Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CUSTARD Sims3Pack Cleaner

by Tashiketh Posted 6th Feb 2010 at 11:52 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2018 at 2:49 PM by Tashiketh

555 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 482 Feedback Posts, 72 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 23
Inventor
#201 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 11:18 AM
Do you mean when downloading from the exchange or if you have the sims3pack files on your computer ?

For the Exchange: Use the 'Save as' option instead of 'add to game' to save them to your computer first.
For files on your Computer: Don't double-click on them but open Custard first and then open the files from within Custard (or change the program you want to open sims3pack with to Custard instead of the Launcher).
Test Subject
#202 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 9:23 PM Last edited by brandi22 : 4th Feb 2011 at 9:55 PM.
Will this detect the following cc that causes baby/toddler glitches:

- New CAS Project vampire t-shirt
- Night time and day time everyday shoes
- .Nkd bottom
Inventor
#203 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 9:29 AM
The new version Delphy is working on will (not saying WHAT they are but that they are badly categorized and marking them red). The one in the first post doesn't.
Test Subject
#204 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 4:31 AM
Default So do we have a mac version here?
I have installed so many sims 3 file which I probably don't know I have it it would be kind of great That I have this tool on my mac to manege those files and my sims start to wearing those crazy outfits when they are showering as well as I installed those beautiful hoses I find on the internet and came out so wrong which is annoying so I was kind hope there is a tool that can help me out here... Hope the mac tool would came out soon
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#205 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 2:40 PM
I'm getting an error when opening the .rar file for this program: Unexpected end of archive.

Any thoughts?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#206 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 4:36 PM
Download it again.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#207 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 8:14 PM
I downloaded this for the first time today to remove a pattern from a lot before installing it. I noticed it said it had a DBPF in the DBPF but ignored that since it is a known issue. I unchecked the box next to the pattern and saved. When I tried to open the file after saving, I got an error. I can give you the lot if you need it.

Oh and the Custard I downloaded was from your post on Jan. 30th.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Custard Error.rar (1.3 KB, 84 downloads)
Description: error caused by lot
Field Researcher
#208 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 6:08 AM
Hi Delphy! It's me again...I've not been back since Sept...the last month alone has been spent trying to get my game back to status quo after the 1.19 patch!

I redownloaded your CUSTARD program (9/27) as I'm redoing all my old programs just in case. I opened a .Sims3Pack in the program with corrupt files and I had no options to fix, debug or save. I can open and exit and that is it. They are all like this.

I've not downloaded the recent version as you seem to be testing it and, since my interest is in winnowing out the corrupt and bad CC and identifying custom windows/doors/arches (I'm thinking of taking Huge Lunatics advice on extracting most of my files to package files as I HATE HATE HATE the Launcher!) and extracting those package files and the numbers involved are ginormous, I didn't feel I would be able to test, etc.

Any ideas why this is happening? Do I need to install the more recent version instead of the 9/27 one? Or have I just completely forgotten how to use this in the past 5 1/2 months!
Inventor
#209 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 12:46 PM
@kslibra: How did you open the file ? I found that for me, the save tends not to work if I right click on the file and open Custard this way. If I open Custard first and then open the file from within Custard, it does work fine.

Also the broken Windows/Doors/Arches won't be recognized by Custard (at least not to my knowledge since this is a newer issue.

Check my tutorial to see what issues Custard does recognizes: http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2...al-custard.html
Lab Assistant
#210 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 5:32 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I downloaded the version in the first post, and got the same result.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#211 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 8:04 AM
crinrict, broken doors/windows/arches? I haven't seen that type... do you have an example and an explanation of whats wrong?

Inventor
#212 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 10:30 AM
Because of the half walls introduced with LN a few windows/doors show holes in the walls. There are many many of those (even some EA ones). I'm not exactly sure what is wrong but lots of them had to be updated.

I guess most creators have updated theirs so I don't have an example right now (except the cellar arch in the EA Store).

Here's a pic though: http://www.customsims3.com/smf/inde...g28331#msg28331

Some windows even crash the game. Since many of those where Sims3packs they faulty ones are bound to be still in the Exchange and other sites.

In a German forum I found this info (mind you, I have no idea what this means, just trying to translate what they said): The problem seems to be with the dds format of the wall mask and they need to be saved as DTX1 instead of DTX5. They say that EA has changed the compression of the wall mask. Maybe some of the creators know more.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#213 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 12:45 PM
crinrict: Okay cool, I'll ask Leefish about it. Thanks

Field Researcher
#214 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 3:44 AM
Okay...I had the .Sims3Pack files set to Open With CUSTARD. When I open CUSTARD first, although the few I tried weren't fixed, at least I had the option! Because it takes more time doing it the latter method, I'll go on using the Open With to identify the Sims3packs that are corrupt and then switch over after I'm done to see what can be fixed. I have quite a few from TSR, but from what I've read that's to be expected! I also have a number of houses and most of the custom worlds, which I know I've played before....we'll see. I remember there was discussion on this thread about these issues and will look at it further when I get to that point. This is going to be a lengthy process converting all of my .Sims3Pack files that I can! Thanks for the tip...I'd have not likely thought of that, even though upon reflection I remember several of the programs work that way.

The issue with the windows it HUGE in that the majority of my custom windows will crash my game. And...because they are .Sims3pack files, nearly impossible to get rid of....and....since the windows crash the game the moment you try to touch them, even to delete them....AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! And because the Launcher is impossible - not only doesn't it sort, which would make it easier, it also only shows about 1/3 of my custom installs. (The Launcher is the reason I am having to go through this with the Windows.) Crinrict, you know what trouble I've had getting my silly game up to speed - so much time had passed I'd forgotten about the window issue and, with my final reinstall of .Sims3Packs, my cocky little self moved out a family member and proceeded to build a house, only to have it crash as I was swapping out the EA windows that fall below the countertops. Boo Hoo! It has something to do with the wall mask and saving it as DXT1 -1bit alpha instead of DXT5...or something like that. (If this is so, maybe this would be info Delphy could use.) Unfortunately, some creators will not be fixing their windows and the ones that try are finding it rough going, fixing some but finding some still problematic. I'm also thinking that the windows may not be a problem for houses built prior to the patch but I'm not sure I'm remembering that correctly. &^%$ EA! I LOVE my custom windows and I'm afraid it will be difficult to find any more in the future...

TaTa - off to work through my .Sims3packs!
Inventor
#215 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 9:57 AM
If you have an example of such a faulty window you should upload/link it here. It might help Delphy.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#216 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 10:36 AM
Talking to Lee last night (who got some info from Inge), sounds like the issue might be fixable, but I just had to reinstall Windows, so I don't have Visual Studio installed yet... so I'll have a look at some point.

Inventor
#217 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 11:52 AM
Do you have any idea about twoftmama's issue ? I had the same error popping up with this file when simply using save without changing anything.

Since Custard says something about EP03/CounterIslandBaseLounge but I have no clue what that is. I tried with the base game only and there are no extra downloads involved (did find any, anyway)

Both versions of Custard show a DBPF Reference but I can't find anything suspicious when I install the file (except the pattern TFM is trying to get rid of). Seems to work just fine.

The file we are talking about can be found here: http://simsbykate.blogspot.com/2011...ling-no-cc.html

EDIT:
As for the windows issue. I think it would be even great just to SHOW that it has the issue.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#218 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 7:22 PM
crinrict, try the version attached. Turns out I wasn't encoding some of the XML correctly so it gave errors.

I still need to dig into the Window issue so I'll do that soon(ish).
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  CUSTARD.7z (73.5 KB, 1479 downloads)

Inventor
#219 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 8:01 PM
Still shows too many as contains another DBPF (almost all the files I checked, random from the exchange). When I check them with the current version they don't show anything (did not try installing the stuff). But I'm guessing that's not the issue you fixed

Does fix the issue with that lot TFM talked about.

Still can only use save and save as when I open Custard first and then the file and not use open with on a file to open with Custard.
Lab Assistant
#220 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 6:03 PM
Thank you Delphy. I'll give this version a try.
Field Researcher
#221 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 7:03 PM
I'll have to see what windows are crashing...I've had several but I was just taking them out thinking they were bad downloads - I didn't realize it was a widespread issue with the patch that gave us half-walls. I'm guessing this is the same patch that gave Delphy such a headache back in Sept!

I do know that the problem is with the 1-tile windows (and some doors and arches)...I think I've read that the 2-tile windows seems to be fine... Hudy777 has that great EXTENSIVE set of modern windows that were really screwed up but all have been fixed except for the 45 degree ones. I've been using CUSTARD to find all my windows .sims3packs so I can check with the artists and see if they've been fixed. I'll let you know what I find out...

There were a couple of artists that had given us half-walls (probably from a fence) but EA gave us half-walls and ruined our windows. (Rumor has it they even screwed up a couple of their own windows!) If EA were to ask me if I'd rather have half-walls or great custom windows, two big thumbs up for the custom windows!
Inventor
#222 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kslibra
(Rumor has it they even screwed up a couple of their own windows!)

That's not a rumor, that's a fact.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#223 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 11:18 PM
Which windows that are EA's do this? Are they store content? I've found that if I use s3rc on the free arch, then the window masks are wrong and my game will crash(randomly), but if I install straight from the store then it is fine.

I can't test this with any pay store content since I have none. I thought that s3rc only fixed broken packages but doesn't remove the store flag.
Inventor
#224 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 5:31 PM
That's the list I have so far (multiple sources, not tried myself):

Cellar Arch
--> might even crash your Game
Gothique Window (?)
Not-So-Private Study Door
Hidden tomb door (WA) --> reported by gobot1236

Most of the are Store, yes

I have no clue about s3rc whatsoever
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#225 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 6:21 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 13th Mar 2011 at 6:50 PM.
The current version of the Cellar Arch at the store is fine (for me at least), I just downloaded this past week and installed it. So either they fixed the door or the ones that are broke have been run through s3rc and that is the cause. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15129.0.html Claims to fix busted store packs, and while I can install sims3packs after using, that cellar arch door has broken masks and crashes the game if I do use s3rc. For anyone reporting those broken, have them redownload from the store and install again and see if the others are fixed. They might possibly be fixed.

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify that maybe in your lists of broken stuff you could mention redownloading from the store to see if there fixed. Sometimes I can be sooo unclear. :/
Page 9 of 23