Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 9:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default installing neighborhoods
i have a custom neighborhood that means i downloaded an file that lets me have a new neighborhood i did this by going to the correct page and clicking downloas

my question is i know where the N folder goes(in neighborhoods but there also a folder called b001 where does that go?

i hope you all can understand me
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JoannaBailey
i have a custom neighborhood that means i downloaded an file that lets me have a new neighborhood i did this by going to the correct page and clicking downloas

my question is i know where the N folder goes(in neighborhoods but there also a folder called b001 where does that go?

i hope you all can understand me

B001 is Bluewater Village. You shouldn’t need to install that at all; unless the creator has made an alternate replacement Bluewater, in which case you’d need to move out the original in the program files and replace it with the new one.

This should be explained in the instructions on the site. If you tell us where you got these we can take a look and see if there’s something unexpected or dubious going on, or whether you just overlooked an explanation (as we al do sometimes).

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 9:22 PM
thesimsresorce thats a website that has sim2 neighborhoods
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 9:35 PM
It has a lot of neighbourhoods, can you give us a link to the exact one you downloaded?
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 10:13 PM
i can't install tnem somethings wrong
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 10:36 PM
Please post a link so we can see it for ourselves. It’s possible more experienced eyes will spot possible sources of problems at once. Or at least tell us the name of the creator and of neighborhood. There might be scuttlebutt, or someone here with prior experience of them.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Banned
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 1:35 AM
The neighbohoood doesn’t work the heck did I justt do?!
Banned
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 5:09 AM
i forgot to add i have orign's version of ultimate collection
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 5:39 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Jan 2023 at 6:13 AM.
The neighbohoood doesn’t work the heck did I justt do?!

We have absolutely no idea. Please answer the questions people have asked in the posts above, or we can't help you. We're not able to see your computer screen, so you have to tell us:

1: Which neighborhood you're installing (post a link, it's easier for us to help you then)

2: What isn't working (telling us "it's not working" tells us nothing - we need to know
--A) where on your computer you installed it (file path?)
--B) If any of the new neighborhood shows up at all ingame
--C) Did you read and follow the instructions given in the original download (Make sure to re-read, it's possible you skipped steps)
--D) Other issues or things you find confusing when installing the neighborhood (be descriptive - again, telling us just "it's not working" isn't helpful for anyone, least of all you).
Mad Poster
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 5:56 AM
Breathe, honey. We can’t help you without more information. We can’t see what you have or what you did. I know exactly how frustrated you are right now. We have all been there. That’s how we know that it’s possible for you to slow down and get a grip on yourself and review the details of what happened and lay out the information so we can help you figure out what went wrong and how to fix it. You can’t get what you want until you get the frustration under control.

Go back to where you downloaded this neighborhood, make note of the URL, and review what the creator said about it. Review the steps you took and write them down. Make note of anything that confuses you and look out for places where you might have made errors. File paths are different for different versions of the game and different operating systems, for instance, and this is a common source of errors if, for example, the creator has M&G on Windows 7 and the downloaded has the UC on Windows 10. When I’m tired and distracted or in a hurry I am prone to miss steps and not see files I’m looking straight at. There’s also creators who can’t communicate clearly for whatever reason. But locating the problem area is the first step to solving the problem.

If this doesn’t lead you to solve your problem on your own, copy out the notes you made and post them here - URL, steps you took, points you found confusing, things you tried that didn’t work, all of it. Then, and only then, will we have enough information to make helpful suggestions.

We’ll help if we can, but only you can fix this and only if you stop thinking about how inexplicable it is and start thinking about solving it.

Banned
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 9:36 AM
https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...idge/id/884239/

when i install it it doesnt show up in game

C:\Users\Super\OneDrive\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Neighborhoods

yes i followed instructions

no they don't show up in game play

i wonder why it's not working i tried moving the b001 file renamed n009 thats about it
Banned
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 10:04 AM
um it says to pt my documents but wouldet it b4 different for ultimate collection orign installed?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 10:57 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Jan 2023 at 11:12 AM.
C:\Users\Super\OneDrive\Documents...

Nothing should go into this OneDrive folder. If your game associates with this folder, you'll sooner rather than later experience issues. You'll want to turn off OneDrive and make sure it doesn't see your Documents folder.

(OneDrive comes with the newer versions of Windows, and is often turned on by default. It tries to synch/backup your Documents folder, and while this in theory sounds like a good idea, it can cause a lot of problems both while you're playing and while the game is trying to save, especially if OneDrive has a limited amount of synch space).

The correct path for your Documents folder if you use Windows 10/11 (if the username is "Super") should be

C:\Users\Super\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection...

---

This one (Maple Ridge) is NOT a full neighborhood, but a terrain. Put both files ("Maple_Ridge.png" and "Maple_Ridge.sc4") into this location:

C:\Users\Super\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\SC4Terrains

You can access it ingame by making a new neighborhood and choosing this terrain to start out with.

---

Since you're wondering about a "N009" and a "B001" folder, are you trying to install a second neighborhood, too? If so, which one?
Banned
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 1:14 PM
nope thats how it came so where does it go?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 8:51 PM
nope thats how it came so where does it go?

Onedrive will mess your game up, you need to get rid of it.

Simmer22 said where it goes, carefully read her post above yours. C:\Users\Super\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~