Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 11:49 PM
Default Doctors and the side effects...
Today was my physical and for once, I didn't have "probing of tender underbelly", but I gained a considerable amount of weight for her to scare me into starvation when she said "Type 2 Diabetes" and then I was due for a tetanus shot and a blood test. The tetanus shot didn't hurt on administration, I felt warm, gassy, sweaty, wobbly legged and dizzy once at home. Took my panic pill, Gas-X and ibuprofen.

Yes, this is what I call a rough day at the office. The life I lead is any but one of leisure. Errands to run, calls to make, food to cook, interact with you guys, my parents and chatty Gemini (my 6 yo tux cat), run important computer operations such as backing up data and print labels on the backup discs for identification purposes. No wonder I need all the help I get.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 9:06 PM
You were diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, or did the doctor just tell you you're at high risk?

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
You were diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, or did the doctor just tell you you're at high risk?

At risk. But still, I am scared shitless regardless.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Theorist
#4 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
At risk. But still, I am scared shitless regardless.

I can understand. My glucose level indicates I'm pre-diabetic myself. I worry about it because type 2 diabetes is no joke.
I lost some weight, but it didn't seem to help my glucose level.
I guess lifestyle change is the only thing that really makes a difference, but changing one's lifestyle is easier said than done.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 11:36 PM
Not only that, but because I have Mediterranean relatives through blood and marriage, you can guess advice on triglyceride management will be common at family reunions.