Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 5:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default DeviceConfig is Blank
I wanted to install the Smooth Patch by using this tutorial here and something went awry after editing the GraphicCards file as explained in the video. I did everything right so I don't understand that once I opened my game, my settings were all changed to Low and after exiting the game I find that the DeviceConfig file is now blank...\

Extra Info: My card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Super
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 5:26 PM
Update: I'm going to try the automated process after repairing my game. I would delete this post but I'm not allowed to lol.
Instructor
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 12:26 AM
Yeah I don't see the smooth patch listed anywhere and I don't think it was even out back in May of last year.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 7:24 PM
A blank DeviceConfig indicates a broken Graphics Rules file. Please make sure that you double-check any asterisks, brackets and other characters so they match other entries in the file.
Instructor
#6 Old 27th Jan 2022 at 4:58 AM
https://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/106
use this program instead. it works for all versions, retail, Steam and Origin.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes