Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 3:49 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 5:00 PM.
Default Apartment Life Challenge
Hey Everyone. I have a new idea for a challenge around the Apartment Life EP. I normally use houses for my sims and have never really checked out the apartments in Bella Donna so I made up this challenge to change that.

http://sims2foryou.files.wordpress....jpg?w=580&h=269

As you can see by the chart there are 14 levels to complete in this challenge. Each level has an amount your sim needs to earn before they can advance to the next level. For instance level one is $5,000 simoleans. The minimum stay per level is 1 week. Move in, pay rent then when Monday comes again check how much you have earned and if your sim made the money needed to be earned and completed the life component then they can move down to the next level.

There is no restriction on what to buy for furniture. Buy cheap or extravagant doesn't matter just no cheat items. Before moving put all your furniture items into your backpack so they will carry on to the next apartment.

The goal is to work to the top in as many career fields as you can. So once your sim has made it to the top (level 10) of the current career then they quit and work on a new career. During this rise to the top being a jack or jill of all trades your sim works on his life outside of work by having a family.

The adult sims will need to drink the potion to erase days of their life to stay adult since this challenge goes over many sim lifespans. Once a sim moves in they can start working from level 1 in a career field to help towards the household funds and points. Once the baby grows into a teen they can help as well by getting a job. Remember to pick out a job that goes with the sim's life aspiration career.

Go on dates = minimum of 3 dates (figure out who will be the ONE)
Move in = you must use familyfunds to lose funds brought in by the sim who moved in.
Honeymoon Vacation = 3 days, your pick where and how much.
Go Shopping = buy 4 outfits. Can be for any category.
Get a Pet = pay for the adoption of a pet and all the necessary toys.
Maid / Butler = pay for their services
Nanny = hire to look after child while at work and date night

Each levels earnings are tallied together so level 1 needs 5k so level 2 needs 10k but already has the 5k from the first level so really only needs another 5k to make it.

Under the NPC column you will see when you need to have roommates, adopt a pet, or when to hire service workers.

At the end when you have completed level 14 by earning what is needed your sims can quit their jobs and then sell all of their household items to come up with the sum of money they have.

This is like starting at the bottom of living conditions and moving up to the nicest apartment. You know "Moving on up, to the deluxe apartment in the sky..."

POINTS SYSTEM

+ 1000 Reaching Level Ten in any career field
+ ??? The sum of money at the end of the game (ie 350,000 = 35,000 points)

There are no points for NPC / Life / Earnings since if you don't accomplish those tasks then you are eliminated and the challenge is over.

Pleasantview challenge my way.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 4:10 PM
I haven't really played a lot in the apartments either, so I might try this one.
Just a question: Are you allowed to have more than one child?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 7:03 PM
I haven't played with apartments yet either, this looks like a fun way to try them!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 7:23 PM
I have stayed clear of apartments since I find them to be costly. I usually don't allow my sims to die or transition into senior so in the long run buying a house is cheaper and nicer. But I have really been enjoying this challenge. I've realized that if you pick wisely roommates are great! I always make sure to pick one that has at least one skill point in cooking and is a neat person with not too much social since then they will always be bugging your sim to talk. Be forewarned that some of your neighbors can be party animals and if the bedroom shares a wall with them then your sims will be woken up and can't sleep till they quit. Knocking on the wall was never successful nor is knocking on their door since it causes an argument between the two. Just notice the time and work around it or move your bed to a wall that is not effected by it. It shows up with flashing circle lights on the wall to indicate the person is having a party with loud music.

I think it's best to keep it to one child just to make it the same for everyone doing the challenge but I will admit I never stick to the rules of a challenge. I don't expect you to either. It's fun to add your own creativity and ideas to it.

I haven't gone fully through this challenge yet so if anyone runs into problems or ways to improve it please do tell. Perhaps we can make the challenge even better.

Thanks for trying it out and have fun!

Pleasantview challenge my way.
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 1:48 PM
Interesting challenge!

Though if I were to try this challenge, I'd have to put some of my apartments back into BC, as I never got on with Bella's Belles Townhouses. (Too narrow, impossible to see what your sim is doing!)

Do you need to start out with a sim fresh from CAS or is there no restriction? Just wondering, as a sim that was born in-game, gone through school and, potentially University, (so you've got a bigger of pool of jobs to get) will rack up the top of the career field points like nobody's business - if you max out their skills before they transition to adult and get them friendly with lots of people.

Andy
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 1:03 AM
Haha this challenge is sooo much fun. I love it!! Currently on week 7 (I think?) In Tech Terrace. I'm not used to waiting so long before getting married though lol. I always rush it
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 4:04 PM
Sounds interesting, but I have a stupid question - I know how much my sim earns each day, and I can see what their total family worth is, but how do you know how much they have earned in total?
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SamanthaSSJ
Sounds interesting, but I have a stupid question - I know how much my sim earns each day, and I can see what their total family worth is, but how do you know how much they have earned in total?

For me to keep track, I write down their money at the beginning of the week and add whatever I have to make that week (so like, in my first week, I started with 10K and let myself move out when I got to 15k).

I'm not sure I play it right, but I basically furnish the apartment, write down that number, and then play until I've made what I have to make. (and make sure to stay for at least a week like the rule says.)
Test Subject
#9 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SamanthaSSJ

It appeared in my sim's memory when he had earned 5000 an 10 000. Not sure about the other ones, cause I've only played this far for now. But I also wrote down how much the amount per day was and added it up.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 7:19 PM
You'll get a memory at certain defined milestones; I think every $5000 increment, but the increments might get larger as the fortune increases, since most sims start earning money faster as time goes on and they get better jobs, improve their businesses, and implement perks.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)