Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2023 at 3:12 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default Hood selection screen issue?
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but I noticed that when I created a custom hood, it gives the display flyby for Veronaville and when I created/loaded it for the first time, it gave me the popup for the backstory on Veronaville.

Overall I don't really care that much due to the fact that at the moment it appears to be nothing more than an inconvenience visually, but I wonder if this is something to be concerned about down the line as far as corruption on my custom hood?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jan 2023 at 4:06 AM
"Vanilla" custom hoods shouldn't have flybys, but a standstill pictures of the hood, and no backstory.
Which neighborhood number does this one have?
Did you delete the original hoods at some point?
Have you created a custom flyby for the hood?
Have you done anything else than just creating the hood the regular way (changing files in the install directory, recently restored a game backup, or similar)?

Which game version are you playing - Mac (Super collection), Origin UC, EA app UC, all or some single CDs or collections, anything else...??
If you're not playing one of the UC versions, is your game patched?

Is the original Veronaville fine, with the flyby working?

Does the hood currently appear to be without other issues than this one?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2023 at 5:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
"Vanilla" custom hoods shouldn't have flybys, but a standstill pictures of the hood, and no backstory.
Which neighborhood number does this one have?
Did you delete the original hoods at some point?
Have you created a custom flyby for the hood?
Have you done anything else than just creating the hood the regular way (changing files in the install directory, recently restored a game backup, or similar)?

Which game version are you playing - Mac (Super collection), Origin UC, EA app UC, all or some single CDs or collections, anything else...??
If you're not playing one of the UC versions, is your game patched?

Is the original Veronaville fine, with the flyby working?

Does the hood currently appear to be without other issues than this one?

I'm playing the disc version and I deleted the original Veronaville (via the hood selection page)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 12:19 AM
my best guess is that your custom neighborhood generated as N003, which is the same as veronaville's number. so even though you deleted veronaville (N003) from your game, the N003 template still exists within your program files. therefore this new neighborhood is pulling data from veronaville's template files. if you haven't noticed any other oddities with the neighborhood (like containing actual veronaville lots or sims), then it's... probably okay?

i would still recommend changing the neighborhood's number to something completely custom, just in case. let me know if you need an explanation of how to do that (i use bulk rename utility, and you need to rename not only the folder but the prefix of all files inside it that begin with the neighborhood number).

also couldn't hurt to run it through hoodchecker.