Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Grothfort Castle

by The Builder Posted 30th Jul 2011 at 6:10 PM

96 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 69 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 3:30 PM
I go looking for a lot that can fit a decent-sized family and I find this...

It's just gorgeous!! Thank you so much for creating and sharing it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 2:29 PM
I have one word: Wow!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 8:58 PM
A great and extraordinary work of architecture! My most sincere congratulations. This is incredible!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 7:49 PM
WOWOWOWOWOWOW. How have I only just found this castle!? It's gorgeous! I can imagine it being extremely good for my 'Rich Girl' weddings where 'Daddy pays' as well! :') Thank You! I love all of your work!
Test Subject
#55 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 5:28 PM
OMFG! It's... o____o perfectly! Such a good one! Amazing! I have no other words for describing my fascination <3 Great job, 5 stars!!!
Test Subject
#56 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 9:50 AM
Has anyone experienced bad lag? I worry because my computer is about 4 years old, but this is beautiful!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 6:06 AM
I know I'm pretty late on even finding this place on MTS. But when I saw it, I stopped in my tracks!

This was one of the most beautiful houses ever built in real life let alone a GAME! This should seriously be your real-life profession, because I am STUNNED!

Thank You so much for putting in the effort, and not half-doing the whole project.

I am truly grateful!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 9:12 PM
Looks amazing, LOVE IT! But one thing that bugs me is that it is just soo big... I feel like I could never really make a family there, but then again it is so amazing I don't care downloading!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 7:57 PM
"It's good to be the King" Awesome job Builder!! never seen anything like it in the years that I have been testing Sims2, and Sims 3.. Now only if you can fit that many sims into that place..lol. Nice job man.
Test Subject
#60 Old 20th May 2012 at 7:41 AM
Why do I not have world adventures for this? WHYYYYYY? I want this so bad this is gorgeous. Just gorgeous I tell you!! You did a great job on this. And I can't believe there's no CC!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 8:10 AM
It's exactly what I was looking for =D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 3:47 PM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 8:56 PM Last edited by Kit : 10th Oct 2012 at 8:39 AM.
Awesome work! This is one of the best houses I've ever seen! Now I just need to get WA.......
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 4:34 AM
holy CRAP!!!!!!!!

you're good. just.

wow.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 10:07 PM
Is there a way for it to be put on the exchange? I can't download rar files. I don't have mods or files in specific order like a lot of seasoned players. And also this is the most badass castles that I've ever seen made for the sims.
Test Subject
#66 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The Builder
That is the best comment I've gotten this far on MTS! For a builder it's really interesting to hear about how people actually treat the lot in play. Do they refurnish everything? Expand the house? Repaint?

I'm also glad you noticed the use of level skip. It actually makes a huge difference removing a quite disturbing 1/4-floor level, only added for exterior's sake. (still really important for the design)

Thanks!

About that... I'm having trouble modifying anything exteriors on the castle. I can't repaint or rebuild it in any way without the "homeowner association" telling me I'm not allowd. Is that the way you made it or am I doing something wrong?

I was so impressed with the castle you built and foremost it was exactly what I had in mind for the "Snached by the Fae" challenge that I have planned on starting. The only thing being the I want to make it look a bit diffren. I was thinking of building a tower-like place for the human hostege and I want the castle to be blueish silver.

I would never uplode the remodeld castle as my own. Is there a way to make this dream come true?

Best regards, and the utmost respect
Test Subject
#67 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Weatherlaitec
About that... I'm having trouble modifying anything exteriors on the castle. I can't repaint or rebuild it in any way without the "homeowner association" telling me I'm not allowd. Is that the way you made it or am I doing something wrong?

I was so impressed with the castle you built and foremost it was exactly what I had in mind for the "Snached by the Fae" challenge that I have planned on starting. The only thing being the I want to make it look a bit diffren. I was thinking of building a tower-like place for the human hostege and I want the castle to be blueish silver.

I would never uplode the remodeld castle as my own. Is there a way to make this dream come true?

Best regards, and the utmost respect

You need to disable the lot locking its a cheat. I am just returning to the sims and am redownloading a select amount of lots with THIS being the main focus.
Field Researcher
#68 Old 15th May 2013 at 6:46 PM
All I can say is WOW!!
This castle is huge! I would think it would take a sim all day to get from one end of the castle to the other (but then again, maybe not). I love it! I don't usually download huge homes, simply because there is just too much of everything, especially space. I enjoy small to medium houses best.

However, I'm going to make an exception in this case because it is so well done! When I get an extemely wealthy sim who wants a vacation home, I'll place this lot. I think it'll fit really well in the new medieval world that ea is putting out the end of this month. :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 27th May 2013 at 10:19 PM
Exceptional and gorgeous house. Often builders of large estates do not focus on ensuring enough depth and variety in the external facade of the building but you clearly have mastered it. Well done and goes great in the France Vacation World of WA too I might add!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#70 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 6:08 AM
I like this one due to how it looks and there being zero CC needed. :)
Test Subject
#71 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 2:46 AM
I'm just posting this because I really like this lot, the Skip Level Marker in my game somehow turned the lot into an apartment lot from a residential lot over and over again, and only by searching through other forums and threads did I find out that the marker was actually doing that. Has this happened to anyone else by chance?
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blacknwhites
I'm just posting this because I really like this lot, the Skip Level Marker in my game somehow turned the lot into an apartment lot from a residential lot over and over again, and only by searching through other forums and threads did I find out that the marker was actually doing that. Has this happened to anyone else by chance?

Yes and no. The game acts as if it's an apartment lot but (at least in my game) if you check it in Edit Town it's a regular residential lot. Removing the marker doesn't fix the issue nor does unlocking the lot since it's not locked to begin with. Infuriating, isn't it?

Such a shame because it's a beautiful lot.

We can't all be ninjas but it doesn't take much to be a pirate.
THANKS POST
#73 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 11:01 PM
Beautiful work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 9:36 PM
Just WOW!!!!! Awesome castle... Best one I have seen so far :) Thank You for building it!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 12:29 AM
thank you
Page 3 of 4