Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 2:49 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default .bak to .package doesn't show up?
Hi all, so I have some .bak files I changed to .package of hair using bulk rename utility. I've not done this before in any capacity (didn't need to), but when I go into BodyShop, the recolors are not there. Google search proved that all I needed to do was update the extension and when I open the package files in SimPE everything is there. Is there something I should have done differently? Thank you!

My eyes are just a little sweaty today.
They've been looking around a lot, searching for you,
They've been looking for you,
Even though I told them not to.

I'm Not Crying -- Flight of the Conchords
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 6:02 PM
Depends on the files and where they came from.

.bak files are supposed to be a form of backup files, often to Package files, but they could be for something else. If they were recolor files, there's also a chance they're Bodyshop Project Package files, which aren't going to show up ingame (project Package files are template files).

Does the file have a Binary resource and a Catalog/text resource? If not, it's most likely a Project file. (If you're unsure, take a picture seen from SimPE or upload one of the files).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 5:09 PM
Hello, no, I had combined the recolors to one file using the hair binning tool and it generated back ups.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 6:40 PM
Are you sure the files are registering as package files?

If you've previously tested the changed files, make sure you don't have both sets of files in your Downloads folder (the changed "bak" files and the binned files). The game will only read one of them, so whichever is read last is the one that shows up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 6:57 PM
I only had the updated .bak (changed to .package) in my game. When I opened them, they looked fine in SimPE