Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#151 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 8:44 PM
Sorry, but that would take some basic modification of the parts of s4pe I'm not familiar with. What you want is pretty specific and the best solution imo would be a tool written for this purpose.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#152 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 4:22 PM
@CmarNYC I've been doing some work on Sims 4 package files, and I noticed that in all versions of the TagList XML there is a missing entry:

<T ev="293">Color_BrownLight</T>
<T ev="295">Top_Jacket</T>

It skips from 293 to 295. Do you happen to know what Tag 294 is? Alternatively, where does the s4pi.Resource.Commons/S4_03B33DDF_00000000_D89CB9186B79ACB7.xml file come from? (I assume it it's one of the many game packages, but have been unable to locate which one yet)

Thanks!
T.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#153 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
@CmarNYC I've been doing some work on Sims 4 package files, and I noticed that in all versions of the TagList XML there is a missing entry:

<T ev="293">Color_BrownLight</T>
<T ev="295">Top_Jacket</T>

It skips from 293 to 295. Do you happen to know what Tag 294 is? Alternatively, where does the s4pi.Resource.Commons/S4_03B33DDF_00000000_D89CB9186B79ACB7.xml file come from? (I assume it it's one of the many game packages, but have been unable to locate which one yet)

Thanks!
T.

Yes, 294 is just missing. I don't know what if anything it is. Quite possibly it was simply skipped for whatever reason.

S4_03B33DDF_00000000_D89CB9186B79ACB7.xml is part of the base game's combined tuning resource and has to be extracted. I use Scumbumbo's XML Extractor.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#154 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 12:45 PM
Thanks for the reply. Reason I ask is because I saw a CASPart actually use TagValue 294, and I was curious what it was so did a little digging.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#155 Old 22nd Oct 2019 at 10:07 AM
any chance to get x64 compile?
I hit 3.3GB RAM limit and also can't open >2GB merged files...
and It should speed up things a little
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#156 Old 22nd Oct 2019 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Illume
any chance to get x64 compile?
I hit 3.3GB RAM limit and also can't open >2GB merged files...
and It should speed up things a little

I can look into it for the next release.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#157 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 9:25 PM
Version 0.5.5-beta released. Only a couple of fairly minor changes. I recompiled for x64 but am not sure what difference that makes since s4pe.exe seems to have already been 64-bit. It may have changed other components, so time will tell I guess.

Test Subject
#158 Old 15th Apr 2020 at 6:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I recompiled for x64 but am not sure what difference that makes since s4pe.exe seems to have already been 64-bit. It may have changed other components, so time will tell I guess.
???
where I can download x64 version then?
github only have x32
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#159 Old 15th Apr 2020 at 3:11 PM
???
where I can download x64 version then?
github only have x32

Why do you say the version on Github is 32 bit? My copy of s4pe.exe is 64 bit.

Test Subject
#160 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 7:59 AM
Why do you say the version on Github is 32 bit? My copy of s4pe.exe is 64 bit.

this version?
https://github.com/s4ptacle/Sims4To..._V0.5.5-beta.7z
it's x32
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...d074268/details
made a simple test
just uncompress Data\Client\ClientDeltaBuild0.package (save as different file)
and get error (output file is bigger than 2GB)
Test Subject
#161 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 11:56 AM
this version?
https://github.com/s4ptacle/Sims4To..._V0.5.5-beta.7z
it's x32

I'm actually confused. According to Windows 10 Compatibility Mode, it's 64-bit. According to my 32-bit or 64-bit checker, it's 32-bit. Is it some sort of hybrid?
Test Subject
#162 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LonnieX
I'm actually confused. According to Windows 10 Compatibility Mode, it's 64-bit. According to my 32-bit or 64-bit checker, it's 32-bit. Is it some sort of hybrid?

I'm confused too, Process Exporer say it's x64...
but as I say, it's doesn't support files over 2GB, so it's not x64
maybe there is just wrong header information or something?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#163 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 2:40 PM

No idea. I compiled for 64-bit but there are a lot of dll components that could be 32-bit. I use Compatibility Mode to see which it is, and as you said it indicates 64-bit. Possibly when it runs one or more linked dll components brings it down to 32?

Test Subject
#164 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 3:09 PM
Possibly when it runs one or more linked dll components brings it down to 32?

That very well could be. So unless you are able to find 64-bit versions of the dlls, I guess we have us a hybrid.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#165 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 3:58 PM
That very well could be. So unless you are able to find 64-bit versions of the dlls, I guess we have us a hybrid.

I think I recompiled all the dlls for 64 bit but I'll have to look at them one by one.

Test Subject
#166 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 8:15 AM
I wanted to ask if there's a way to batch import dds files in s4pe? I tried to import dds files through the "Import -> From File... " option but the only files that get correctly imported and actually show up in the preview are ****_IMG.dds files. ****.RLE2.dds / ****RLES.dds files show up in the file list but it says there's an "error reading resource" in the preview. I guess that "Import -> From File... " is only there to import files that are already in the native RLES / RLE2 format but I cant edit those in Photoshop can I? I know that S4 Studio exists and that it offers Batch Import / Batch Export as well but it just crashes so much even though my computer has 16 GB of RAM. S4pe is honestly so great because I can import literally huge DDS files and it has never crashed even once for me but it just takes forever to import like up to 1000 files seperately. I hope this is the right thread to post this in.. I would be really grateful if someone can chime in and help me
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#167 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by korini
I wanted to ask if there's a way to batch import dds files in s4pe? I tried to import dds files through the "Import -> From File... " option but the only files that get correctly imported and actually show up in the preview are ****_IMG.dds files. ****.RLE2.dds / ****RLES.dds files show up in the file list but it says there's an "error reading resource" in the preview. I guess that "Import -> From File... " is only there to import files that are already in the native RLES / RLE2 format but I cant edit those in Photoshop can I? I know that S4 Studio exists and that it offers Batch Import / Batch Export as well but it just crashes so much even though my computer has 16 GB of RAM. S4pe is honestly so great because I can import literally huge DDS files and it has never crashed even once for me but it just takes forever to import like up to 1000 files seperately. I hope this is the right thread to post this in.. I would be really grateful if someone can chime in and help me

You're right, importing DDS files to RLE format requires conversion and compression, and s4pe is only set up to batch import/export resources that do not need conversion. It should be possible to have a menu option for batch conversion but it would be faster and easier to just write a separate tool. Is batch import/export of RLE and RLES to a package the only thing you need?

Test Subject
#168 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 12:12 PM
You're right, importing DDS files to RLE format requires conversion and compression, and s4pe is only set up to batch import/export resources that do not need conversion. It should be possible to have a menu option for batch conversion but it would be faster and easier to just write a separate tool. Is batch import/export of RLE and RLES to a package the only thing you need?

It would be incredible to have such a tool as it would allow to save so much time! Honestly thank you for even considering to make a tool like that! Importing and exporting RLE & RLE2 files is like the only thing I've been doing the last couple of days so that's literally all I need in life right now lol

I can import and export a lot of files that are like 8K x 16K and save the package which really shows how stable and well programmed this tool is so props!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#169 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by korini
It would be incredible to have such a tool as it would allow to save so much time! Honestly thank you for even considering to make a tool like that! Importing and exporting RLE & RLE2 files is like the only thing I've been doing the last couple of days so that's literally all I need in life right now lol

I can import and export a lot of files that are like 8K x 16K and save the package which really shows how stable and well programmed this tool is so props!

I've started a new thread for the tool, please give it a try. Import only right now and RLES imports from only one image, but export and specular masks should be quick to add, maybe tomorrow.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=640863

Test Subject
#170 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 5:25 PM
I've started a new thread for the tool, please give it a try. Import only right now and RLES imports from only one image, but export and specular masks should be quick to add, maybe tomorrow.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=640863

OH MY LORD that was quick! Thank you so much I'll try it out right away (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Banned
#171 Old 12th May 2020 at 3:11 PM Last edited by hojoos : 13th May 2020 at 2:13 PM.
Thanks for the useful link. But I read many users could not download it properly. Who managed to make a successful installation? Please let me know what mistakes to avoid. I am from https://postcodefinder.net/northern-ireland/, and I will not cope with that on my own. I need someone’s help. So if you are bored during quarantine, please make a good job and help me.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#172 Old 12th May 2020 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hojoos
I would like to have a look in the code so I installed s4pe but where is the code?
Can you direct me to where I can read about this type of code? I saw that you have done TS4 CAS-tools. Can it be used in this case?

The code can be downloaded here: https://github.com/s4ptacle/Sims4Tools/tree/develop

It's written in C#, there are plenty of tutorials and info online. I don't know what you mean about using CAS Tools, it's a different tool that uses some of the same supporting resource classes.

Lab Assistant
#173 Old 8th Jun 2020 at 1:58 AM
Hi im having an issue with SP4E it wont show a picture of the texture on RLE and when I import a package into SP4E it has an error code.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#174 Old 8th Jun 2020 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Judycb
Hi im having an issue with SP4E it wont show a picture of the texture on RLE and when I import a package into SP4E it has an error code.

Please upload the package with the RLE that's not showing. What do you mean that you're importing a package into s4pe?

Test Subject
#175 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 2:48 PM
So I downloaded the newest update of this, but when I open it up I get an error message
"Problem checking for update - will try again later
The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel."
Does anyone know why?
Page 7 of 10