Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Normal Skin for Good and Evil Witches (REALLY FIXED - Finally! 07 Sept 08!)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 27th Aug 2008 at 4:13 PM - Updated 7th Sep 2008 at 1:29 PM by HystericalParoxysm

229 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 180 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 10
Test Subject
#51 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 7:15 AM
I didn't like her face being darker than her body so I tried again and it worked for almost an hour. I had her change into her everyday outfit and normal hairstyle then she was studying the ways of the darkside at her podium and POOF she turned into the neutral dress and evil hat and her face was darker than her body again. Weird.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#52 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 8:16 AM Last edited by Chaavik : 29th Aug 2008 at 8:45 AM.
Will this conflict with the mod called "vampireNoBlueNoRedEye" by :TSN:? The mod is located at:

:TSN:

EDIT:

I forgot to mention one more thing. The reason I asked was because my Sim is both an evil witch and a vampire. I wanted to make sure that these two will play nice in my game.
Test Subject
#53 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 10:10 AM
Adult male doesn't work from the neck down D:. For both witches.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 10:54 AM
Chaavik - No reason it should interfere but I haven't tested vamp-witches so I can't promise it won't. Try it and let me know.

Everyone else - I'm looking into the issues and will see what I can do to fix it. I'm also battling with the stupid game trying to build an apartment successfully and failing, so between those two, I'll try to fix this up ASAP.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 1:16 PM
You could just ask Arkkonis for their files as they claimed to have fixed the problem and there would be less work for you HP!
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#56 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 4:08 PM
Okay, I will give this a go to see if they work with the vampire-witch combinations.
Test Subject
#57 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 5:54 PM
An awesome and practical idea as usual, HP. Thanks for continuing to pretty up the game for us!
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 6:42 PM
Awesome! The first thing I thought as one of my Sims became a bad witch was "Ew what an disgusting skin!" and I was so begging for him to look as hot as he was before but still being a witch. Thank you so much, I'll test it right away
Field Researcher
#59 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 7:29 PM
Thank you so much! The first thing I thought - after being excited about the witches - was that I needed to look at MTS2 and see if anyone had done a default replacement for those skins.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 9:45 PM
TashaFaun - My files are intentionally free of additional textures that are not needed. I missed the material definitions for the males though so they point to the already-existing blank ones for neutral witches. It should work now... as should the outfits.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#61 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 11:08 PM
Oh my, I love you
The other replacements that I found were more green skintones.
Thanks for sharing this hun <333
Field Researcher
#62 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 11:23 PM
Still the same problem with the files HP. Neutral dresses.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 12:09 AM
I don't have Apartment Life yet, but this seems wonderful, no ugly green or sparkly-skin. Has anyone ever wondered, where Maxis gets all those weird/stupid ideas? Anyways, I always wanted to have witches and magic in my game, a bit like The Sims Makin' Magic.. Thank you!!!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 12:11 AM
TashaFaun - Which age/gender is the issue? I've tested it with the default witches in Belladonna Cove and I'm sure it works fine for them with these changes... Also, just to make sure, you are aware that freshly-made witches (like the Cordial sisters) are neutral till they practice their skills, neither good nor evil, despite choosing the "light or dark side"? The light and dark outfits are only for witches at the extreme ends of the spectrum. I've removed all of the resources that related to the clothes entirely (I mistakenly assumed they would be needed to make the clothes function properly as they appeared to point to skin rather than clothing textures) so the new files should not have any affect on clothing whatsoever.

Instructor
#65 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 12:47 AM
I'm having the same problem as Arkkonis. I get the faces fine, but the bodies of my witches are still sparkly/green. :\
Field Researcher
#66 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 1:11 AM Last edited by TashaFaun : 30th Aug 2008 at 1:27 AM. Reason: Fixed typos
Before it was just the female adult and elder but now the only age group that works correctly is teen female. All others get neutral (well sort of the adult and elder female the top coat of the outfit as neutral but the under part of the dress shows up properly). It's happening even with just your skins being the only thing in my downloads folder.
Inventor
#67 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 3:00 AM
Just ran into a problem.

My adult female sim is titled Evil and this is what her face looks like. Her original face has green eyes and lighter skin (it's Kimberly Cordial with defaults), and for some reason she looks wrong now. I tried using the mirror and it didn't fix the problem.
Really odd :/
Field Researcher
#68 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 3:30 AM
HystericalParoxysm, I've uploaded my own version at InSimenator.net. I did this a different way from your files, so it might work for the people who are having trouble with yours.
Inventor
#69 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 3:47 AM
Your's worked! Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 5:50 AM
LOL Okay I installed AL and your amazing hack =]
BUT for my Male witch (Infallibly Good Warlock) this hack only affects his face, and not the freckly things all over his body can you perhaps try and fix this? Pleeeaassee??
BUT I must credit you for having this hack out in like, no time at all =]

Tornado Drills: more effective than Ex-Lax.
Test Subject
#71 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 11:14 AM
Thank you Simsbaby! They worked!! I couldn't go another hour with a witch with a green body and a tan face. Thank you HP for trying so hard to help us all with our problems.
Test Subject
#72 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 1:31 PM
It doesn't work for adult male!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 2:26 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 30th Aug 2008 at 7:34 PM.
I'll make it work. Need to go out shopping this afternoon but I'll get it working. I have an alternate idea that is probably easier than what I've been doing.

Edit: Yay! I had some time to test it and now I'm definitely sure it's working properly and fixed. Definitely works completely fine - only thing is you may have to Change Appearance to update the faces but that's not a big deal. If you have downloaded previously, please redownload the fixed files.

Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#74 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 6:47 AM
I'm back to comment on the work with the witch and overlays. So far, a great job on the work!

I created two different witches. One is a Vampire/Witch and the other is a Witch/Athletic. Both were turned into witches. Both of them switched to witch dresses (one of them switch to the correct dress for her Evil alignment, but the other switched to what appeared to be a dress for the Neutral alignment). But I sent both of them to the closet to plan Everyday and then change back into their regular clothes.

My Athletic Sim is using the Maxis skintone over the Athletic body mesh by Marvine-Beosboxboy. She had no texture issues. No dark bodies, no light faces at all. I think some of the problems are related to non-Maxis custom skintones like the Louis, Enayla and etc. skintones. But I could be wrong. I looked at these pics and saw that those Sims weren't using Maxis skintones. Could be that..

I'm not overly concerned with the dresses. I'm only concerned over the green skintone and that yellow speckled skintone.

Again, a good job on this one. I appreciate this one.

EDIT:

By the way, this mod does work with the one I mentioned in my previous post inquiring whether they will work together if my Sim is a Witch/Vampire.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 9:18 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you - thanks a million times! The bad witch was funny the first time around, but then got really lame... I found some really pretty replacements - but: in my main neighborhood I already have a fantasy theme going, some of those sims are supposed to be able to do magic, but they are definitely NOT supposed to be green all over, so I've been dying to find something like this!!! Nabbing right now.
Page 3 of 10