Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 1:18 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I am looking for a tutorial to clean lots
Hello Simmers, I'm looking for a tutorial, I can't find it because my language is not English and I'm terrible in the searching , I apologize, I was editing a lot already made by a MTS colleague, and I put it to my liking, I edited walls etc. ok, there are sims living there, which when packaging it I get all the objects of the sims, I unchecked that, but when installing the lot there are things of those sims in the lot, kitchen dishes, garden plants harvested, etc. I wanted to know where to find a tutorial to clean the lot, I do not know if I explain myself, I hope there is what I ask, I always read that the lots are clean from sims etc. I want to learn how to do that, Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 2:08 AM
You shouldn't move occupied lots into the lot bin, or package them. It corrupts the neighborhood, and will also corrupt any neighborhood you move it into.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 2:38 AM
Hi @Missdabone This tutorial might tell you what you need:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....698#post5584698

Info on using the Lot Cleaner object is here:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....417#post5530417

I hope this helps!
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 8:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
You shouldn't move occupied lots into the lot bin, or package them. It corrupts the neighborhood, and will also corrupt any neighborhood you move it into.

hi, i didn't delete the sims in this house! just save the batch, and I installed it without sim, but with everything else, since I don't know how to do it.
@simsample It is very complicated, I deleted the lot and I will not do anything like that, I see it complicated, I think I explained it wrong, it is an empty lot where some sims lived .. I liked how it was and wanted to use it for another family, that was it, sorry for my english, and thanks for the links

postscript: yes I have deleted many sims, children of sims that I like, especially abductions of aliens that are very ugly, I hate when they kidnap my sims of knowledge, they even kidnapped me when I was playing challenge the asylum! ? I delete them from the family drawer, I also deleted the default ones, they are very ugly xD
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Missdabone
It is very complicated, I deleted the lot and I will not do anything like that, I see it complicated, I think I explained it wrong, it is an empty lot where some sims lived .. I liked how it was and wanted to use it for another family, that was it, sorry for my english, and thanks for the links

Your English is very good!
It is complicated, you need to use SimPE to remove some things, this method looks simpler:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....344#post4940344
I would use the Lot Cleaner and Lot Compressor as mentioned by Chris Hatch as well though, the lot cleaner deletes controllers, off world items and NPC schedule and the compressor resets the weather.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 10:58 AM
hi, i didn't delete the sims in this house! just save the batch, and I installed it without sim, but with everything else, since I don't know how to do it.

But you put them with their lot into the lot bin. That corrupts the neighborhood. If you do it the right way, you will not have to remove the sims with Clean Installer, because they won't have been there in the first place. Normally when you move sims out of a lot, everything is deleted, including dirty dishes, etc, unless you used the stay things shrub. If you didn't move them out before putting the lot in the bin, you caused corruption. Deleting sims from the family bin also causes corruption.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 1:36 PM
I packaged the lot with the sims inside, the Clean Installer would put all the sims on me (skins, makeup, clothes etc ...) I installed that lot in my neighborhood without the sims, which until then I knew how to do it, but the lot had things from the other sims, like I said, dishes etc ... I have that bush, but I didn't use it, unless it is used alone ... delete the lot where the sims are NOT, I don't think that corrupts anything, anymore that EA Games puts that option to delete the batches, it was just a cloned batch. I think I will do the batches without sims, and then I will pack them, that if I can do it or I will already experiment with the clean installer, thanks
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 2:19 PM
There are items in the actual lot file that could corrupt the neighborhood you place the lot in, the lot has been or currently is occupied. If the lot has CC from sims, the sims and information from those sims are included in the lot.

It's not just CC from sims or things like leftover dishes, stuck objects or newspapers - it's things like memories, relationships, gossip, etc. which are broken when the lot is packaged (or placed in the lot bin), and when the lot is placed into a new neighborhood, these items (if not properly cleaned out) can cause problems.

The Clean Installer only deals with CC and installing lots, it doesn't clean the other stuff - you need to do the other steps in the tutorials for that, plus CH's lot cleaner object.

Don't put an occupied or previously occupied lot that hasn't been cleaned in a neighborhood you care about and try to fix things there - chances are you could introduce corruptive elements to that neighborhood, and you could end up with a neighborhood that eventually goes "boom". Instead, use a "throwaway hood" (a new hood you can chuck in the bin later) for the entire cleaning process, and once the lot has been properly cleaned of all sim references and whatnots, you can then put the lot in the neighborhood(s) you care about.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 3:24 PM
The tutorials I linked show how to make the lot safe for re-use.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Nov 2021 at 9:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
There are items in the actual lot file that could corrupt the neighborhood you place the lot in, the lot has been or currently is occupied. If the lot has CC from sims, the sims and information from those sims are included in the lot.

It's not just CC from sims or things like leftover dishes, stuck objects or newspapers - it's things like memories, relationships, gossip, etc. which are broken when the lot is packaged (or placed in the lot bin), and when the lot is placed into a new neighborhood, these items (if not properly cleaned out) can cause problems.

The Clean Installer only deals with CC and installing lots, it doesn't clean the other stuff - you need to do the other steps in the tutorials for that, plus CH's lot cleaner object.

Don't put an occupied or previously occupied lot that hasn't been cleaned in a neighborhood you care about and try to fix things there - chances are you could introduce corruptive elements to that neighborhood, and you could end up with a neighborhood that eventually goes "boom". Instead, use a "throwaway hood" (a new hood you can chuck in the bin later) for the entire cleaning process, and once the lot has been properly cleaned of all sim references and whatnots, you can then put the lot in the neighborhood(s) you care about.

Well, my neighborhood should have "boomed" years ago, before I didn't know anything about all this and was constantly erasing, I won't do it anymore, or I'll do it as you say, I'll use an empty neighborhood and I'll make the arrangements there without sims. I should read that tutorial more carefully, thanks for your advice, it is that the lot looked really good and I wanted it for a challenge and I do not like to build, it is what I like least about the sims 2, also I am very bad! , I admire the people who make incredible lots and I enjoy their constructions. That lot was from a user of this page and I modified it and it turned out very well. Thanks for the tips.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 4th Nov 2021 at 9:55 AM
Let us know if you need any more help, the tutorials are a bit complex and it's difficult for me to understand, and I'm native English speaker! So we can help more if you need it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Nov 2021 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Let us know if you need any more help, the tutorials are a bit complex and it's difficult for me to understand, and I'm native English speaker! So we can help more if you need it.

Thank you! You are incredible!, don't worry, I have more questions to ask, and this can wait, thank you very much for your kindness :lovestruc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 5th Nov 2021 at 4:37 AM
Thank you! You are incredible!, don't worry, I have more questions to ask, and this can wait, thank you very much for your kindness :lovestruc

@simsample @Missdabone my tutorial is here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188
I tried to make it easier to follow recently, tweaked the text and added a few pictures. It should not be complex.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Nov 2021 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@simsample @Missdabone my tutorial is here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188
I tried to make it easier to follow recently, tweaked the text and added a few pictures. It should not be complex.

hello! your tutorial I understood much better! , now I only have 2 questions.
Should I also delete "Sim Information"? or leave it as in the second option, I tried to do that, and if I had a lot of things in the lot and now I see where the objects that my sims used are! , second question: SimPE does not save the lot as a .SIMS2PACK, only as .package, how do I convert it? or am I doing something wrong?