Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CUSTARD Sims3Pack Cleaner

by Tashiketh Posted 6th Feb 2010 at 11:52 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2018 at 2:49 PM by Tashiketh

555 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 482 Feedback Posts, 72 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 23 of 23
Field Researcher
#551 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 6:01 AM
I built my previous computer 11 years ago pretty much just to play the Sims 3. It still works very well but, with Vista, it hasn't been supported for a long time and it was getting to where I couldn't access a lot of stuff on line. So, here I am with Windows 10 and, while there are a few features I'm coming around on, for the most part it just frustrates the living "heck" out of me. The current bee in my bonnet is not being able to click on a Sims3pack and have it open. I've been poking about online and poking about on my PC (with my new and very limited knowledge) and I seem to have hit on the problem as to why this no longer works on Wind10 as it had on earlier versions. It doesn't install to the PC. Win10 does give us the ability to look at the apps on the PC, and Custard isn't there because it's an executable file and not actually on the PC. The PC doesn't know it's here so it can't be assigned to file extensions. Now, I don't know if you've any interest in seeing if this can be updated in order to make it work for us poor slobs that have loved it forever and can barely live without it, or if you just don't want to give it a go, but I did want to add this tidbit because it doesn't really look like anyone has mentioned that this may be the key.

BTW, I saw that someone asked about the .Net 2 framework and if .4 is acceptable - didn't get a response - and I wonder the same as well since I have no idea if the .Net 2 installed (no message saying one way or the other and with Win10, I'm beginning to err on the side of "sorry, folks, we don't do that anymore"!
Test Subject
#552 Old 6th Feb 2020 at 1:18 AM
This program won't open for me at all. I tried opening it four times now.
Test Subject
#553 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 12:32 PM
Default Late Reply but a Solution Provided at Best
Quote: Originally posted by JaneCullen87
This program won't open for me at all. I tried opening it four times now.

You must place the files into a folder then open the file within that folder called 'Sims3packcleaner' after you have it unpacked into either WinRAR or 7zip. You can not open the file through the rar unpacking programs (this was the mistake I made which you could probably be having too). Hope this helps.
Forum Resident
#554 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 11:09 PM
Since I've recently started to try Sims3Packs (only one so far), I knew that it was time to start actually using this tool. Thanks for it!

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Test Subject
#555 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 3:07 AM
Thank you, this was very helpful
Quote: Originally posted by troshalom
Crinrict has an excellent blog explaining how to use this excellent tool: https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/...ys-custard.html

Thanks for this link, I was confused on how to use custard and this helped explain enough that I feel better using it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#556 Old 17th Feb 2023 at 8:50 PM Last edited by Sonynh0 : 7th Mar 2023 at 8:21 PM.
Help with Custard - MARCH 07, 2023
Thanks for it!

Is it still ok in feb 2023?

EDIT: Today I tried - again - to run CUSTARD, but it doesn't open any file (Sim3Pack).
Here's what it gave me after some tries:

File name: 'MadScience.Helpers, Version=1.1.3830.15490, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
em MadScience.Wrappers.Database.readDatabase(Stream stream, Boolean readExisting, Boolean throwError)
em MadScience.Wrappers.Database..ctor(Stream stream, Boolean readExisting, Boolean throwError)
em MadScience.Detective.getType(Stream input)
em Sims3PackCleanInstaller.Form1.addListItem(PackagedFile packagedFile)
em Sims3PackCleanInstaller.Form1.loadFile(String filename)
em Sims3PackCleanInstaller.Form1.openToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
em System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
em System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
em System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
em System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
em System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
em System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
em System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
em System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
em System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
em System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
em System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
em System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

AVI: logging of assembly bindings is disabled.
To enable logging of assembly failures, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with logging assembly binding failure.
To disable this feature, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
Page 23 of 23