is! You did an amazing job. Second, I think you do an amazing job on ALL your buildings!!!! I am a huge fan and love what you make. Not only is your stuff beautiful, but it is functional, efficient, and well planned!

Having said that, I am sorry to say I have been unable to play any of your lots because I don't have the expansion packs that you do. So, I started making this one myself, following the pictures you posted! Now, I would never dream of taking credit for what you have made, but I was wondering if I could post a more basic version of Diagon Alley on MTS2 for people like me who don't have many EPs. It will be modeled totally after yours and I will give you full credit with lots of links back to you. I was thinking of posting two versions at least, one with just basic Maxis build objects and another with many of the walls and floors you chose (because you have great taste!). If you would like to check out my work and point out any inconsistencies, or even tell me that you would not like me to post a copy, that is okay. It is your work after all. Thanks so much!!!

Of course you can
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 1:01 PM
Now this is wicked cool...thank you!!!
Test Subject
#62 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 11:20 AM
Awesome job!!!
Test Subject
#63 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 10:16 AM
Thank you very much! <3
It's a beautiful apartment!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 11:49 PM
Totally amazing. That's what I like in the lots to download - they are grat bulided, nice & inspiring furnished, easy usable and they have nice cucstom content included. This lot have it all Thanks, I like it playing.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#65 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 12:50 AM
This is a really nice set. Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 1:44 AM
Thank you all
& thank you Delphy (for this comment and for your huge wonderful work that allows all of us to be here)

Quote: Originally posted by inscribe
This is AMAZING. Thank you!

I was just wondering, though. The windows and fireplaces are flashing blue - have I forgotten to install custom content?

No, cc are all included. Have you the right CEP version?
If yes, try this: download and overwrite parsimonious' windows and Simsinparis' fireplace and see if the problem keeps on
Test Subject
#67 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 12:43 AM
this is awesome! like harry potter and now this is just another big reason for me to get AL... I want it BAD!!! But really, this is awesome. I tried an in-gam harry potter thing once, but it didn't go so well... this is so good I think I'll use it for a regular apartment!! Well, when I get AL, that is. But again, great job!!
Test Subject
#68 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 2:42 AM
Oh my! that is absolutely perfect!
Alchemist
#69 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 7:59 PM
First of all this is just amazing and takes my breath away, what a fantastic lot!

I have a question thats probably very easy and simple, I just wondered how you get a collage of photos AND keep the kbs down on what can be uploaded. Im just wanting to know this as I have something to upload but takes more than the 8 photos and when I try to do the collage thing the lowest I can get it down to is 430kbs and they look tiny at that!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#70 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ekrubynaffit
First of all this is just amazing and takes my breath away, what a fantastic lot!

I have a question thats probably very easy and simple, I just wondered how you get a collage of photos AND keep the kbs down on what can be uploaded. Im just wanting to know this as I have something to upload but takes more than the 8 photos and when I try to do the collage thing the lowest I can get it down to is 430kbs and they look tiny at that!

You have only to compress the image with photoshop: do your collage, then click "save for web" and set jpg at 60 or lower Quality.
That's all
Alchemist
#71 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 10:29 PM
thanks I dont have photoshop would that be able to do the same with picasa do you think?

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Test Subject
#72 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 1:02 AM
Beautifully done! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#73 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 12:21 PM
This one is wonderful but my game goes slower so I had to delete this wonderful apartment house :-/
Test Subject
#74 Old 12th Feb 2009 at 9:13 AM
OMG thank you so much for this! It's perfekt for my harry potter world I'm creating.

O and can ask you to do something for me, please.
I would really like to have a hogwarts, were you can rent apartments, like griffindooor has one apartment were all the students live, huffelpuff, rawenclaw e.t.c. With magic items like the first one, but there were only rooms for slytherin and griffndoor. Otherwise I loved the idea with snapes little storage, and all the magic book cases.

Were can you find those? the bookcases and the "pile of magic thing" that you had in allmost every room.
Test Subject
#75 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 11:54 PM
thank you so much! it's such an amazing download.
Page 3 of 6