Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 4:50 AM
Default Gunmod’s Radiance in The Sims Stories?
Hey all.

Would the Sims Stories games run the radiance mod natively? Castaway Stories would look so much cooler if it had lightmod.
I guess tweaking would have to be done, but I haven’t seen this topic elsewhere.

Hello? Nice to meet you. I'm a rather small Sims 2 modder that well, mods (And seems to post a lot on the forums with seemingly with a lot of posts. Or maybe just around 60 but who cares idk how to count well actually I do but that's a story for myself.)

Check out my creations Here!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 5:27 AM
An older version may be needed, for starters. I think the Stories games were made before AL/M&G so they may be running on a somewhat different game engine (Stories and Pets were released in 2007 so I think they are somewhere around Pets/Seasons/BV in mod compatibility. Castaway was released in January 2008 (FT was released in February 2008, AL in August, M&G in November), but possibly follows the rest of the Stories games wen it comes to compatibility. Some say most OFB mods work, others say up to BV.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 6:46 AM
I took the BG, Family Fun Stuff, Pets and Seasons lighting files from R2.4 because they were what was listed in the lights folder, but now the game isn’t visible. Oops.

If anyone has any definite ideas, that would be great.
I’ll try taking a radiance mod for BV later.

Hello? Nice to meet you. I'm a rather small Sims 2 modder that well, mods (And seems to post a lot on the forums with seemingly with a lot of posts. Or maybe just around 60 but who cares idk how to count well actually I do but that's a story for myself.)

Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 11:53 AM
Use the backup you hopefully made before messing around to get your game back to working.
The Stories games are light versions of the original game, so they may not have the same functions when it comes to light rendering. The Story games also lack a lot of cheat codes, which essentially is what the light hacks depend on. Assuming it will work with the files taken directly from TS2 is a long shot. Castaway may have a little more going for it in regards to light rendering, because a select few functions have more or less successfully been tinkered with and transferred to TS2.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BkajnlConcepts
I took the BG, Family Fun Stuff, Pets and Seasons lighting files from R2.4 because they were what was listed in the lights folder, but now the game isn’t visible. Oops.

If anyone has any definite ideas, that would be great.
I’ll try taking a radiance mod for BV later.

Life Stories uses Open for Business game engine.
Pets Stories uses Pets EP game engine.
Castaway Stories uses Seasons EP game engine.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Life Stories uses Open for Business game engine.
Pets Stories uses Pets EP game engine.
Castaway Stories uses Seasons EP game engine.

That should be all good then, right? Because the Lights folders are just a single folder I copied the files in and overwrote them in order of each EP/SP

Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 11:43 AM
Just because they use the same game engine doesn't mean they use all the same files.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Just because they use the same game engine doesn't mean they use all the same files.

Yeah...

I imagine if all the cheat codes weren’t disabled the userstartup.cheat would work and I could see if it did work correctly, as those cheats are pretty vital to RLS, right?