Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS2 -> TS3 - BV Souvenirs and Collectables

by Purplepaws Posted 24th Jan 2010 at 10:02 AM - Updated 21st Oct 2011 at 10:17 AM by Purplepaws : Added keyword

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 3:23 PM
Awesome!!! Thank you for converted this!!!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#27 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 8:42 AM
Hehe, this is awesome. When I first got into the Sims 2, I wanted the content from the Sims 1 back because I missed some of it. Now with the Sims 3, it starts all over again. xD

Thanks for doing these!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 1:21 AM
Niiice! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 11:48 PM
This should be featured!! YES I miss them. YES they look cute. YES i want them. Great amazing job!
Test Subject
#30 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 8:45 AM
I installed the objects but they don't show up like they're supposed to... the thumbnails are perfect but once I put them on a table or anywhere, they all become cream colored, as if someone forgot to color them. When I switch to live mode, they become colored but only for a second then the colors disappear...my game is updated upto 1.7 and I only have the base game and no expansion... any suggestion on why ur objects are the way they are in my game ?
Scholar
Original Poster
#31 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 7:52 AM Last edited by Purplepaws : 31st Jan 2010 at 8:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by puking_king
I installed the objects but they don't show up like they're supposed to... the thumbnails are perfect but once I put them on a table or anywhere, they all become cream colored, as if someone forgot to color them. When I switch to live mode, they become colored but only for a second then the colors disappear...my game is updated upto 1.7 and I only have the base game and no expansion... any suggestion on why ur objects are the way they are in my game ?

Hmmm, that's very odd. To me, it sounds like the packages aren't correctly linking the textures, but if that were so, it would show up that way for everyone.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Test Subject
#32 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws
Hmmm, that's very odd. To me, it sounds like the packages aren't correctly linking the textures, but if that were so, it would show up that way for everyone.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I have the same problem. I was very excited about these objects, but they look really bad in my game. I have the last patch and WA.
Is there any chance you can fix it?? I want them so much!

Also known as epletre

"We never close"
Scholar
Original Poster
#33 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 12:19 AM
It could be an incompatibility with the DDS compression I used, but I was unaware of such issues. Tell me, what version of DirectX do you both have? And has this happened with any other content before, such as patterns, perhaps?
Test Subject
#34 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 1:03 AM
I have direct x 9, my update is only until 1.7, I have no WA expansion. The other cc I have are fine... I hope we can sort this out cz I keep trying to use them but they always come out the same way.
Scholar
Original Poster
#35 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 4:51 AM Last edited by Purplepaws : 4th Feb 2010 at 3:37 AM. Reason: Deleted attachment
DirectX 9... just as I suspected. Let me try using a different compression with one of the packages and I'll post it here for you to test.

*Edit* Try this one. If it works, I'll update the set.
Test Subject
#36 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 3:19 AM
DirectX 9... just as I suspected. Let me try using a different compression with one of the packages and I'll post it here for you to test.

*Edit* Try this one. If it works, I'll update the set.

sorry but it's the still the same.
Scholar
Original Poster
#37 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 5:02 AM Last edited by Purplepaws : 4th Feb 2010 at 3:37 AM. Reason: Deleted attachment
I'll try a repackage just in case I overlooked something the first time around, but if that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you.

*Edit* There, give this one a shot.
Test Subject
#38 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 9:18 AM
I'll try a repackage just in case I overlooked something the first time around, but if that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you.

*Edit* There, give this one a shot.

I am pleased to tell you that the conch looks great in the game... finally, it works.
Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 3:34 AM Last edited by Purplepaws : 7th Feb 2010 at 2:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by puking_king
I am pleased to tell you that the conch looks great in the game... finally, it works.

Wow, really? Alright, I'll update the set, then. (It'll be within the next day or two.)

Thanks so much for reporting back.

*Edit* Okay, everything's been updated. Please let me know how it goes for you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#40 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 9:32 PM
omg I was just thinking about how awesome it would be if I could have the bon voyage shells in my game and then I found these and I CAN have them in my game! These are great! The shells will go great in my beach houses ^.^
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#41 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 6:09 AM
You know, if you also clone the shelf, I can make these things actually FUNCTION.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scholar
Original Poster
#42 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
You know, if you also clone the shelf, I can make these things actually FUNCTION.

Very kind offer, but I'm content to keep them purely decorative. I don't think I ever actually made use of the functions, anyway.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#43 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 11:50 AM
I'm revoking your Perfectionst badge now. Especially since all you had to do was clone the shelf, and I would do the rest.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scholar
Original Poster
#44 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 3:51 AM
Well, "perfect" is a somewhat relative term. I actually prefer the simplicity.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#45 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 12:02 PM
Thanks! They all look great in the game & in the deco catelogue. Especially pleased that my sim could view items! Hope you convert some more....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 6:41 PM
YAY! Thank you so much for these! I missed my colored glass!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 10:56 PM
I love the items from Bon Voyage, never can get enough clutter :p
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 6:40 PM
Thanks so much for converting these! Feels just like yesterday when I was buying those souvenirs in BV... Keep up the good work!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#49 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 3:26 PM
Yesss, another things to play with Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 7:25 AM
I remember these souvenirs, always loved having my Sims buy an unnecessary amount of them on vacation. Now they can do the same on the Sims 3. Thank you.
Page 2 of 3