Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 4:41 AM
Default Rachel's awesome Sims 2 Majors turned into Sims 3 careers
Hello! I was on Around The Sims' website and I noticed that they mentioned a mod that linked Sims 2 majors to Sims 3 careers by someone named Rachel. There's a Mediafire link to it but I can't find any information on it. Does anyone know anything about it? Thank you!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 10:11 AM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 8th Sep 2021 at 2:41 PM.
Exactly as nitromon said. I believe these are just additional careers and I assume @ATS Sandy has incorporated them into a more complex scheme for her game by using some of missyhissy's careers along with the ones from Rachel.
Most careers are 48 credits to earn a degree but she is adding additional "years" to complete. She also states that "she" is the one altering the careers not the game.
So not sure how she accomplishes this but there is a mod that adds or subtracts to the amount of credits needed to earn a degree. https://modthesims.info/d/500507/fe...6-flavours.html
Unsure if the mod still works which is also stated by the creator.

Edit for question - After looking at all the custom career stuff I've become a bit confused. There is Zerbu's Ultimate Career mod and Nraas Career mod (also found a couple different versions of Zerbu's - 4.3.1 and 4.3.3). Not to mention the updated mod - https://modthesims.info/d/657354/ze...d-23-08-21.html
Which of these are used with the custom careers these days? I'm confused
Instructor
#4 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 3:10 AM
To load custom careers you need NRass Career mod, Zerbu's makes you able to have the workplaces "open" instead of in the rabbitholes, the new one here on MTS is an updated version of Zerbu's.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 4:11 PM
It's indeed my friend Rachel who had remade the Sims 2 majors as Sims 3 custom careers; I'm going to check with her how they can be shared, if you're interested in.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 7:28 PM
Rachel has still a valid link to download her majors, you can get them here
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ATS Sandy
It's indeed my friend Rachel who had remade the Sims 2 majors as Sims 3 custom careers; I'm going to check with her how they can be shared, if you're interested in.

Thank you so much! It looks very interesting and helpful! I love The Sims 3 but I wish there was more college mods for it (I think I've read that it's pretty impossible compared to The Sim 4?) but this is pretty much everything I could ask for, even linking to custom careers! Does she have a page for it with more information/warnings? Does it replace existing majors or just expand them? Is it for the college world or the home world too?
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 10:38 AM
Hi, I'm the Rachel who made the careers! I'm just popping in here because I think there's a bit of confusion about them.

This was a university system that I thought up a long time before the University Life expansion was released (I think I made them shortly after Ambitions came out so that will tell you how old they are!) so the two things have absolutely nothing to do with each other. These are not custom majors. They are just the Sims 2 majors as custom careers and how you choose to use them as a substitute for the existing university system is entirely up to you and your imagination. Personally, I stopped using them once the actual University Life pack was released so I'm a little foggy on the finer details (in my defense, that pack was released in 2013!)

I did update them at some stage to add skill metrics from later expansions and to tie them to the university rabbitholes instead of the school rabbithole but that's about it.

So just to reiterate and get everyone's expectations nice and low: these are simply custom careers masquerading as majors that I used to simulate a university in my town a couple of years before the expansion was released. They offer no special features or bonuses and rely very heavily on imagination and your own ideas.

I encourage you to read anything Sandy has written about them on her website as she always has terrific ideas for gameplay!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoocheySims
Hi, I'm the Rachel who made the careers! I'm just popping in here because I think there's a bit of confusion about them.

This was a university system that I thought up a long time before the University Life expansion was released (I think I made them shortly after Ambitions came out so that will tell you how old they are!) so the two things have absolutely nothing to do with each other. These are not custom majors. They are just the Sims 2 majors as custom careers and how you choose to use them as a substitute for the existing university system is entirely up to you and your imagination. Personally, I stopped using them once the actual University Life pack was released so I'm a little foggy on the finer details (in my defense, that pack was released in 2013!)

I did update them at some stage to add skill metrics from later expansions and to tie them to the university rabbitholes instead of the school rabbithole but that's about it.

So just to reiterate and get everyone's expectations nice and low: these are simply custom careers masquerading as majors that I used to simulate a university in my town a couple of years before the expansion was released. They offer no special features or bonuses and rely very heavily on imagination and your own ideas.

I encourage you to read anything Sandy has written about them on her website as she always has terrific ideas for gameplay!

Thank you so much! I look forward to using it!