Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 10:45 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to make a pose only using a piece of joint (in milkshape)?
(Hello, this is my first actual question on modthesims so please kindly remind me what to do should I make any mistake here)

Purpose: To know how to make a pose with only a part of the limb and not the entire body, so that the sim can still move (walk and so) and the sim will not be stuck in that pose.

I've been studying the Custom Prop Hack by Decorgal21572 (Link: https://modthesims.info/d/351524/cu...rytellers.htmlP) (to actually try to replicate it).

What comes to mind is when I check the customprop packages in simpe, they only made the poses using a piece of joint and not the entire auskel, which makes sense because the entire sim isnt frozen and only the limb the sim holds the object and is made fixed in the pose it is assigned.

Therefore, I'm posting this question to ask u guys how to make such a pose in milkshape, should any of you know? I'll try my best to enclose the images for better references

Thank you very much.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 10:49 AM
Default Enclosed images
Here are my enclosed images, I'll upload more.
As u can see, in picture 220, it's the package files of decorgal in simpe, and I found out that in the pose for holding books, they only used the left bicep, and in other poses, they didn't export the rig as auskel too.
In picture 221, it's auskel as it's how I'm taught to make the poseboxes. With auskel being exported, the entire sim body will be kept fixed in any given pose, even if it's plain t-pose.

Quote: Originally posted by stellersandria
(Hello, this is my first actual question on modthesims so please kindly remind me what to do should I make any mistake here)

Purpose: To know how to make a pose with only a part of the limb and not the entire body, so that the sim can still move (walk and so) and the sim will not be stuck in that pose.

I've been studying the Custom Prop Hack by Decorgal21572 (Link: https://modthesims.info/d/351524/cu...rytellers.htmlP) (to actually try to replicate it).

What comes to mind is when I check the customprop packages in simpe, they only made the poses using a piece of joint and not the entire auskel, which makes sense because the entire sim isnt frozen and only the limb the sim holds the object and is made fixed in the pose it is assigned.

Therefore, I'm posting this question to ask u guys how to make such a pose in milkshape, should any of you know? I'll try my best to enclose the images for better references

Thank you very much.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 3:09 PM
For a full pose you select the entire skeleton via "select all" in the menu - this sets the auskel as the root joint.

For a part pose, I think you select the root joint of the part of the body you want to pose, so if you pose the left arm from the bicep joint, double-click the bicep joint and set a key with the marked joints, making sure the rest of the skeleton is in a T-pose. The selected root joint of the pose will be the one showing for the pose (so fingers/hands/etc. will also be part of the pose).

I think there are also some settings in the posebox itself that makes the pose an overlay, but you can look in a box for that info - should be in the BHAVs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 10:19 AM
Default Thank you!
Thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
For a full pose you select the entire skeleton via "select all" in the menu - this sets the auskel as the root joint.

For a part pose, I think you select the root joint of the part of the body you want to pose, so if you pose the left arm from the bicep joint, double-click the bicep joint and set a key with the marked joints, making sure the rest of the skeleton is in a T-pose. The selected root joint of the pose will be the one showing for the pose (so fingers/hands/etc. will also be part of the pose).

I think there are also some settings in the posebox itself that makes the pose an overlay, but you can look in a box for that info - should be in the BHAVs.