Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2022 at 9:09 PM Last edited by KhaoticWolf : 22nd Feb 2022 at 10:53 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Projects Folder
Hey everyone. I have a quick question. I was recoloring some CC in bodyshop and imported it into my game, but I want to clear out my projects folder. Do I move my new cc package files to my downloads folder so that the game can continue to recognize them, or do they have to stay permanently in my projects folder? I can't find any clear answers on this topic. Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2022 at 10:13 PM
The package files which are in your Projects folders are not game usable and should not be shared or moved to the Downloads folder. The finished package files that are created when you Import your project from Bodyshop are automatically placed in the Saved Sims folder and it is those package files the game uses. I usually move the Saved Sims created finished projects into my Downloads folder hierarchy.

Once you've imported your creations into the game from BodyShop, there is no reason to keep projects in the Projects folder. Now I typically move my Projects folders to separate folders outside the game (Imported Projects, Finished Projects, etc) in case in the future I want to refer to them again - such as copy textures or just look at the mapping that I did.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2022 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
The package files which are in your Projects folders are not game usable and should not be shared or moved to the Downloads folder. The finished package files that are created when you Import your project from Bodyshop are automatically placed in the Saved Sims folder and it is those package files the game uses. I usually move the Saved Sims created finished projects into my Downloads folder hierarchy.

Once you've imported your creations into the game from BodyShop, there is no reason to keep projects in the Projects folder. Now I typically move my Projects folders to separate folders outside the game (Imported Projects, Finished Projects, etc) in case in the future I want to refer to them again - such as copy textures or just look at the mapping that I did.

I understand. So if I'm moving the finished package files to my downloads folder, it should be from the Saved Sims folder. Any completed files in Projects can be deleted or moved in the case things need to be edited. Did I get that right? Also can those .txtover files be deleted? And thank you so much for your help.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2022 at 10:50 PM
Yep, pretty much. Unless you've saved layered files (like PSDs or anything like that) in with the various projects and you want to keep those for later projects, everything else is OK to remove.

All the "sknprj/mshovr" type files are placeholders for the list of projects. If you delete these but not the folder it belongs to (or opposite), the next time you click on the folder it belongs to (in Bodyshop), those files will usually be deleted. If you want to delete spesific projects, could be useful to know that txtovr=makeup, sknprj=clothes and skin, mshovr=accessories. Usually they'll correspond to the same date the folder or files in them were last edited.

(You can reuse projects, handy if you're making several recolors of the same item. You can change the textures, import to game, and reimport the project, then continue working. Saves quite a bit on the resources - especially when you're making hairs, since a single hair folder usually takes up at least 30-40 MB - bmp files are huge).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2022 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Yep, pretty much. Unless you've saved layered files (like PSDs or anything like that) in with the various projects and you want to keep those for later projects, everything else is OK to remove.

All the "sknprj/mshovr" type files are placeholders for the list of projects. If you delete these but not the folder it belongs to (or opposite), the next time you click on the folder it belongs to (in Bodyshop), those files will usually be deleted. If you want to delete spesific projects, could be useful to know that txtovr=makeup, sknprj=clothes and skin, mshovr=accessories. Usually they'll correspond to the same date the folder or files in them were last edited.

(You can reuse projects, handy if you're making several recolors of the same item. You can change the textures, import to game, and reimport the project, then continue working. Saves quite a bit on the resources - especially when you're making hairs, since a single hair folder usually takes up at least 30-40 MB - bmp files are huge).

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!