Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#11701 Old 16th Jan 2023 at 1:42 PM
@AndrewGloria: nice picture of your hood-I've always wanted to use that Monopoly board that's available for download!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11702 Old 16th Jan 2023 at 2:23 PM
The monopoly hood looks so fun! Do you make them progress up one by one stage?

I do use the Visitor Controller; maybe that suppresses it. It's a shame, I quite like welcome wagons! I have taken to just greeting the first 2-3 walkbys and pretending they are one.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#11703 Old 16th Jan 2023 at 2:53 PM
I've found my Welcome Wagons seem to depend on who the sims already know and who lives nearby. When I moved in the Newson family recently, they only got Bebe and Edith Belfast, both who live right down the street. Interestingly, they did not get Charles Adama, even though he lives right next door and is retired. When the Ottomas family moved in near the Hoss farm, they got Hoss folk. When Vincent and Edith Belfast, and Miles and Christy Corbett, moved into their new homes, they didn't get one because they already knew everyone close by. Very occasionally I do move in new families and they don't get one at all.
Forum Resident
#11704 Old 16th Jan 2023 at 9:22 PM
The welcome wagons arrive around 11-12 when a family has just moved in. This is good to know so you can remove it from neighborhoods to load. I don't know if there is any way to remove it in simpe.
Forum Resident
#11705 Old 16th Jan 2023 at 10:47 PM
I use the Visitor Controller and still get the welcome wagon as long as there are eligible sims in the neighborhood.
Mad Poster
#11706 Old 16th Jan 2023 at 10:50 PM
I've had the welcome wagon before in my game-it usually arrives about 12:10-and it brings anywhere from 4 pixels to just one or two, depending on if you have any townies (empty hoods don't.) or not.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11707 Old 17th Jan 2023 at 12:47 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 17th Jan 2023 at 1:02 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
The monopoly hood looks so fun! Do you make them progress up one by one stage?

That would be a fun idea! Or throw dice to decide what lot they're moving to! Our Monopolis is a bit more prosaic. It's been in my game since early 2016 when I took part ind_dgjdhh's Monopoly Game Town Contest. I soon realised it would be more fun if I integrated the contest into my regular game. So I downloaded the empty version of it (terrain only) as I wanted plenty of room for new buildings. Andrew and Julian ran the construction company doing the building, with Andrew as Managing Director and Julian as "Creative Director". They employed me as their architect, and I had lots of interesting meetings with Andrew where we discussed strategy. Playing it that way made the contest a real highlight of my Simming career. After the contest I split the firms closing balance between Andrew and Julian making them both quite rich -- at least by the standards of my game. Their firm continues to build new houses in Monopolis, many of them in the firm's trademark "Veronavillesque" semi-traditional mock-Tudor style. As there's plenty of flat land there available for building, the sub-hood has become a popular place for newcomers to Veronaville to move to. MiIlburn Pennybags himself lives in the Green House right in the middle of the neighbourhood, and two other characters we met in the contest also live in substantial houses there: Val Briggs the City Planner and Lore Yitzek the head bookkeeper. Some of the early new residents got Milburn himself in their Welcome Wagon, accompanied by chief planner Val Briggs and his wife Fay. (Val's wife that is -- not Milburn's. Milburn is single -- and I suppose quite a good catch if it's his money you fancy!)

The sub-hood is now very much a part of "Greater Veronaville", and I enjoy playing the varied families who live there.
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I do use the Visitor Controller; maybe that suppresses it. It's a shame, I quite like welcome wagons! I have taken to just greeting the first 2-3 walkbys and pretending they are one.
I use the Visitor Controller too -- I need it for my teen-only nightclubs! But in my case (because of my EPs) it's the old global mod rather than the current object mod version. That may make a difference.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#11708 Old 19th Jan 2023 at 2:07 AM
Apparently I'm now a space pony, I don't know what to think of my "promotion". I wish the game had a better understanding of what indoors and outdoors is, just because I surround something in walls doesn't mean it's indoors and should be dark, there's no roof above.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Scholar
#11709 Old 19th Jan 2023 at 5:14 AM
Weather is at least aware that you haven't a roof over your head.
Field Researcher
#11710 Old 19th Jan 2023 at 5:24 AM
I want to cry. Why did I think ALL THIS TIME that my Graphics Rule Maker was installed when it WASN'T?! It was just there... chillin in my downloads but not installed??!??! AAAHHH!!!

No wonder why I couldn't get my smooth edges to work and the game took like ten minutes to even launch. Anyway... I already have 2345 screenshots of my hood with crusty dusty edges, but now they'll actually start looking pretty. Seriously I want to cry.
Inventor
#11711 Old 19th Jan 2023 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
Weather is at least aware that you haven't a roof over your head.

The weather is not aware that you are in an attic covered by a slanted roof but no ceiling. The weather is not aware that your ceiling has a sunken hot tub in it. (For example, Roxie Sharpe's house or the Downtown spa.)
Forum Resident
#11712 Old 19th Jan 2023 at 8:42 AM Last edited by Sokisims : 19th Jan 2023 at 9:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
I want to cry. Why did I think ALL THIS TIME that my Graphics Rule Maker was installed when it WASN'T?! It was just there... chillin in my downloads but not installed??!??! AAAHHH!!!

No wonder why I couldn't get my smooth edges to work and the game took like ten minutes to even launch. Anyway... I already have 2345 screenshots of my hood with crusty dusty edges, but now they'll actually start looking pretty. Seriously I want to cry.

In fact I was surprised that you had the edges turned off considering that your game looked pretty good and you use a lot of cc and have many sims, so it shows that you have a good machine. xD I'm glad you fixed it. ^^
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11713 Old 19th Jan 2023 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
Apparently I'm now a space pony, I don't know what to think of my "promotion".

It's really special, it will only last for a few posts then it'll change again. You just found one of Modthesims' easter eggs! I always screenshot when I see a Space Pony.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#11714 Old 19th Jan 2023 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
In fact I was surprised that you had the edges turned off considering that your game looked pretty good and you use a lot of cc and have many sims, so it shows that you have a good machine. xD I'm glad you fixed it. ^^

I was surprised too! I was just believing that everything was too good to be true; I get to have a nice game for once but not pretty edges . This is the first computer I've had that is strong enough to manage everything I want to put in the game, and I wondered why some of my fixes didn't work. If only I had checked literally a year before!!! Anyway, I'm glad I fixed it too!

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It's really special, it will only last for a few posts then it'll change again. You just found one of Modthesims' easter eggs! I always screenshot when I see a Space Pony.

Reminder to tell @simsample when I become a Space Pony to get a screenshot of my username
Top Secret Researcher
#11715 Old 20th Jan 2023 at 4:02 PM
It's a rather special playstyle when you have a lot where the garden literally never gets clean due to a bug... Every 30 sim minutes or so, the lot gets flooded and weeds spawn everywhere because the laundry mod made a clothesline "broken" as in needing "repairing"... Only, it can't be repaired because it's a clothesline and not a drying machine. Very interesting bug. At least I could make a story around it that fit, the family is forever cursed because a family member is the original witch who has upset the balance of nature by doing dark magic and resurrections. I don't think I'd try to fix it at this point since I've gotten used to it and there's always something to do so that's good in a way
But the garden used to look so nice...

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Forum Resident
#11716 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 8:59 PM
I have done it for myself and to entertain myself, but it is still an altruistic act for others... So, why so difficult?
Mad Poster
#11717 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 9:42 PM
@AndrewGloria, I remember you saying that when you create sim children in CAS directly, rather than by creating a baby from two adult sims, your game gives them a LTW. Somebody on reddit seems to have this happening in their game, too: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims2help/...r_cloning_sims/

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11718 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 11:30 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 23rd Jan 2023 at 12:24 AM.
@simsfreq, Yes, if I create a Sim in CAS, change their age to Child, or Toddler, and add them to the game then they have an LTW. I blame Squinge's AnyLTWforallaspirations myself. I've had it in my game since July 2014, so every non-genetic child or toddler added since that time has a Lifetime Want. It sort of makes sense: When you make a Sim in CAS, the Sim always starts as an Adult, so the Sim should get an LTW. Then you can change the Sim's age to whatever you want. Now I suppose there's something in an unmodded game to remove the LTW if the aspiration is "Grow Up", but it seems that the Squinge mod does exactly what it says: "all aspirations" logically includes "Grow Up", so my toddlers and my children come out of CAS with LTWs. They've been doing that for eight and a half years now, so I'm pretty sure that, if it was going to cause something disastrous, it would have happened by now! Kestrellyn told me it shouldn't work that way, but as far as I can see, in my game that's just how it works. To be fair, most people here are using the M&G game engine (and CAS), whereas I'm still using the OFB version, so maybe it's different.

I've just noticed today that all my Downtownie children have LTWs too. I've no idea how they got them, As I recall, I added a (Maxis) Downtown to Veronaville in February 2013, long before I added that Squinge mod. So the Downtownie children have been playing with my playable children now for ten years, all but a few days -- with no sign at all of anything wrong. Well, not until you look at their LTWs in SimPE. I've long since stopped worrying about it. As I see it, children and toddlers having LTWs can be a sign of corruption, but it clearly isn't corruption in itself. Whatever the cause of this, it seems obvious to me that it's not doing any real harm.

Maybe I should join reddit and tell them to stop worrying about it.
[EDIT] I've joined -- but I find the interface there totally confusing! I hope they can understand what I'm trying to say there.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#11719 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 10:32 PM
I've never thought I needed custom terrain paints for brick or stone floors we already have. That all changed after watching Kayleigh 83...

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Forum Resident
#11720 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 9:46 AM
the cold wave makes me not want to play the sims xD is it time to look for a stove?
Top Secret Researcher
#11721 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 1:31 AM
Two perfect lightning strikes: 1) just at the scream when giving birth (named that child Tonitrua, the latin word for thunder), 2) right after that happy promotion melody, on beat.
Hilarious. Died laughing both times.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Top Secret Researcher
#11722 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
the cold wave makes me not want to play the sims xD is it time to look for a stove?

Just run the game on high graphics and poly settings with tons of mods and CC. Your computer will BECOME a stove.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Forum Resident
#11723 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Just run the game on high graphics and poly settings with tons of mods and CC. Your computer will BECOME a stove.

That's right, I hadn't thought of that
Mad Poster
#11724 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 11:37 AM
No joke, when I am home alone with my youngest kid, the living room is cold and I have to bring the heater in or wear a scarf.

At the weekend when my husband is home and we both have gaming computers on all day + 2x adult body heat, the room is perfectly warm with no heating required.

And back when we lived in an attic and there was a heatwave, we had to ration the computers being on as they warmed up the room too much!

Field Researcher
#11725 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 2:51 PM
This reminds me of when I had one laptop that would shut down if it got too hot, and playing the sims was what did it most of the time. I used to play in the corner of my bedroom so that I could plug in a fan, put the computer in a stool right next to the fan, wear a sweater because it was too cold and headphones cause it was always too loud!

Nothing was going to stop me from playing!
Page 469 of 516