Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 3:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Does the 4GB Patch crash the Game Patch?
Still can't install M&G and I was thinking that it might be cause I have a no cd crack + 4GB Patch on Bodyshop and the cracked.exe... Might that crash the patch? I dont have the backups anymore so I can't get around reinstalling AL right? the patch crashes at bodyshop which is patched with the 4GB Patch... That it even tries to patch... I did that last year! I wanted to ask to know if that now really is the issue so I can fix that (If my parents find any of the AL cds)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 6:19 PM
Have you successfully installed the game? Make sure to do that first, then install the no-CD and patch. If you start mixing in these before you've properly installed the game as-is, things get a bit messy.

If you have the old EXE files, try switching these out with the patched ones while installing (move the patched files to the desktop, then copy/paste the old EXE files to the proper places). It's possible that's why the game refuses to patch when installing, because it doesn't recognize the no-CD ones.

You might be able to copy the files off the CDs (if you don't have backups).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 8:44 PM
I did install all packs I had last year and patched them and later added the the no CD und 4GB Patch... unfortunally I didnt kept the backups cause I didnt saw the reason to keep them... I didnt planned to buy later M&G but now I did... I will try to copy it from the CD as soon as I have them but that wont be befor middle of August... Thank you! at least it didnt messed up anything so I can still play till then just without M&G