Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Port La Forks, WA

by GLachaille Posted 14th May 2011 at 7:57 PM

91 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 45 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 16th May 2011 at 5:54 PM
Thnx for the share, I've installed it, and it's working like a charm :D.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#27 Old 16th May 2011 at 6:12 PM Last edited by efire : 16th May 2011 at 6:13 PM. Reason: misspell
It is installed. I had to upgrade my memory, but it was worth it!
BTW your photos do not do it justice, it is so beautiful.

Thank you again!
Test Subject
#28 Old 16th May 2011 at 10:39 PM
Thank you for making this. I can't wait to try it out.

And thank you armiel for the help.
Test Subject
#29 Old 16th May 2011 at 11:56 PM Last edited by Winter Ivy : 17th May 2011 at 1:03 AM. Reason: Adding info
Hi there, I've downloaded all 9 parts of this file and am failing horribly at getting it installed. The first way I tried, I downloaded all and put them into a folder. I then tried to extract the first one but kept getting a "please insert the disk that filenamehere can be found on" so then I renamed all the files per alishagambino's post and now this is the error I am getting

xtracting GLC_PortLaForksWA.Sims3Pack Error: CRC mismatch in file "GLC_PortLaForksWA.Sims3Pack" in the archive "C:\Users\Mandy\Downloads\La Forks\GLC_PortLaForksWA.part01.rar

I would very very much welcome any help pretty please. I would LOVE to wander in your gorgeous world. Also when you say the world is unpopulated... (This is my first world not from EA!) does that mean that there are no residents, no people working in the businesses' no one at all anywhere? If so is there anything more to it than just putting households in the world? In order to play it?

Sorry to be a pest!

Edit: The above error is in WinZIP in WinRAR it tells me unexpected end to archive

Edit: I've now removed and redownloaded everything and it seems to have worked. Though when I double clicked the unpacked file it said was already installed is that normal? And now I'm worried about the being unpopulated lol can anyone answer this for me pretty please?
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 17th May 2011 at 12:17 AM
Default still trying
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
You need to download all the rar files. Then once done so, put them all to a same folder. Then right click on the first rar and select "extract here". When it asks for next piece, just browse the second part, and so on. Do this until the process is complete. After that you can install the world normally.

Sometimes you need to rename the rars before extracting, do this by taking of the MTS_xxxxxx_xxxxxx. off the names of each rar (leave the world name and part(number). then right click the first rar and select "extract here". After it's done, just install the world.

I am not using WinRAR but the other extraction software 7-Zip File Manager (I have Windows 7). So the instructions to do this might be different. I am just not sure what I'm doing!

Jody
(Pawzim / jrb2037)
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#31 Old 17th May 2011 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jrb2037
I am not using WinRAR but the other extraction software 7-Zip File Manager (I have Windows 7). So the instructions to do this might be different. I am just not sure what I'm doing!

The process should be pretty much the same anyways. I have never used 7-zip, but as it is a packaging program, and very popular too, it should have same features.

So, try the first method first, if you can't make it work, then try the second method. Also, see my post later than the one you quoted, I rewrote the how to to be even more clear.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 17th May 2011 at 10:38 AM
I love this world, I lived in Sequim wich is about an hour from forks, I miss the beauty of it and this brings it all back. Thank you. I do have one question is it all unroutable. I would like to put some different size lots, but am unable to.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 17th May 2011 at 1:18 PM
I absolutely adore this download
it's almost like i emagined
I waited for this for soooo long, it's better like any new expansion pack ^_^
Thanks alot (Y)
Theorist
#34 Old 18th May 2011 at 12:54 AM
Wonderful work, thanks for sharing!

Also wanted to add that I too use 7 zip and I had a difficult time getting this to work. The first time I did it, CUSTARD identified the file as being corrupt. When I tried to unrar the first file again, it would stop before finishing and give me a message about being corrupt. It also did this when I renamed all the files.

So today I redownloaded all 9 files and got the same result the first time. Renamed all the files again, and then instead of choosing 'extract here' I choose 'extract to GLC_PortLaForksWA [folder]. Then inside the folder was the sims3pack and I could then install it. I don't know if this will help anyone else, but thought I'd share in case it did.

Thanks again, Glachaille. The world is beautiful! And I don't even know nothin' about no sparkle vamps. Anyone can enjoy this world.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Test Subject
#35 Old 18th May 2011 at 2:32 AM
Default Thank You
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
You need to download all the rar files. Then once done so, put them all to a same folder. Then right click on the first rar and select "extract here". When it asks for next piece, just browse the second part, and so on. Do this until the process is complete. After that you can install the world normally.

Sometimes you need to rename the rars before extracting, do this by taking of the MTS_xxxxxx_xxxxxx. off the names of each rar (leave the world name and part(number). then right click the first rar and select "extract here". After it's done, just install the world.

I was having a lot of trouble extracting this, and was just about to give up... then I saw this and tried it. It worked great!

Thank You!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 20th May 2011 at 5:03 AM
Downloaded and opened with WinRAR without a problem. This is a very nicely detailed and playable world. It looks like a lot of time and work went into putting this together, it's as pro as anything EA has put out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 21st May 2011 at 11:39 AM
The school doesn't exist o.o neither that building to politics career... Help?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#38 Old 21st May 2011 at 9:15 PM
*installs AwesomeMod*
*presses ctrl+shift+c*
destroyallhumans true

<.< What?

...Seriously, though, it looks like a good neighborhood. Never read/watched Twilight so I have no way of knowing if it's a decent replication, but, from a Sims 3 standpoint, it looks pretty good!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 9:40 PM
I just installed it, great work, I like how expansive it is.

Now all I need are 67 households to put into it, oh boy.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 9:12 AM
I was at Forks two weeks ago. The subway at the gas station is weird. The town was a bit more modern and spread out along the highway than I'd expected, but everything did close by 9. Personally I don't know why a teenager would drive to Port Angeles when Seattle really isn't that much farther away. I also find it odd that there is not a single mention of the Olympic Range or Cascades in the book. If you're going to use a real-life town, why leave that out? It just makes me even more frustrated with the descriptions, that area is so beautiful and she makes it sound like any other coastal area.
Rialto Beach is gorgeous, didn't visit La Push, so I can't say if they look the same or not. Those little islands around where the river comes out are really pretty too.

Anyway, good job though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 4:52 PM
Files 6, 7, 8 and 9 don't seem to be downloading at all for me. could you double check the files.

thanks.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ebil_skittles
Files 6, 7, 8 and 9 don't seem to be downloading at all for me. could you double check the files.

thanks.

They all worked for me, eventually. I just retried downloading them until they all downloaded.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#43 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 5:46 AM
The files all worked perfectly for me as well.

Anyway -- I'd just like to say, wow! I'm not even going for Twilight themed gameplay, but I was desperate for a community that wasn't an island and possessed atmosphere! This 'hood is freaking fantastic! It feels just perfect to play. And the lots are beautiful! Any one of them could be uploaded here on their own. 110% quality.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 8:09 PM
Wow this looks fantastic! Can't wait to start playing in it! x]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 1:32 PM
It's beautiful but too big :-(
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 5:56 PM
I have a problem ! Some careers don't work. The sims can't go 2 there jobs ! Please help me !! Srry 4 my English
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 7:49 PM
What jobs are not working? I did find that in any of my testing.
Test Subject
#48 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 10:46 PM
When I try to create a new game with this world, the game crashes to desktop without an error message. Can anyone help? I've simply downloaded the files, unrar'd all of them and clicked the .sims3package file.
Test Subject
#49 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 12:08 AM
when i tried installing it in game launcher an error meesage came up saying "it looks like you have tried to installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of the sims 3"...... HELP!!!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 7:02 PM
Wolfman217 - Do you have all the expansions listed? What is your game version?

D422 - Its a large world -- is this the only world you have problems with? I am wondering if your computer has spec to support the world.
Page 2 of 4