Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter (Updated 5th Sept 2009)

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Aug 2009 at 9:33 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:13 PM by Nysha

685 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 420 Feedback Posts, 264 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 28
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#26 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 3:24 PM
IndiaSong: Yeah thats what I had in mind with the Rename files, but then of course you get problems with what happens with when a Sims3Pack has multiple files. Course, I could make it so that if a Sims3Pack contains only *one* file, then when Rename is checked, the package gets renamed to the name of the Sims3Pack.

Jamileigh17: This program allows you to mass-install many Sims3Pack files. Even if you already extract them, if you use the launcher you have to to it one by one.

TheYummyPotatoSalad: According to MoMa, there is absolutely nothing stopping you from running this in Mono 2.0.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#27 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 3:28 PM
Yes! I've been hoping for something like this-- thanks so much, Delphy!

Also, I too have Vista 64, and it works just fine for me.
Test Subject
#28 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 3:30 PM
It is working and really fast!
My pc is running XP x64 SP2
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 4:54 PM
Where do lot packages go in the game once extracted? I know they haven't been going to the mods-package folder when launcher unpackages them. Where do I put them?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#30 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 5:04 PM
Can somebody try this on a Mac using Mono 2.0?

Lab Assistant
#31 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 7:06 PM
Will the game recognize all the packages the multi-installer extracts? I've had trouble in the past getting the game to recognize houses that aren't installed via the launcher or 3view.
Test Subject
#32 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matildarose
Will the game recognize all the packages the multi-installer extracts? I've had trouble in the past getting the game to recognize houses that aren't installed via the launcher or 3view.

It doesn't recognize the ones I have extracted actually. I know I have everything set up correctly, because I have quite a bit of CC that shows, but none of my newly extracted stuff is showing up.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 7:56 PM
Nice program! Thanks! I like that it becomes a .package file, so we can have all our downloads in one place now-
downside for me is they lose their names-- the point of having this is to install multiple packs at one time, so there is no way to keep track of what pattern is what, for example...
(we don't expect too much, do we Delphy? :D:D)
But all in all-- tried it- liked it!!
Test Subject
#34 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 8:08 PM
My God exactly what I want. Thank you, Delphy!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 8:14 PM
what do you set up your destination folder as?
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babygirl4595
what do you set up your destination folder as?

I would make it your "packages" folder, since that's what they become...
Test Subject
#37 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 9:02 PM
application failed to initialize Properly (0xc000007b)

I have Net Frameworks 3.5

Like to see this gem work Good job
Test Subject
#38 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 9:12 PM
Okay. I have a problem. I did everything you asked to do, but when I click install. I made a folder for my "Sims 3" on my desktop. Nothing happens, but there's this tiny lettering on the left corner which is cut off so I don't know what to do. Please help.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 10:51 PM
Great work as always Delphy, thank you
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#41 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 11:17 PM
CarlosFilipePedro, How can I make it simpler? You have stuff wot you want to install, right? Then you have a place where you want to bung that stuff, yeah? So you find where you are going from and where you are going to, and bobs your uncle. It's really not confusing.

KallenR2: I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say. Screenshots and or a proper error message please.

DaNippers: Right so I guess you missed the bit in the overview that said that it works on .NET Framework 2.0. 3.5 is not 2.0 - You MUST have 2.0 installed to use this.

AmorSalado: If you put it in the right place, and the framework is setup, then it'll be fine. It aint the fault of this program if your game doesn't recognise mods or packages - thats what the FAQ is for.

Test Subject
#42 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 11:25 PM
DEATH TO THE LAUNCHER! I love you like cupcakes for this, Delphy. 8D

It looks good. It tastes like nothing on earth.
Test Subject
#43 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 12:24 AM
I have the same "problem" as KallenR2 but it actually isn't a problem because the file is installed and works. I have XP 64 bits and Framework 3.5, 3.0 and 2.0

http://i25.tinypic.com/1ytrwn.jpg
After installing, something on the bottom left appears that can't be read because it's cut off.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 12:50 AM
Followed all instructions (windows xp pro SP2) and get error message
"This Program cannot be run in DOS" at the bottom of the box after I click "install".
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 1:07 AM
I got the same thing as kallen and lynus, but it does work everything is in the game. so thanks very much. i hated the launcher and now i can play more instead of spending too much time installing.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lynus
I have the same "problem" as KallenR2 but it actually isn't a problem because the file is installed and works. I have XP 64 bits and Framework 3.5, 3.0 and 2.0

http://i25.tinypic.com/1ytrwn.jpg
After installing, something on the bottom left appears that can't be read because it's cut off.

I'm having the same exact problem. I honestly didn't even realize there was a rename option until reading about it here. XD

I have Vista 64x, and I have its version of .Net 2.0 installed.
Test Subject
#47 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 1:36 AM
The program is running on Windows 7 64 bit. However, the rename button at bottom left is cut off of the window. .NET versions 1,2,3 & 3.5 are installed. It runs with or without compatibility modes.

It works fine though and I can easily rename the packages.

TY very much.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 3:37 AM
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I've been missing since your last one! Now I can download a lot of stuff without dreading the launcher. :D
Test Subject
#49 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 6:03 AM
I'm a little confused. There is no rename option. I can only select the two folders and then install.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 7:19 AM Last edited by matildarose : 16th Aug 2009 at 6:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nachtfalkin
I'm a little confused. There is no rename option. I can only select the two folders and then install.

There's currently a bug that makes the bottom part of the window become obscured for some of us- that's probably what's effecting you too.
Page 2 of 28