Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 8:25 AM
Default Does Ultimate Collection run on Windows 11?
Windows is bothering me with this update again, for those of you who have already installed Windows 11:
Does it affect playing Sims 2 and 3 in any way? I will not use windows 11, if my favorite games will be no longer playable.
Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 2:53 PM
I recently updated to windows 11 and the game runs so far. I haven't properly played it yet but the game came on and I the neighborhoods loaded just fine.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 6:08 PM
You can play the ultimate on windows 11.
https://modthesims.info/showthread....25#startcomment

Hope it helps

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 7:11 PM
the game itself may be the least of the problems, with the new MS mess you get new MS... mess. Exactly. If anyone have to (for whatever reason) using Windows, I'd advise to stay with the elder one (10) for a time being until there is some important reason to do otherwise. At last, W10 won't be getting constant messy updates with the newest and shinnies bad idea from the company while you still get what is necessary: security updates.
/* though it's rather impossible that the company will ever master mysterious secret of network printing */

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 9:12 PM
Playing on Windows 11 for two years with no mods. I get some graphic flickers sometimes (no big deal for me:I used to play Double Deluxe on a Windows XP laptop that was way, way, below spec). The only real issue I had was when Windows Defender once tried to block UC from loading because the OS did not recognise it as "valid" software. I fixed all that in settings.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2022 at 2:06 PM
I moved to Windows 11 on day one; with a fresh install, the only issue I had was The Sims 3 not opening until I downloaded DirectX 9 from Microsoft's website. The Sims 2 works normally after Graphics Rules Maker.