Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 1:28 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Seasons
Default stuck with a filthy food processor...
Not sure what's going on here... mom was, I believe, in the act of making omelets or something, but as a result of oversleeping, had to rush off to work before she could finish, leaving the Cuisinart full of uncooked glop. When she got home, it was green and fly-ridden. I can't delete the appliance, because... there's something in it. Neither she nor any other household members will "continue cooking", which is the only option that comes up in the pie menu... the action instantly vanishes from the queue. I tried re-entering the lot in testing cheat mode, but clicking "force error" does nothing. I considered plopping it into someone's inventory and dumping it at a community lot (I have a junkyard full of nasty things in my hood), but that didn't work, either. Currently I have it - and the counter it's placed on - stashed at the edge of the property, to minimize the effects of what I'm assuming will turn into a cockroach infestation. I've engaged a maid, but somehow I don't think that will fix anything. What to do? Is this a job for the BatBox?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 1:35 AM
My preferred method of getting rid of stuck objects like this is to either use Moveobjects directly on the item, or (if that doesn't work), place it on a table/counter with Moveobjects, and then delete the table/counter with the item on. Just grab the counter and drag both items together into the "delete" area.

Usually that works, at least with things like stuck plates and such.

Don't put it in a sim's inventory. Could become a bigger issue there.

Batbox could help if this doesn't work.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 2:12 AM
When move objects doesn’t work, I go for a bit of cc called the stuck object remover or burninator . I don’t remember who made it and am not in position to check, but it works on everything. Place it on top of the stack item, using move objects if necessary, return to live mode, and everything in that space is destroyed.
Stuck item. I mean stuck item not stack item. Argh. If there’s a way to fix an error without backspacing over everything since the error on this phone keyboard, I haven’t found it yet.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 7:27 AM
I almost always have MoveObjects turned on, just because it makes life easier, but perhaps I didn't in this case. I'll try that, and the burninator sounds fascinating. So many possiblities, heh heh heh. Thanks people.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 10:57 AM
Stuck object remover is by FFS (Pescado, MATY).
Chose latest Ep>Hacks> stuckobjremover.zip
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/
Forum Resident
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 3:03 AM
In addition to the stuck object remover, you should also put macspork.package, also made by Pescado, in your Downloads folder. This enables the "Reset" button to actually do something when you click it. Saves having to rebuy stuck objects as often.

Here's the link, and macspork will immediately download if you click the link: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/spec/macspork.package
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 6:42 PM
Oh wow @SIMposiast I totally forgot that file existed!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 11:17 PM
No worries, simsample! Only Mac simmers need it, as far as I know.