Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 8:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default What if you don't install the sims 2 in correct order (just one SP)?
So I got the game to work on my new laptop. *jeuj* Only the Christmas accessory pack was not installed (issue with poweriso).
I am not sure if I have cc cloned from that sp, but if I do and I put it in the downloadfolder (just copy paste 20000 files), will it give just blue flashing objects like the mesh is missing (that i can easily fix) or would it cause bigger issues that I'd better avoid?

Second question: if I get it to install after all, would it be that bad to install it now as all SPs and EPs are now installed?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 9:13 PM
Blue flashing usually means a texture is missing and not the mesh... the mesh wouldnt appear at all as far as I know... I can't say much to that... the installation order doesnt matter with Sims 2... It only matters with Sims 1
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KiraNettt
Blue flashing usually means a texture is missing and not the mesh... the mesh wouldnt appear at all as far as I know... I can't say much to that... the installation order doesnt matter with Sims 2... It only matters with Sims 1

Thx. Then i can surely try again to install it without worrying.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 10:07 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 19th Jul 2022 at 10:21 PM.
With missing SPs, I think the original items mostly go missing or are replaced with EAxis placeholder items, depending on what it is. These items don't act quite like CC items.

If you have CC items with textures pulled from that SP, blue-flashing can happen with repo'd buy/build items, and for CAS items they'll probably show without textures ("naked" textures on a mesh, or invisible textures, could depend on how they're made).

Missing meshes don't appear at all for buy/build (and not recolors either). CAS recolors with missing meshes do show up, though - if you have any, there could be a bit of a cleaning job.

The other SPs need a full install, but the Holiday pack is pretty much just two files, I think - the H05 and H06 bundle files, and they go in a spesific folder, somewhere in the BG files. I'm not entirely sure if much more is needed, but I don't think so. If you can get the CD to run and get those files off it, even if the install won't run, you can probably get that fixed.