Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2018 at 9:03 PM
Default Sims "Stock Photos"
Hey!
This thread is about pictures that give you the feel of a sims "stock photo". I mean a sims "stock photo" is similar to the pre-made pictures in the pre-made families photo albums. I just stumbled upon some old sims photos of mine and I thought "hey this looks like those pre-made pictures". I cannot specify what are the requirements for those, it is just a picture that should make you feel it is a "stock photo". I had no better idea than naming them "stock photo". xD

I'll post mine to give you a clue.

They are like
First picture: The two sisters live in peace, but how long will the harmony last?
Second picture: As time passed, the man wanted to be closer to her. But when will he discover the secrets of her family?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 9:46 PM
Oooooh, interesting!

I have something... somewhat similar. You know how premade families have a sort of "cover photo" for the neighbourhood album? I made some for some of the bin families too.

Does anyone else do this?
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 12:38 PM
I haven't, but it is pretty nice. :o
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 5:37 PM
Stock photo of angry plumbob:

Screenshots
Scholar
#5 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 10:50 PM
Stock photo of future pyschopath toddler

just why does gina caliente sit on her cousin and sing demonic nursery rhymes?
Screenshots

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 1:52 PM
Stock image of shocked husband discovering cheating spouse.

Screenshots
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 4:02 PM
He looks way too happy.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 7:04 PM
That's because it's really the "watching birth" animation.

Submitted for your approval, the first ever close-up shot I managed back when I first played Drama Acres.

All vanilla game content? Check.
Can't see anyone's face properly? Check.
Ambiguous content onto which a variety of interpretations can be projected? Check.
Unedited game snapshot? Check.
Composition almost but not quite adequate? Check.
Yup, this is a stock photo all right!

(It's real significance is twofold: One, this is when I figured out that community lots are lifesavers for stressed kids and teens, and Two: this was when I began to notice the Hawkins Effect. Normally I have trouble getting sims to meet suitable romantic partners for the first few days, but the teen girls were hurling themselves at Cooper Hawkins here, appalling hair and all. Especially blondes. (He isn't into blondes.)
Screenshots

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#9 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 8:59 AM
Stock photo - dad sleeping on the job. Someone's gonna be sorry when mom gets home.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 11:57 AM

- May I sit here?

Students' cafeteria

Georgia Broke (nee Newson) preparing dinner
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Submitted for your approval, the first ever close-up shot I managed back when I first played Drama Acres.

All vanilla game content? Check.
Can't see anyone's face properly? Check.
Ambiguous content onto which a variety of interpretations can be projected? Check.
Unedited game snapshot? Check.
Composition almost but not quite adequate? Check.
Yup, this is a stock photo all right!

ooo ooo - if we're going to play that game how about these: from the famous occasion Kennedy Cox got vengeance over the appalling Mercer Vaughan

All vanilla game content? Yup
Can't see anyone's face properly? Well, actually, the reason I like both pictures is you can see their faces. Especially Kennedy in the second. He was so pleased with himself.
Ambiguous content onto which a variety of interpretations can be projected? If you say so though I am pretty sure I know what they were thinking
Unedited game snapshot? Ah-huh
Composition almost but not quite adequate? Certainly

Another criteria:
Background to shot entirely devoid of features - bare terrain only - with a limited view distance. This was well before University.
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 10:15 PM
I have some that kind of look like they belong in the premade photo albums. These are from many years ago, not posed, just regular snapshots.
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 10:57 AM
This is from two years ago and reminds me of these kind of images too.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 3:15 PM
Default reply should sound like Maxis
Quote: Originally posted by LiliLiliLili
This is from two years ago and reminds me of these kind of images too.

As little Mary is held to have her birthday, Frank wonders if he should just stand there. Uncle Marty wants to punch him for making him miss work, but at least he brought a present...a lump of coal. And Mary's brother only cares about cake. Will Frank ever stop spending his nights looking for adventure with the telescope?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 10:49 AM
It is actually a sphere shaped Rubik's cube, but you're creative, and I am glad this topic has replies after years.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 6:44 PM
Well, I'm making a few images that I'm planning to be used as some family photo sort of thing hung up on the wall. Here's the some that looks like Maxis 'stock photos' sorta
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#17 Old 7th Mar 2022 at 12:16 AM

This one always gave me that stock photo feeling.

Brahe Neighbour likes Ripp Grunt - and so does her recently moved in room mate Cappuchino. Will tensions rip the new household apart, or is there enough Ripp for everyone? (spoiler: there's enough Ripp for everyone)

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 22nd Apr 2022 at 1:40 AM
And now for something completely...not new. Our favorite pleasant family, with the troublesome girls and their boyfriends eating together. As if the girls didn't hate each other enough, I had them try to steal each others boyfriends. Going to a community lot became impossible - the girls liked to fight in public; so Lilith went to live with her grandparents, who never let her go out. They are also adopting every orphan child in the hood; take THAT Lilith!

And yes, I'm torturing the maid, who is pregnant.
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 5:04 PM
I like the composition of it.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#20 Old 16th Nov 2022 at 11:38 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 17th Nov 2022 at 6:45 PM.
Normally I post it in random, but my photos usually look like stock. xD Azalea and the rest of the sub hoods during this time.
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Apr 2023 at 12:17 PM
Like a family photo
Screenshots