Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 5:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Cannot place certain Maxis BG furniture despite enough $$ - why does this happen?
For example, when I click on Cheap Eazzzzze or Floral Fantasy Sofa, there does not appear an object to place. Has anyone here also experienced this and what was the fix for you?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 7:01 PM
If you use CC, there could be GUID conflicts (or similar) that stop these objects from working properly (can influence EAxis items if the original GUIDs haven't been changed - the item tries to overwrite the original and often doesn't quite work as it should). That's often the cause if the item doesn't move out of the catalog or doesn't want to place, or causes errors.

Does the same thing happen on unowned lots? If it does, that would answer whether the money question has anything to say.

Have you checked if temporarily removing CC makes the issue go away?
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 8:51 PM
I yet have to try this on uninhabited lots as well.
Do you have experience with setting up SiMidge to track object/mod conflicts?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 11:53 PM
Sounds like a GUID conflict with a CC item. Someone made an item and it shares the GUID with whatever maxis item you can't place. You need to find the CC items then either remove them or fix the GUID issue.
Make a backup and start testing your CC in a 50/50 search.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 6:04 PM Last edited by Softlism : 12th Oct 2021 at 10:19 PM.
@simmer22: I've found this tutorial myself and followed the steps: https://simswiki.info/wiki.php?titl...:GUID_Conflicts

Disabling those conflicted files didn't help me tracking down the conflicted sofas and beds...

UPDATE: ...but I managed to manually move out the potential culprits (I picked some very old CCs).

What's the easiest way to modify their GUIDs in SimPE?