Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Normal Skin for Good and Evil Witches (REALLY FIXED - Finally! 07 Sept 08!)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 27th Aug 2008 at 4:13 PM - Updated 7th Sep 2008 at 1:29 PM by HystericalParoxysm

230 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 181 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 10
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 2:49 AM
WOW! I didn't even know this was out, yet! I thought the release date was 8-28-08, and it's still 8-27-08 on my end of the globe! Still a nice job!

The height of innovation sometimes comes at the peak of laziness.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 3:29 AM
I got it today (Best Buy got it in early), and I have to say I love it. It's my favorite EP since Seasons. I might have to come back and get this if the Maxis witch skins start to get on my nerves.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jeromycraig
I got it today (Best Buy got it in early), and I have to say I love it. It's my favorite EP since Seasons. I might have to come back and get this if the Maxis witch skins start to get on my nerves.

That's funny, because I tried to get it at Best Buy and it didn't come today. I did manage to nab it at GameStop. A lady at Walmart (when I checked there) said they usually got it first in this area. I've just moved in some families into apartments so far, but I'll get more done.
Thanks for the mod, HP. I don't have any witches yet, but I have the mod installed.
Test Subject
#29 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 3:52 AM
Actually I want a default replacement for the evil wiches' skin.

the wiches should be special,huh?
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 3:57 AM
*Whistles* wow, I'm surprised that someone already got to this, but I'm glad that you did. Haha, and btw, that Captain Picard avatar of yours is quite the awesome.

Ugh, and yeah, unfortunately AL hasn't come out in my GameStop yet, I wonder why though, but glad someone got to the skintone for them.
Test Subject
#31 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 3:58 AM
Thanks so much for this, HP!

I noticed that the Atrociously Evil Warlocks keep the green skin on their body, but the face is normal-looking. Otherwise, all seems perfect so far.
Inventor
#32 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kylebeans
WHATT!!??!!?? LOL It doesn't even release until tomorrow!!! :O But that's okay, I intended to buy it tomorrow too =] and then I will be sure to install this!!

What? Where are you from? On the US site the release date was the 27th which would be today.

HP I fully intend to test this to the max, I can't wait to see the witches. I don't have any yet because I just installed it a few hours ago.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 5:07 AM
Witches can wear any clothes(they're just sims with extra magical powers), and I don't think i nukes the sparkles, since all this hack does is remove tha colored skin layer

Btw, thx for this hack HP, I really hate the evil witch green skin(it looked really fake and unrealistic)

Problems installing stuffs?Use Sims2Pack Clean Installer

Problems extracting stuffs?Use ALZip
Test Subject
#34 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 5:18 AM
I'm not sure if this is intended, but for female witches, the clothes are all neutral. Also for my male adult evil warlock, his face stays the same and body turns green.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Judefan6
I'm not sure if this is intended, but for female witches, the clothes are all neutral. Also for my male adult evil warlock, his face stays the same and body turns green.

You have some out of date hacks (or something in your program files). That happened to me as well. It's easily fixable by doing a binary search. It has nothing to do with these skins.
Test Subject
#36 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TashaFaun
You have some out of date hacks (or something in your program files). That happened to me as well. It's easily fixable by doing a binary search. It has nothing to do with these skins.

Oh, okay.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 9:13 AM
Woah. I havent even got AL yet [plainly because i refuse to pay $50 for it ] but your versions look SO much better than the Maxis skins.
That green is absolutely repulsive. xD
Excellent job!
Test Subject
#38 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 9:37 AM
LOL I didn't even know there actually WAS a new expantion pack. I thought they were stopping the big ones so EA could make way for Sims 3.
I'm not trusting my game magazines now. They lie.
The new expantion looks interesting. I'll buy it asap *looks on amazon*

By the way, great job!
xxx

Quote:
This virus works on the honor system. Please copy and paste this message to everyone you know, then delete all the files on your hard disk. Thank you for your cooperation.
Test Subject
#39 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 12:17 PM
I tried this out last night and it works beautifully. Thanks so much for getting this out so soon.
Inventor
#40 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 12:45 PM
I must have something conflicting with mine, my sim had the two tone effect with her natural dark skin below the neckline and paler face.. I need to figure out which hack could be causing it.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Test Subject
#41 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TashaFaun

What do you mean, binary search? I'm getting this bug as well, and it looks even worse than normal. Do I need to delete one of my older hacks?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 10:29 PM
Arkkonis - What you should've done before installing:

http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php..._Next_Expansion

What you need to do now:

http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php...lp:Game_Problem

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 11:22 PM
Hmm I thought the neutral dresses were something to do with something else but it's not. It does appear that while installed your skins are interferring with the colour showing up correctly, HP. It might because you are pulling the "neutral skin" so all the dresses change to that in CAS. It may not be that way in game but it's certainly that way in CAS. I wish I knew why though. I pulled everything from my game except your skins and it was still happening :-/
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 11:25 PM Last edited by hippi : 28th Aug 2008 at 11:36 PM.
Just to let you know I had a problem with these, it removes the good and evil witches clothing and they are replaced with just the neutral outfit. The only reason I noticed was because I was testing a clothing unlocker for the witches outfits and I ended up with three neutral outfits in CAS. I removed the unlocker and the witches clothing was still neutral. I put the unlocker back in and took out the skin replacements and they went back to the good/evil outfits and all three outfits showed in CAS just fine. Just to make sure I put your replacements back in and the witches went back to wearing the neutral outfit again.
This was done in a clean install, no hacks, no cc, all the mydocs/ea folder was deleted several days ago.
Edited to also add, this affects both CAS outfits and the outfits the witches are wearing, the head good and evil witches were both wearing neutral outfits in the game when your files were in, they went back to their proper outfits when I took out your files.

+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
My sims 2 Yahoo Group
2 Fantastic
Test Subject
#45 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 12:31 AM
I was so excited to see the witches that I didn't even notice the dresses until this afternoon, but yeah, I've got another confirmation on this issue.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 2:01 AM
I've been playing for a bit and FINALLY got my first witch. It was kind of a pain getting the relationship to the level where the Head Witch would finally teach my Sim magic. Fortunately, one of the spells you can learn lets you transform another Sim into a witch, so once you have one, you can create as many as you want.

The spell/ingredient system is a lot more refined and much less painful than Makin' Magic. No more annoying minigames to get random rare ingredients! Yay!
Test Subject
#47 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 3:24 AM
I also noticed that my evil witches eyes go this big round silver that usually shows up when the eyes go screwy or something but ya i third the dresses matter
Test Subject
#48 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 5:02 AM
My evil witch kept her correct clothing but her face was darker than her body. I dont have any hacks so I know that isn't the issue.
Test Subject
#49 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arkkonis
What do you mean, binary search? I'm getting this bug as well, and it looks even worse than normal. Do I need to delete one of my older hacks?

A binary search is when you take out half of your hacks (put them in a folder on your desktop or something), load the game and see if you have the same problem. If not, take half of your removed hacks and put them in a separate folder in your downloads. Load the game, see if it errors. If not, move those hacks out of the folder and add half of the hacks in the folder on the desktop again. Repeat until you find the error.

IF you get an error at any time, split the group of erroring hacks and put them in another folder. Any group that errors you want to keep cutting in half until you narrow it down. ALWAYS delete groups.cache before re-loading your game during this process. It anticipates the files your game is going to load, and will hold old hack data in many cases.
Test Subject
#50 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vinumdimitto
A binary search is when you take out half of your hacks (put them in a folder on your desktop or something), load the game and see if you have the same problem. If not, take half of your removed hacks and put them in a separate folder in your downloads. Load the game, see if it errors. If not, move those hacks out of the folder and add half of the hacks in the folder on the desktop again. Repeat until you find the error.

IF you get an error at any time, split the group of erroring hacks and put them in another folder. Any group that errors you want to keep cutting in half until you narrow it down. ALWAYS delete groups.cache before re-loading your game during this process. It anticipates the files your game is going to load, and will hold old hack data in many cases.

Ah! Thanks. Anyway, it turned out to be unnecessary. I looked at the .package in SimPE and it turned out it seemed to be missing all the body textures, so I just added invisible versions of them myself, and now my witches and warlocks look perfect. :D
Page 2 of 10