Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 2:01 PM
Default Tutorial: Sims 3 XML Tuning Modding
Tutorial Link

This tutorial may be found here: Sims 3 XML Tuning Modding

Questions?

If you have questions relating to this tutorial, please post them in this thread. I or another modder will do what we can to help with any questions.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
10 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 7:07 PM
Where do I find how to change the moodlets?
Great tutorial, it helped me quite a bit!

So here's my problem:
I have been trying to change the outcoming moodlet for a certain action, eg: Sim drinks juice from the bar but instead of getting the "Sugar Rush" moodlet I want him to get the "Nausious" moodlet. I am thought not sure how to do that. It seems that there is one or more files that control what moodlet goes to what action but I can't find it.

Does anyone else know where to look?
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 8:40 AM
i'm unable to download the S3PE because in the download page there is actually no download button

I'm the GOD so take a bow
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 9:07 AM
Sourceforge may be being stupid again at the moment...

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 1:37 PM
Gameplaydata.package isnt showing up in S3PE when I try to open it.
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 11:31 PM Last edited by Delphy : 2nd Jul 2009 at 12:12 AM. Reason: This is not your personal ad space.
This helped loads!
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 8:34 PM
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.
If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error
and attempt to continue.
If you click Quit, the appplication will close immediatley

Access to path 'C:\Program Files\Electronis Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Gameplay\GamplayData.Package' is denied."

And then under " Details " I get this:

"See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Gameplay\GameplayData.package' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
at s3pi.Package.Package.OpenPackage(Int32 APIversion, String PackagePath)
at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.MainForm_PackageFilenameChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.OnPackageFilenameChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.set_Filename(String value)
at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.menuBarWidget1_MRUClick(Object sender, MRUClickEventArgs filename)
at S3PIDemoFE.MenuBarWidget.OnMRUClick(Object sender, Int32 i)
at S3PIDemoFE.MenuBarWidget.tsMRU_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
---------------------------------------- S3PE Assembly Version: 906.30.16.27753
Win32 Version: 906.30.16.27753
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pe.exe
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
s3pi.Interfaces
Assembly Version: 906.30.14.23845
Win32 Version: 906.30.14.23845
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.Interfaces.DLL
vusnhnlz
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
s3pi.Package
Assembly Version: 906.30.14.23848
Win32 Version: 906.30.14.23848
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.Package.DLL
s3pi.Settings
Assembly Version: 906.30.14.23845
Win32 Version: 906.30.14.23845
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/s3pe/s3pi.Settings.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box. "

That's what it says....What do I do?
It happens whenever I try to open GamplayData.Package in S3PE.
I just don't get it.
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 1:15 AM
S3PE support questions should probably be posted over at http://www.simlogical.com/Sims3Tool....php?board=19.0, after you've scanned the other threads there first of course
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 3:36 AM
Thank you Srikandi, you saved me :D
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 5:03 AM
If I click File-Save instead of File-Save as..., will I be saving over the original game file?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 5:57 PM
Yes, Wol.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
#12 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 3:16 AM
In the editing part of the tutorial it says that you can make it so you just have tags. Does that make it so it conflicts with less mods? Is there a tutorial on how to make it just tags or can someone tell me how? I'd like to know. Thanks.
Instructor
#13 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 10:42 AM
Hey everybody i want to ask about how to add new interactions in main pie menu (the menu with .friendly../romantic.../mean...etc..)
because the tutorial didn't help me so much in this sorry , do any one knows how to add new interactions to the main pie menu please help! am waiting!
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
#14 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:07 PM
I believe that pie menus are part of the core part of the game and not the gameplay package so you can't do anything using this tutorial.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 12:16 AM
When I try to open the gameplay package, I just get an error message, saying the specified path is denied.

This will happen occasionally when I try to install mods to The Sims 3 with Delphy's Helper Monkey, but the problem is always resolved by installing the mod manually, instead; however, I have no clue how to get around this issue when opening .package files in a program.

(I'm running Vista, if that matters at all).
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 3:42 PM
What does "Time value="1" addRoute="True" " mean?
What is "1"?
What is "True"?
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:21 PM
I would really appreciate some help. Only thing I'm after is slowing in-game clock speed, while keeping normal animation speeds, so all actions will take less in-game time. So far i couldnt find parameter responsible for it. Its an absurd that to walk few steps takes 1 minute, as with most other things. unplayable for my taste
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ashleigh825
When I try to open the gameplay package, I just get an error message, saying the specified path is denied.

This will happen occasionally when I try to install mods to The Sims 3 with Delphy's Helper Monkey, but the problem is always resolved by installing the mod manually, instead; however, I have no clue how to get around this issue when opening .package files in a program.

I'm running Vista as well and I got this problem. My way of fixing? Un-installing and re-installing in Program files.
Test Subject
#19 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 6:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keram
What does "Time value="1" addRoute="True" " mean?
What is "1"?
What is "True"?

Hi there, i believe I know where you saw this, just a guess, you where trying to see the upgrade times and change them?

If i am right i think "Time value="1" means that it can get the value from other place, addroute="True" means that it allows the sim to plan a route to the place to start the action.

Now if i was right about the upgrade i found out that in reality the upgrade time is associated with the object in question, not with the action.
For example try to filter the resource type to 0x0333406C and find the showers and look at the code.

Now, i got a problem i Copied the TGI's and got a big list ( the attachment, sorry 4 the name was uninspired) now my question is, what do i do with this, must i export one by one or having the said list i can do like a "find only these items"
Attached files:
File Type: txt  XML Hacking.txt (2.5 KB, 170 downloads)
Description: Hexadecimal combinations for items to change upgrade time.
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ashleigh825

You just have to 'Run as Administrator'
Considering the Gameplay package is in the Program Files, and you need administrator permission to do so.

Just wanted to note that so people know. I had the problem with Vista too.
Test Subject
#21 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 12:55 AM
I tried to open the gameplay file, but it came up with this message:

Could not open package:
C: \ Program Files \ Electronic Arts \ The Sims 3 \ Game \ Bin \ Gameplay \ GameplayData.package

Access to the path 'C: \ Program Files \ Electronic Arts \ The Sims 3 \ Game \ Bin \ Gameplay \ GameplayData.package' was denied.
----
Stack trace:
by System.IO.__Error.WinIOError (Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

by System.IO.FileStream.Init (String path, File Mode Mode, File Access access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, File Share share, Int32 Buffer Size, File option option, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, msgPath String, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream .. ctor (String path, File Mode Fashion, Access File Access, File Share share)

by s3pi.Package.Package.OpenPackage (Int32 APIversion, PackagePath String, Boolean readwrite)

by S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.MainForm_PackageFilenameChanged (Object sender, EventArgs e)

What can i do then? I'm running vista btw
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 1:31 AM
Default No Running
I wanted my Sims to walk more instead of running at short distances, e.g. in their house. I searched and found, but my changes don't have any effect at all, the Sims still run at the smallest distances.

I extracted the xml, altered the values and saved it to a package, which is placed correctly (/Mods/Packages)).

S3_0333406C_00000000_E360EF92B8233FCA

DEFAULT CODE:
<kWalkStyleAdultDistanceThresholds value="10, 18, -1, 999999999">
<!--Description: The maximum distance in meters for Adults to which each individual basic walk style is used from slowest walk to fastest walk. The walk styles are: (1) Walk, (2) FastWalk, (3) Fast Jog, (4) Run. Note that only three values are specified; no value is specified for Run since it is used for any route farther than a Fast Jog. The max distances can be debug drawn using the cheat command 'showwalkdist' (Black = Walk, Blue = FastWalk, Green = Fast Jog.-->
</kWalkStyleAdultDistanceThresholds>

ALTERED CODE:
<kWalkStyleAdultDistanceThresholds value="1000, 1800, -1, 999999999">
<!--Description: The maximum distance in meters for Adults to which each individual basic walk style is used from slowest walk to fastest walk. The walk styles are: (1) Walk, (2) FastWalk, (3) Fast Jog, (4) Run. Note that only three values are specified; no value is specified for Run since it is used for any route farther than a Fast Jog. The max distances can be debug drawn using the cheat command 'showwalkdist' (Black = Walk, Blue = FastWalk, Green = Fast Jog.-->
</kWalkStyleAdultDistanceThresholds>

I also tried "value="1000, 1800, 2000, 999999999">", "value="10, -1, -1, -1">", ... and more combinations, but nothing changes anything.

Thanks for any help in advance, kfeekanne
Mad Poster
#23 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kfeekanne
I wanted my Sims to walk more instead of running at short distances, e.g. in their house. I searched and found, but my changes don't have any effect at all, the Sims still run at the smallest distances.

I suggest changing the values on your Adults to exactly the same values as the ones on Elders, just to test it out, to see if it works. These may not be the values you want permanently, but they should work on adults so you can check to see if it's moddable.

Often there is a range of values which is valid, you've probably seen this in other XMLs. Possibly your 1000 or 1800 values aren't valid numbers, they simply haven't stated what the valid range is in the description.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 4:39 PM Last edited by Anaria : 29th Nov 2009 at 5:33 PM.
Hi

Can I change the number of sims that can live in one household with this? If yes, how?

Thanks
Mad Poster
#25 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anaria
Hi
Can I change the number of sims that can live in one household with this? If yes, how?
Thanks

No, you can't do it with XML. Supposedly the NRaas Super Computer will do this now, but I haven't tried this function on it.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Page 1 of 8