Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 8:52 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 8:55 PM.
Default Overcome with stupidity
if you're not a fan of the unpredictability of ACR or the impossibility of raising more than one toddler at a time, this isnt your challenge. Definately not

The human race has been struck with the most dibilitating of al diseases, stupidity. There are few fertile adults left and your alien species is worrie they will go extinct. You and your sibling/friend/spouse/whatever have been beamed down from your home planet to earth to closely monitor a group of six humans who have been inflicted with the disease. Each time one of these humans have a baby, you will take it and raise it yourself. Stupidity is hereditary, so it is your job to cure these kids before it is too late.

Setup- create a family of 8, three men, three women, and two aliens. (the aliens dont really have to have green skin if you dont want) the aliens can have a pre-existing relationship, but the human cannot. They can be any aspiration you like, but i suggest romance for the men and family for the women. I also suggest they all have the same turn ons and they all posess hose things (ex, all my women like beards, all my men like makeup. all the man have beards, all the women have makeup)

Their house should really be two houses in one. one side for the six people, and one for the aliens.
the aliens side should be fully equipped for child-rearing, while the other side should have nothing child related at all.
there can be no single beds on the human side, just three double beds.
there should be only one door connecting the sides, and it has to stay locked all the time

you will NEED acr and a more-than-8-on-a-lot hack. you will WANt a no-social-worker hack

Challenge

the beginning may get boring. you can maxmotives all you want until the first child is concieved, but after that no cheating.

basically you need to wait until the humans pair off on their own accord (they might want to check sim out first, i feel like its necissary, but i dont know) and concieve babies. You can control the aliens as much as you want. you can only control the humans to go here, wake up, and eat (or prepare food)

when the baby is born, temporarily unlock the door, have somebody carry the baby into th alien house and lock it again. you cant move babies with moveobjects on because they will glitch. From then on the aliens must raise the baby to have as many toddler skills/skill points/ good grades as possible.

other rules-

you can hire a maid, or any other services, EXCEPT the nanny. i like to refer to my aliens as nannies anyways

the aliens can have their own kids, but i dont know if thats gonna benefit anybody

you should play with aging off. still age the kids though, just mentally (or on paper) keeep track of how old they are. otherwise the parents will become elders too quickly.

the challenge ends when all the parents of one gender die, and you cannot produce any more kids

i have been testing this, it took 8 days for the first kid to be born, but after that the women have all been constantly pregnant. right now there are 5 kids and 2 on the way. one of the men died, but his fionce was able to plead with grimmy and save him.
Screenshots

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 9:06 AM
Cool challenge , Ive got a few questions.

How do you get the sims to "try for baby" themselfs ? And why do you need ACR ? Can I spawn the babies if there is to many people in the lot already ? Can you use money cheats just for the house building and buying ?

Thx 4 listening
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 9:15 AM
ACR is what allows sims to have babies on their own. By default, woohoo/try for baby are never autonomous actions; ACR makes it so sims can pursue relationships/families all on their own.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
ACR is what allows sims to have babies on their own. By default, woohoo/try for baby are never autonomous actions; ACR makes it so sims can pursue relationships/families all on their own.

Thanks . I think ill give this a go . Can you tell me how to post pictures? ill try to figure out
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 11:36 AM Last edited by amyandmia : 4th Dec 2010 at 2:53 PM.
oh, did i forget that? yeah, you an use money cheats to build the house (you're gonna have to, since its 2 houses in one)

once you have ACR you might want to set automonity to high. Try for baby to 'allowed unmarried' and then change risky woohoo odds to something higher than they already are (well, if you want tons of kids)

Edit- um.. i know im supposed to make the rules, but im stumped. one of my humans died, except i didnt see it happen (the camera didnt zoom to it) and NOBODY, not even her fionce, has a memory of it. On the family tree she's dead but there's no gravestone.. So what should i do?

post pictures by going to attatchments and clicking image upload (scroll down) then go to documents/ea games/sims 2/neighborhoods/whicheverhoodtheyrein/storytelling and pick the pictures (sorry if you already knew that last part)

re-edit- i put in a new rachel. because their whole lot was glitching, so i moved them into a new one,
Screenshots

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Scholar
#6 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 10:21 PM Last edited by A.G.Doren : 14th Dec 2010 at 10:57 PM.
Sounds like fun, I'll start this tonight maybe. I will be doing some things differently since the point is to raise kids:

-I'll be helping the adults pair up as quickly as possible, possibly playing with aging off until the first child is born. Afterwards though I'll let time pass normally with ACR lots of babies will be born.
-I'll also use the triplets and quads hack to make things a little mroe interesting here
-the adult humans will assigned jobs so that they are not on the lot all the time,game play slows down with lots of people on the lot
-I'll be scoring for all the kids achievements, one point a piece
-I'll also put them in private school
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 10:21 PM Last edited by amyandmia : 16th Dec 2010 at 11:00 PM.
i considered private school, scoring achievements, and aging off for a while. Private school was too difficult, but i ended up playing with aging off (for the whole thing, then aging the kids manually) and counting achievements.

right now i have 4 kids, 1 toddler, and 1 baby. each kid has every toddler skill and can study. The studying was HARD. im so glad the two oldest kids are becoming teens soon so they can help with the others.

i keep my kids info in this chart, the numbers are the days left in their ages. im looking at a quadruple birthday soon....

Scholar
#8 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 1:44 AM
Amyandmia-

I decided to run it a little differently. I'm actually playing more to the spirit of what I think the challenge is. I'm playing my aliens as knowledge sims and developing them as scientist to educate their charges for their reintroduction into a normal human habitat.So besides skills and education they are also required to have a job, get perhaps 4 promotions and have 3 perhaps 4 friends and since I'm developing them more I'm setting myself greater requirements and allowing hacked objects for things that children normally can't skill for.

I'll post pictures when I start.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 12:52 PM
well ive had my quadruple birthday, and things are not going well for thse poor kids

this is everybody in the house, minus one child who was in the bathroom

Scholar
#10 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 4:22 PM
Having raised quads in an ISBI I can tell four kids is a real challenge. I would have definitely called a nanny during their toddler stage. In my ISBI I had nannies there round the clock.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 8:18 PM
well, the kids from this quadrupl birthday werent quads (thank goodnss) there were 2 kids, a toddler, and a baby who all happened to age on th same day. although the irst three kids i had in this family wer all toddlers at once and that was a nightmare (they JUST became teens)

Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 5:43 AM
what is the cheat that keeps the social worker away? and gets more family members than 8? thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 10:54 PM
to have more than 8 sims you need to download hack. i believe thr is one on this site called lotfullosims, but i could be wrong. Ther is also a hack to keep away the social worker, i dont know where it is though. If you dont have ACR you will want that too. just google 'sims 2 ACR' and you will be able to find it.

Scholar
#14 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 4:01 AM
Alright so I've started the challenge. I played my aliens for 15 sims days before assigning them their humans. Each alien is a knowledge sim. They mastered 3 skills apiece and are able to impart knowledge to others so that they may teach their charges. They also got jobs and three promotions apiece, as well as three friends; all the expeirences I deemed necessary for them to be good teachers to their human pupils.

I moved in six humans, three females and three males. I made them all romance sims, because I'm softy and I would have wanted to let the family sims take care of their own offspring. I adjusted each sim's settings to increase the likelihood of pregnancy and one the of the women is already pregnant. I had planned to post a few pictures but my screen capture program was not running. I should pictures with my next update though.
Test Subject
#15 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 5:50 PM
i wanna try. im in sims on my computer were i can play them and researching on my laptop so i cant downlode any hacks. i think all just have 1 male and three females to gowith my aliens
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 1:48 AM
or what you could do if you cant have hacks is put the humans in a different house than the aliens, play the humans for a while, then move any babies they have into the alien house using boolprop testingcheatsenabled true

as far as my family goes the youngest kid is a toddler and so far none of the women have gotten pregnant yet. im hoping it stays that way. right now there are 3 teens 3 kids and a toddler. They all have c's in school so i have to really work on that before i think about any more babies

eack kid has one skill that they have 5 or six points in, but nobody has more than that....
Screenshots

Scholar
#17 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 5:47 PM
I think that this challenge should include the use of career rewards so the children have the opportunity to learn faster.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 8:10 PM
include like being able to cheat to get them or being able to use them if you earn them?

Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 8:54 PM
i started. i got all the ladys pregnet i dont no if im aloud to control them or not but i did to speed things up because this is my first challenge and if i get board im tempted to cheat. my three girls and the alian are prego. i have quads installed though so my max is like 16 in 1 day so im kinda worried
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 3:07 AM
I created my family and went to start building a house, then realised that I had no idea how to keep each "part" of the family on each side of the house without locking the "parent" half in completely. Is that what people are doing?
Scholar
#21 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 3:05 PM
I built the half for the aliens moved them in and then built the half for the humans and moved them into their half. I put two single doors side-by-side and had each alien lock a door for themselves none of the other doors are locked. Not sure how I'll controll their when the kids are born...
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 4:42 PM Last edited by whiterider : 27th Dec 2010 at 9:29 PM. Reason: There are poor children in Africa who'd give anything to have that many smilies to waste!
Quote: Originally posted by Hwes
I created my family and went to start building a house, then realised that I had no idea how to keep each "part" of the family on each side of the house without locking the "parent" half in completely. Is that what people are doing?
i just built the house and removed my humans door i sorta abonded it though cuz i started my first ever legacy you know after they were inside
Mad Poster
#23 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 6:12 PM Last edited by grammapat : 27th Dec 2010 at 6:14 PM. Reason: addition
I love playing with ACR, Quad, and lotfullofsims hacks; thanks! I set the lot to "no jealousy", and set their gender preferrances (yes, without ACR they have to flirt a few times to set that). How is it working out for everyone to let them sort out how the "want" to pair up? In other mulit-couple households I've had all the women wanted ONE guy, and one guy fathered NO children. Seems like the more sim interacts romantically with one person, the more they continue to do that,until there is NO romantic interactions with anyone else. I have found that "turn-ons" don't really affect what they will do, but ASPERATIONS will.

I'm unclear about the GOAL: how many babies born? Why no nanny? Is the goal to see how many babies/toddlers the Aliens can handle at once? For me, WITH a buttler and sometimes ALSO 2 nannies at ONCE! 2 people can handle twin babies & twin toddlers. Why play with ageing off (effectively, just for the breeders) - especially since the challenge continues until breeders all die! Your comment "stupidity is hereditary" is (excuse me) wrong: you refer to it as a disease that can be cured.

Since these are ALIENS I would like to: tweek their personalities and skills, AND unlock all the Reward objects, PLUS CC stuff I have that allows faster teaching of the kids, AND TEENS - they should study, work, learn all sorts of things. (hay, how about making the parents lazy slobs, then the Aliens have to "incourage" to improve their personality - I have a mod that does this better.) I also have a wonderful custom computer that allows studing (Aliens would prefer to READ about working out), buying fish, and produce - again, seems to me perfect for aliens: have a teen drink eggplant & gain a skill, or strawberry-lemonaid and get happy -- too bad KIDS can't use juicer! I predict - even with ageing off, at least 30 babies produced.

PS: since the lot will get slow at about 15 people, can I send teens away? Actually, I don't like college, but prefer (in this story) to have an alien "move out" with them, and them leave them in another house (actually, just 2 rooms, a large dorm/kitchen/study area, and a bathroom) --"Continue to go to work, and attend school to keep the authorities away, even though we have taught you so much more than these common humans". Hay, I'm gettin into this.

Please answer about the GOAL, as I may be way off base here. Your names: Grass? Laundry?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 7:23 PM
oh, where to start...

to build the house i made the only door to the outside world on the aliens side, so the humans can never leave. not like they needed to anyways

my personal goal was to see how many kids the aliens could handle, but you could also play with the goal to make the kids as smart as possible. you can use whatever cheats you want to make the aliens smart, get them jobs, unlock career rewards, etc. as long as you dont use maxmotives or other need cheats

haha well my kids names are a bit eccentric because the aliens didnt know much about earth names so they named them after what they knew.

yes you can move teens away but what i think would work better is having the parents on a seperate lot. just play them every once in a while to get new kids.

and the reason for aging off is of course, more babies. believe me if you spend all your time concenrtating on the kids the parents will start to drop off like flies, and not from old age either.

Mad Poster
#25 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 11:02 PM Last edited by grammapat : 27th Dec 2010 at 11:03 PM. Reason: correction
..." the reason for aging off is of course, more babies. believe me if you spend all your time concenrtating on the kids the parents will start to drop off like flies, and not from old age either."

But the game continues till they die... so I will leave aging on and everyone on one lot; for me, keeping them alive and producing will not be hard. {I know, because I tested my own Frog contest - using these same 2 mods, and many more rules - with 6 differant couples; and I guess that's why no one is playing it --- you have to be an experienced player to handle it AT ALL!} GOAL?? So there really ISN'T one? I already know how many kids Aliens (ahem, ME) can handle, and if teens stay on the lot they are a big help with babies/toddlers.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Page 1 of 2