Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Animation Painting-Custom Animations! **UPDATE**REDOWNLOAD

by callum91 Posted 6th Apr 2007 at 5:57 PM - Updated 25th Nov 2010 at 9:21 PM by whiterider

91 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 8:34 PM Last edited by callum91 : 6th Apr 2007 at 9:00 PM.
Like I said,its only to save you the hassle if someone DOES ask where did you get the pose,no please, dont moan,ive changed it
BTW,i doubt anyone would say anything against a mod if they had these terms,would they?

Quote: Originally posted by MattieOReilly
but really there is a point when TOS' just get beyond reasonable and in cases like this, make a download worthless.

Go look at the exchange, you can see tonnes of MTS2 peoples stuff there when ReUploading is not allowed and is stated in their TOS.
If you are calling this download worthless because I dont want it getting on sites that I dont like , like paysites, go ahead,dont download it-doesnt bother me
Oh yeah,and i see that you havent made anything (or uploaded it here atleast) maybe you dont know what it feels like when someone at the exchange steals your work and says ' All CC by me! R8 hi n d0wnl0ad!',thats why i have such a TOS,to try and stop people reuploading it
think about that

edit- thanks for the Happy Birthday comments ^-^ and im glad that those who like it/downloaded it,DO like it

DONT ASK ME FOR A REQUEST ^-^
New Policy,applies to all my meshes ^-^
Im not meshing/Simming now,details in my Policy thing
Field Researcher
#27 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 8:43 PM
Wow, great job! Thank you so much!
And Happy Birthday!!

...they call us walking corpses;
unholy living dead...

-------------

Leather, Spikes, Studs and Patches - Corinne's Creations
Test Subject
#28 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 8:45 PM
Really nice! Can´t wait to test the animations! Have a happy birthday!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 9:04 PM
I would have downloaded it if the TOS hadn't been so strict. Oh well.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 9:12 PM
I don't think the TOS is strict, it's normal

ONLY LOVE IS REVOLUTIONARY
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#31 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 9:15 PM
Very cool, and I can't wait to give it a try - I'd been messing with some myself but certainly not to this degree.

You can't, however, expect people to not take exception to non-standard terms of use that have been widely agreed by most of the community to be beyond what creators should desire for their creations. May I suggest that you change that to, "If you post pics prominently featuring my poses, credit would be nice but not required, if only to save yourself people asking you how you got that pose." That way you're not asking for anything non-standard, but strongly suggesting that people who use your item (which looks like it will be quite useful) offer credits if they are using it in a way that people will be asking about it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 9:19 PM
game won't even start with this in... sucks, 'cuz I was looking forward to seeing it...
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 9:25 PM
my game doesn't start either...
i really wanted to try it out...
maybe it's because i have no ep's(aikea_guinea paintiing at Insimenator doesn't work for me either...)
but great download by the way
Instructor
Original Poster
#34 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 9:26 PM Last edited by callum91 : 6th Apr 2007 at 9:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DAWUSS
game won't even start with this in... sucks, 'cuz I was looking forward to seeing it...

are you sure its this? you havent downloaded a tonne of other things too? try redownload it-things often get corrupted because the Server times out (that is correct?) and cancels your download before its meant to be finished
Try redownload again,into a different location

Quote:
Tastefully Censored Ape
I love it HP! :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by Simmer87
my game doesn't start either...
i really wanted to try it out...
maybe it's because i have no ep's(aikea_guinea paintiing at Insimenator doesn't work for me either...)
but great download by the way

aw noo !!!!
I didnt make it BaseGameCompliant!! I had never even heard of objects not being backward compatible!
It must need any EP
Sorry!
Aw,Im gonna have to re-do it! Itll take a few days,because I cant get a new monitor right now,so ill have to use my dads laptop!
IM REALLY SORRY

Quote: Originally posted by .ichi
Ah, the game won't start up for me, either. What expansions do you have? I only have up to OFB; perhaps that's the issue. I was looking forward to it, as well.

Noo! More people for who it wont load for!
GRR, I have all EPs,FFS,GLS&CS,aw no!
Ill remake it for basgame compliant! sorry!

Test Subject
#35 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 9:36 PM
Ah, the game won't start up for me, either. What expansions do you have? I only have up to OFB; perhaps that's the issue. I was looking forward to it, as well.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 9:40 PM
callum,you're going to redo it but it won't be base game compatible either,right?
sorry if that's a really dumb question,but i'm not an expert on hacks and stuff...
*blushes*
Instructor
Original Poster
#37 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmer87
callum,you're going to redo it but it won't be base game compatible either,right?
sorry if that's a really dumb question,but i'm not an expert on hacks and stuff...
*blushes*

Ive read on how to make it BaseGameCompliant,I hadnt even thought it wouldnt!

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 9:51 PM
it's ok callum
i appreciate your hard work and i'm looking forward to see the new version!(but don't rush on it!)
retired moderator
#39 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 9:54 PM
Callum, base game compatability should be pretty easy - just redo the package itself, cloning from the original painting, after unchecking all the EPs in your SimPE filetable, then reloading it. It'll require you just import your ANIMs and set up the BHAVs, description, GUID, and texture again, but really, that's the easy part. Your animations should be perfectly fine base-game compatible.

This likely requires Pets, not OfB - I cloned the same painting for my tests and it has a scratch/chew interaction for pets on it in the pie menu strings.

Also, you can likely combine both files together - just extract the ones from the separate one (I assume that's all your animations?) and add them to the main mesh file. Not really needed but makes things a little neater.

Thanks for fixing the TOU - and happy birthday.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Instructor
Original Poster
#40 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Callum, base game compatability should be pretty easy - just redo the package itself, cloning from the original painting, after unchecking all the EPs in your SimPE filetable, then reloading it. It'll require you just import your ANIMs and set up the BHAVs, description, GUID, and texture again, but really, that's the easy part. Your animations should be perfectly fine base-game compatible.

This likely requires Pets, not OfB - I cloned the same painting for my tests and it has a scratch/chew interaction for pets on it in the pie menu strings.

Also, you can likely combine both files together - just extract the ones from the separate one (I assume that's all your animations?) and add them to the main mesh file. Not really needed but makes things a little neater.

Thanks for fixing the TOU - and happy birthday.

Hysterical,
I read Numenors guide just now-how could I have overlooked it?!
If I was to extract each BHAV,then import it into my new one,it should work huh?
I feel like I failed lol
Um,when making this,I had originally put the Anims in the Main file-but it didnt seem to go,and I found that for me,it was less confusing to have them in 2 separate files.

Yeah,thats the reason I said link to here,because when someone see's something new, its like 'ZOMG ME WANNIT GImemmeme!111!!11' ,so it was just to save them the hassle,I never thought it would have caused such a ruckus(sp? lol)

Thank thank you for both the help and Birthday wish

^-^

The new one will hopefully be up about Saturday 4pm BST

retired moderator
#41 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 10:41 PM
Naaaah just a little mistake - it'll still work fine for EP addicts like me. May wanna flag it as In Testing for the moment though, until you've had time to do the base-game compatability and get quite a few people actually testing it. Never hurts to do so especially with new projects.

Once you've got the kinks worked out I'd like to add it to my collection of poses and picture taking crap.

I don't know if your BHAVs will be base-game compatible. The ANIMs you got out of Miche's animation converter should be fine but I would probably just rebuild the rest if it were me. Even if your BHAVs loop that shouldn't take near as long as doing the animations themselves, which I know are a pain in the royal ass to pose in anything like a natural position.

I understand where you were coming from with the TOU - just think about it from the downloader's side though, and if everyone wanted that same thing. Besides, it's totally unenforceable. If your poses are cool, people will learn about them, and being kind and understanding to your downloaders is always appreciated.

Anyway, time for me to stop rambling and go to bed. Good luck with the fixy. I'm glad you made this - I was soooo excited when I saw John's tutorial, so I can understand the desire to do something awesome with it.

(PS: if you post pics of all your poses, then maybe people will have an easier time identifying those that are yours if they're looking for one. Just a thought. Sleeping now. )

Test Subject
#42 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 10:58 PM
This is so cool-I hope to see more like this

Thanks and Happy birthday
Field Researcher
#43 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 11:37 PM
hey i just saw the list of the Required packs for this intem, wel i don't have glamour and family fun but the painting is still working for me, just letting you know

Edit: hey i didn't know it was your birthday!?

oh wel better late then never HAPPY BIRTHDAY Callum!

Visit my Dreamwidth for my latested uploads!
~Babbelsim~
Field Researcher
#44 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 1:49 AM Last edited by phantomgremlock : 7th Apr 2007 at 6:36 AM.
Sorry to hear that people are being so hard on your bud, I have worked on alot of stuff myself and know just how much actually goes into it. I just won't upload it either because alot of it can end up on other sites where people try to steal credit, others simple won't appreciate it.

I understand very well what it's like to try out new things here and have the game crash because makers don't provide enough information. MTS2 is like a 2 way street but also this site has alot of stuff in testing. I tried your mod and the game froze while loading at the start too so I had to reboot.
I forgot to check and see if the game was compatible with my Ep's lol!!!

Thankyou for taking the time to rework the compatibillity issue and
Happy Birthday buddy!!! ^^
So how old or young will you be anyway?
I'm sure everyone will want to know now :D

Say "Keep your neighborhood User Friendly ^^
Test Subject
#45 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 7:32 AM
Interesting...

\(^ . ^)/ "Horrei!!"
Scholar
#46 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 8:28 AM
I will test this new poses with pleasure. Thank you and happy birthday (late sorry) Callum !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Instructor
Original Poster
#47 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 8:50 AM
SPs shouldnt be a problem,like HP said,Most likely requires Pests..Ooops.Pets (Yet I didnt have a single bug with Pets,except Bodyshop )
Anyway,for those who it works,Im glad you like it
And how young will I be? A milestone-16 ^-^
Oh and its not late HappyBirthday,its early,my Birthday is the 8th ^-^

Instructor
#48 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 5:59 PM
I've already commented on this but just to say..it's amazing! It's better than i thought it would be! It works fine in my game though. Thanks again.
Instructor
Original Poster
#49 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 10:14 PM
Fluffy,aw kewlnezz ( )
Im glad you like it,I know the anims arent perfect,most likely because my milkshape often leaps forward a million frames before I realise how dumb it is lol!
but anyway,i am happy u like it well, love it

It seems the BaseGame one wont be up for a small while,likely a week.Monitor is dead, laptop overheats,stealing my familys monitor for 5hrs is bad, and gots no money:P
And it wont stick to the wall LOL!

Lab Assistant
#50 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 2:37 PM
With Borat accent:
It's very nice !

Five stars !

I cannot take requests now.

DO NOT UPLOAD MY CC ON PAY SITES, THANKS
Page 2 of 4