Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 1:26 AM
Default TS3 turns up in a supposed "assassination plot"... yes, really.
Gotta say, if I'd thought at all that I would see TS3 in the news today, it would not have been in this context... Washington Post - Alleged Russian Sting Operation Uncovers 'The Sims 3,' Guns, Grenade

But there's no denying, those are indeed TS3 cases in the photo. Anyone care to venture a guess on the unidentified one on the left? It's clearly an EP not an SP, but having digital copies and only a passing familiarity with the game at this point, I don't know the covers well enough to identify it!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Inventor
#3 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 1:44 AM
Inventor
#4 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
what the literal fudge.

Yes this has been all over the place...super odd.
Scholar
#6 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 2:07 AM
I had all my EP boxes out to compare details, but couldn't decide. It's impossible to read the title by blowing up the picture, but my guess, judging by the length, would be either Island Paradise or World Adventures. But wow! a Nazi flag, a T shirt, a green wig, and three Sims 3 disks: "These are the marks of a conspiracy," (quoth the Mouth of Sauron).

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Inventor
#7 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
I had all my EP boxes out to compare details, but couldn't decide. It's impossible to read the title by blowing up the picture, but my guess, judging by the length, would be either Island Paradise or World Adventures. But wow! a Nazi flag, a T shirt, a green wig, and three Sims 3 disks: "These are the marks of a conspiracy," (quoth the Mouth of Sauron).

It's seasons you can see the golf ball in the corner of the pick and the colors match. I studied hard lol
Inventor
#8 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
yeah, I just googled for more sources b/c it just sounds so incredibly unbelievable.

I agree with the thought they were supposed to get "Sim" Cards. It's just funny and belongs on dumb criminals if this is the case lol
Alchemist
#9 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 6:59 AM
this is easily one of the funniest things I’ve read

what does his name even mean?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 7:27 AM Last edited by igazor : 28th Apr 2022 at 7:38 AM.
Katy Perry has been rumored to be sounding very disappointed that she had no role in this caper whatsoever due to expired licensing agreements.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 3:34 PM
Jeeze... this made my day, lol!
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 6:37 PM
Seems fitting, TS3's a game about simulation anyway. Curious of how they would 'simulate' the assassination. Death by drowning? Electrocution? Starvation? Cowplant? Jellybeans? And a lot more...

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Inventor
#13 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
Seems fitting, TS3's a game about simulation anyway. Curious of how they would 'simulate' the assassination. Death by drowning? Electrocution? Starvation? Cowplant? Jellybeans? And a lot more...

Considering they had a long haired green wig maybe death by woohoo
Alchemist
#14 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
Considering they had a long haired green wig maybe death by woohoo

Or by poison apple.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd May 2022 at 1:58 AM
Washington Post, Bellingcat, pfffff... Oh, those evil Russians.
The Sims 3 logo in Russian flag colours it's supposed to be the most horrible thing simmers ever seen. Everyone run away in fear.

Welcome to Sim-Tropico!

More about Sim-Tropico:

Sim-Tropico_blog
Sim-Tropico_tumblr

Happy simming!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 2nd May 2022 at 2:12 AM Last edited by kiddypatches : 2nd May 2022 at 8:57 AM.
>inb4 media says The Sims is as corruptive as violent video games are.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 2nd May 2022 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiddypatches
>inb4 media says The Sims is as disruptive as violent video games are.

Before we can agree or disagree with that assessment out of context, it would be helpful to know what was meant. Disruptive to what? Mindless conformity?

Disruption in general can be a good thing if the status quo is boring or otherwise unsatisfying.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 2nd May 2022 at 8:58 AM
I meant corruptive, stupid autocorrect! Besides, I was only joking
Mad Poster
#20 Old 2nd May 2022 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiddypatches
I meant corruptive, stupid autocorrect! Besides, I was only joking

I guess corruption can be a good thing too at times, again depending on context.
Scholar
#21 Old 2nd May 2022 at 2:41 PM
My friends and I have been speculating that there was a miscommunication when someone was told to get SIM cards for their staging it somehow became Sims Disks... I'm picturing someone scouring Ebay for them, like "damn TS4 doesn't come on disks... guess I'll have to get TS3 instead...."

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story