Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 4:26 PM Last edited by arizonakarenina : 14th Sep 2022 at 3:44 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can Pregnant Sims Move Into a New House?
I know this seems like a basic question, but having searched online, all I can find is information on moving a family into the bin and the posts are from 2005, and don't address if it affects the sim's pregnancy.

Basically my favorite family is about to expand and needs a bigger house, and I'd like to move them instead of destroying their home and having to build a new one on the same lot. If one of the sims in the family is pregnant, can I safely move that family to the bin and subsequently a new home without it affecting the pregnancy? Thank you!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 7:18 PM
Yes. I do that sort of thing all the time.

The only difficulties that arise with moving pregnant sims arise from merging households. If you decide to move a pregnant sim back in with her birth family, for instance, the game counts the baby when it's calculating whether the merger will work, so if she's carrying twins, or if someone in the household she's going to is pregnant, you may miscount, the total may rise too high and the merger will be refused. This happens when moving from the family bin even with a bigger household mod, but in that case it can be bypassed by moving her onto an empty lot with a telephone and having the family she's to be merged with invite her over and propose a move-in.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Sep 2022 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Yes. I do that sort of thing all the time.

The only difficulties that arise with moving pregnant sims arise from merging households. If you decide to move a pregnant sim back in with her birth family, for instance, the game counts the baby when it's calculating whether the merger will work, so if she's carrying twins, or if someone in the household she's going to is pregnant, you may miscount, the total may rise too high and the merger will be refused. This happens when moving from the family bin even with a bigger household mod, but in that case it can be bypassed by moving her onto an empty lot with a telephone and having the family she's to be merged with invite her over and propose a move-in.

Thank you so much! I hadn't been able to find a clear answer on this, it's very much appreciated!