Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Creatures' Skins Unlocked *07/25/08 PLEASE REDOWNLOAD*

by treeag Posted 8th May 2008 at 6:23 PM - Updated 29th Aug 2008 at 5:15 PM by treeag

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 17th May 2008 at 11:28 AM
Very very useful
Test Subject
#27 Old 24th May 2008 at 10:49 PM
I'm experiencing a problem with the mannequin infant skin. My female mannequin sim is just about to have her baby when I load her lot, but just when she's about to have it, that wicked "Application has crashed" message keeps appearing just as the baby is being delivered, even after I put in the mesh that I got from CreaturesSkins_CCSTAR.zip. If anyone has an idea what could be going on or what I might've done wrong, could you please clue me in? I can't tell you how grateful I'd be.
Theorist
Original Poster
#28 Old 25th May 2008 at 1:12 AM
Have you redownload the file? The first version doesn't have the infant skin.
Test Subject
#29 Old 25th May 2008 at 2:20 AM
I don't know what you mean by first version. I did, however, delete the content I got from the first CreaturesSkins_CCSTAR.zip I downloaded and put in my Downloads folder since it didn't work. I redownloaded the same zip file, took the content, and put it back into my Downloads folder--but it's still no go. When she gives birth my application still crashes and terminates.

Edit: I also downloaded the other zip file, but that didn't help either.
Theorist
Original Poster
#30 Old 25th May 2008 at 3:12 AM
This is weird. My sims can give birth just fine... Are you you're using my skin and not Maxis's mannequin skin? Both look identical but Maxis's version of the skin do cause crash because it doesn't contain any infant skins.
Test Subject
#31 Old 25th May 2008 at 4:24 AM
Oh noo, I am using Maxis' skin! Gaaah...oh well. I can afford to delete her lot and remake her since she's reproducing asexually and was recently made anyway. I haven't tried out your skin yet, but if it works out well for you and others then I'm sure I'm good to go. Thank you so much for helping me!
Test Subject
#32 Old 26th May 2008 at 2:08 PM
Love these, thanks so much. My neighbourhoods are so much more colourful now. :D
Test Subject
#33 Old 27th May 2008 at 2:58 PM
hello, I'd like to thank you for your work, I find this skins very useful. but I've got one problem. as for now I've only played with the werewolf skin and the problem is, when my sim goes to take a shower, his clothes don't disappear. he does the spin, theoretically he's naked but what the? at first I though that might be the cc shower, but nope. oh, and the clothes disappear for infants and children when changed/bathed. they stay only children up. I also have cc werewolf skin. any idea what's up?
cheers
Theorist
Original Poster
#34 Old 27th May 2008 at 6:40 PM
To be honest I have no idea. I'll try to look if it happens in my game too sometime this week but I really think that's not supposed to happen.

The game look at these skins as CC skins. But instead of CC, they pull the textures directly from the game files. This is not a flag-changing type of unlocker so it really shouldn't cause any problem.

May I solicit you to try the other skin that you don't happen to have the default replacement of? Maybe that's what causing the problem, but I can't say for sure without looking at the default replacement skin itself .
Test Subject
#35 Old 28th May 2008 at 6:06 PM Last edited by Blutsauger : 28th May 2008 at 7:41 PM. Reason: moar stuff
I understand the general idea, so I was surprised too that something doesn't work as it should. it's not a big problem though, just a little annoying.
anyways, the only skin I haven't replacement of is the mannequin one, so I'll try it, although I should also probably try the other ones. skins I have are from http://www.sexysims2.com/showthread.php?t=171120 this thread, similar found on MTS too.
take your time, I appreciate your work and your help

EDIT: I made a family of two women [zombie and mannequin] and one guy [either normal or wilted plantsim, forgot] and only that guy didn't properly undress to take a shower! still, kids [girls] of the werewolf-skinned guy I mentioned also didn't undress, so it's not a question of gender I guess. I'll try with the female plantsim-skinned and male zombie/mannequin then.

so. male mannequin undressed normally, female wilted plantsim did not, male zombie did, female werewolf did not.
to summ up: there seems to be a problem with werewolf and plantsim skins.
and I am so confused :D
Theorist
Original Poster
#36 Old 29th May 2008 at 3:13 PM
Ok. I think I know the problem. So the broken skins are werewolf and plantsim, right? Only from teens and up? Toddler and children undress just fine?
Test Subject
#37 Old 29th May 2008 at 5:34 PM
um, children are broken too. only babies and toddlers are being undressed properly, and yes, werewolf and plantsim
Theorist
Original Poster
#38 Old 29th May 2008 at 5:59 PM
Yep, I know what's wrong, it's just I'm pretty busy currently so I don't know when I'll be able to fix them. At least it's not a fatal bug... Sorry about that.
Test Subject
#39 Old 29th May 2008 at 7:55 PM
it's okay, glad you could find out what's up. I'll be waiting for some update, take your time and thanks :D
Test Subject
#40 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 2:45 AM
Sweet, the only default skintones i can stand :D
Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 10:16 AM
If I get for example a plantsim or have an alien baby, would it get your skin or maxis' one?
Theorist
Original Poster
#42 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 10:18 AM
They'll get Maxis'
Test Subject
#43 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 1:03 PM
ok. Thanks! And what's about the genes? Is it always dominant?
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 3:02 PM
can you unlock the genie skin too please?
Test Subject
#45 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 7:37 AM Last edited by SoopySoop : 10th Jul 2008 at 7:43 AM. Reason: Adding something, obviously. xD
>.<
Yeah, that whole problem with the manniquin skins makes perfect sense now...

I used the boolProp cheat and sent the Create-A-Sim into debugging mode, and when I had the mother get pregnant with a default skin tone guy, the game crashed.

Anyways, sweet. Thanks for the upload.

-Cass. ^^

EDIT:

If we get a new Expansion pack, do we have to re-install this?

I only have Nightlife, BV and Pets currently.

no i don't wish it was the fucking sixties. levis jeans wish it was the sixties. i certainly fucking don't.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WorkYourMagic
can you unlock the genie skin too please?

The Genie has the colored Skinparts on his Clothing Texture.
Test Subject
#47 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 1:16 AM
I can't get these skins to work. I tried downloading one set, then trying to make a sim with one of the skin tones but it didn't work. I then tried downloading the other, deleting the other set, and trying to make a sim with one of the skin tones, and it still didn't work. Any clue?
Theorist
Original Poster
#48 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 2:05 AM
What do you exactly mean by 'didn't work'?
Test Subject
#49 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 8:55 AM
I would click on one of the little thumbnails and the sim's head would be the same as the skin I had on it before and the body would be the same color as one of the 4 basic skin tones.
Theorist
Original Poster
#50 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 11:24 AM
Do you have the corresponding EPs installed?
Page 2 of 4