Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 4:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How easy is it to hide stuff?
I know there are 'hiders' out there for dodgy Maxis hairs and clothes, but I'm wondering how easy it is to make your own for furniture and 'Buy mode' items? I've been playing Sims 2 for, what, 17 years (?)I and I've never used maybe 80% of the official furniture, so I think it's safe to say I won't need it going forward either! It's just stuff that gets in the way, and the more downloads you have the more cluttered the buy catalogue gets. Sooo, I guess it'd be possible to hide certain items wouldn't it? Using SimPe? Has anyone tried this with their own game?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 5:35 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Nov 2021 at 5:54 PM.
Hat has a "hide everything" project here that covers pretty much everything (and is mix&matchable so you can put it together the way you want) - https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/42769.html

There's another one for clothes here, in case you ever need that:
https://themediocresimblr.tumblr.co...hed-for-a-while

There used to be a tutorial here, but can't find it. I think the tutorial Wiki is a bit broken atm...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 5:47 PM
Wow! I had a good old Google before I posted here and that never came up!! I think you've just saved me quite a bit of time...

Thanks so much!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 4:36 PM
I've spent the last 3 days solidly hiding Maxis stuff! It's great!! I was just wondering about custom things. I've a few downloads that I have to have the 'masters' for even if I really only want the 'slaves' - is it possible to hide the masters in SimPe? How? And the slaves still show up and work fine?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 8:16 PM
It depends on the items.

One alternative is to make them collection-only, but you still have to keep them in your game. Even if they'll be hidden in the catalog, it's best to keep CC items accessible somehow, in case you need to locate them. https://modthesims.info/t/597240

If they're based on different objects (for instance chair and barstools slaved to table), it's easier to keep the master object.

If they're based on the exact same kind of object (like five plants of varying sizes and shapes slaved to one) it is possible to switch out the mesh between the master and one of the slaved object you want to keep.

If it's clothes, and (as an example) the TF files are referenced to the AF files but you only want the TF ones, you can make a texture-only file with the AF TXTRs to go alongside the TF files and skip the AF files entirely (this works with most referenced clothes).

(The trick with the TXTRs doesn't work for objects, because they're a bit more complex than clothes).