Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE 13-JUL-2016) Bring Food & Drink To Others - Any Time, Any Place

by icarus_allsorts Posted 22nd Mar 2014 at 8:57 PM - Updated 12th Jul 2016 at 6:08 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

83 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 58 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 9:31 PM
Does this work with 1.57 version as well?
THANKS POST
#27 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 3:20 AM
thank
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whoizshay
Does this work with 1.57 version as well?

I can't say since I have no way to test it. I'm guessing it should be fine but the only way to know for sure is to test it on a game of that patch (in a new game just to be safe)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#29 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 5:21 PM
Thank you! I didn't even know about that option in Night Life.
Test Subject
#30 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 2:27 PM
You already have this option.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimManiac4985
You already have this option.

Yea, but you couldn't use it unless your sim was hosting a party or in one of the Late Night venues
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 11:49 PM
Haven't tried this yet but this should be awesome for my waiter sims :) Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 5:51 PM
Thanks. It's been a lot of times that I wish my sim could give food to another. When they are are doing an activity together or just talking & one suddenly runs of because of hunger.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 11:53 PM
Awesome mod! Thank You for making it! I was wondering, how did you fixed the child stretching problem? Could the method be used to fix other mods for children? (i.e. horse riding, gardening, etc.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsplayer70
Awesome mod! Thank You for making it! I was wondering, how did you fixed the child stretching problem? Could the method be used to fix other mods for children? (i.e. horse riding, gardening, etc.)

I can tell it was NOT easy, had to basically substitute every occurrence of an animation that didn't have a child version with something that looked similar that children could use (like grabbing a bar drink off a surface -> normal swipe, carrying a bar glass -> carrying a food plate (which is why cups are passed to and from children from palm to palm in the mod), etc). Unless there is a suitable usable substitute for the animations required by the interaction (or someone creates some which is totally OUT of my scope), this is probably not possible for the ones you mentioned.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 2:41 AM
This is great !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 6th May 2014 at 10:29 PM
Thank you! Plus, it'd be so funny if you made Sims be able to auto-give the food your sims. xD
THANKS POST
#38 Old 19th May 2014 at 9:38 AM
TY
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 21st May 2014 at 3:51 PM
Thanks for all your hard work on the new update
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 7:49 PM
Default You are incredible!
Hi there Icarus! - I have had to make a separate folder just for all your great mods. Have found a little time to start playing again and wanted to thank you for this great mod....sorely needed for so long!!

Is there anyway it would be possible to make this work in non-active homes when an active Sim is visiting? I was thinking having the Bakery would be so much better if you could buy a pie and then put it in your inventory and when you visited someone who had the hunger moodlet as soon as you got there, you could give them a slice. I wish I could figure out how to set food down in other people's houses but this would be the next best thing.

Anyway, thanks for thinking about it if you do and thanks again for all the great mods!!

Syd
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sydsyrious
Is there anyway it would be possible to make this work in non-active homes when an active Sim is visiting?

As far as I know it already does... provided the food is already out in the open on the lot and not in your sim's inventory, which I'm guessing is what you'd like. Lemme see if there's anything I can do about that.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 10:42 PM Last edited by sydsyrious : 11th Jun 2014 at 6:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
As far as I know it already does... provided the food is already out in the open on the lot and not in your sim's inventory, which I'm guessing is what you'd like. Lemme see if there's anything I can do about that.

Woot!!! Exactly....the problem is that I can't get it out of my inventory so I can use your "take a serving". We discussed this a little over at NRaas yesterday, and I even installed Home Opener to see if it would make a difference but still can't drag anything from my inventory to a counter or table.

Thank you so much for seeing if it is even "doable". :D

Edit: HAPPY DANCE!!!! I love you for doing this!!! I'm so excited. Thank you SO, SO much. :D
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#43 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 6:25 PM
syd just posted your update to this mod... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! You've done it again.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#44 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 6:38 PM
Syd, Is it okay now to suggest a manly hug to icarus? Thank you Icarus Manly hug too you!! :D
Mad Poster
#45 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 9:41 PM
Yikes, the NRaas crowd is taking over MTS. Someone must have left the door open!

But icarus, what I really wanted to know is when you are going to produce a mod updater just for your mods so we can keep better track of them as the improved versions keep coming out?
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Yikes, the NRaas crowd is taking over MTS. Someone must have left the door open!

But icarus, what I really wanted to know is when you are going to produce a mod updater just for your mods so we can keep better track of them as the improved versions keep coming out?

What a good idea igazor! And icarus.. just saw your update. Thanks again!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 6:59 PM
Thanks for checking the updated mod out guys (and the manly hug too lol). DO report (either here or on the NRaas Chatterbox) if you find the interactions not working like they should/you expect
Test Subject
#48 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 7:44 AM
I found a problem with the new version of the mod; when I order my sim to grab a plate of food (I have the game in another language, so I dont know how it is on English) my sim grab the plate where he is, instead of going near the servings and grab a plate. The animation its like the one when you buy food from a register. Is it itended to act like that, or its a bug of the mod? Everything besides that works perfectly. Thank you and sorry for my English, its a bit rusty.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 9:41 AM Last edited by icarus_allsorts : 14th Jun 2014 at 11:24 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kacg97
I found a problem with the new version of the mod; when I order my sim to grab a plate of food (I have the game in another language, so I dont know how it is on English) my sim grab the plate where he is, instead of going near the servings and grab a plate. The animation its like the one when you buy food from a register.

Thanks for the report, silly mistake on my part, will fix this immediately. (EDIT: Fixed. If you also use the Get Moodlets From Meal Ingredients mod please redownload that as well or the changes won't apply)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 11:53 AM
Whoops!! TY for report kacg97 and thanks for the quick update icarus!!
Page 2 of 4