Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Grow

by Consort Posted 7th Nov 2012 at 5:03 AM - Updated 20th Sep 2013 at 1:11 AM by Consort

363 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 184 Feedback Posts, 178 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 15
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#76 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 10:23 PM
This is something I've always wanted since TS2. I can't believe you made this! WOWOWOWOW!! I can't download it at the moment, but when I have time, I'll check it out, and report back.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#77 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 10:28 PM
This is so unbelievable, and makes for a much more realistic game! Thank you seems so lame. I can't imagine the hours it took to create this. EA, are you creeping the forums? Do you see how wonderful the modders out here are? Sure, they came up with the game, but w/o the modders, I would have stopped playing years ago. This is awesome!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#78 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
Thanks And thanks for your penis mod, I learned a lot from reading that code

I thought of that solution, the problem is that my mod adjusts more than just the custom height slider (which I could simply set to 0 to "undo" it) but also things like bust and weight and fitness and penis size - all values that could get inherited and which have to be retrieved from the baby's unmodded parents in order to successfully "repair" them perfectly.
That's probably feasible but I didn't bother implementing it yet as full support for teen pregnancies

I see what you mean!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#79 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 1:11 AM
Wow, very inovative mod. Never think of this before.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#80 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 3:41 AM
Wow! I was just browsing the Downloads page when I found this! It looks AWESOME! In fact I have the same excitement about this that I did when the Seasons patch was released!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#81 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 4:24 AM
Oh my gosh, I'm so impressed! I won't be testing this since my games already a bit iffy but I will be downloading it asap once the bugs have been cleared. Fantastic work, this is truly remarkable!
Field Researcher
#82 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 4:48 AM
I just have one tiny suggestion: there should be a way to disable the notifications for the mod in the tuning. I really hate it when mods constantly throw performance logs at me, and I have them disabled for all my other mods.
Instructor
#83 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 6:33 AM
@Consort

Too amazing!!! Do you have any plan for male and female height differences?
Test Subject
#84 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 9:07 AM
This is absolutely awesome! :mrgreen:
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 9:13 AM
This is quite interesting. I like the idea of Sims actually growing and having a 'pubescence'. Well done! I'm really looking forward to testing it.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#86 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 11:11 AM
Wow, you're a genius!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#87 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CzerwonyKaktus
It is probably causing animation issues when interacting with some objects and other sims. Am I right?

Yes, there is some mild "clipping". I would say most animations work perfectly but there are some notorious problems, for example with short and tall teens kissing and missing each others mouths.
It's a question of taste and playing habit how much clipping you're fine with.

Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
@Consort
Too amazing!!! Do you have any plan for male and female height differences?

No, didn't have a plan for that so far.
You mean something like... male teens grow to 105% height, females 95% and then stay like that for the rest of their life? One annoying side effect would be the clipping while kissing I mentioned above.

Quote: Originally posted by martlet
Can you make this mod for toddlers as well?

Quote: Originally posted by Gianni Caruso
Do you think it would be possible to extend this to toddlers?

I'm asking because I believe that the toddler age is where your sims would grow most (let's say real age between 2 and 6 years old) and where your mod would contribute to fill the huge gap in sims between toddler and child. It would be very cool if toddlers would grow as soon as they learned to walk.

Right, Toddlers...
Toddlers don't work so well with the height slider. That's the main reason they are not included.
I'm not sure if this can be fixed, toddlers are involved in some complicated Sim to Sim interactions like being picked up and snuggled taught to walk etc.
Test Subject
#88 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 9:37 PM
I absolutely can't wait to try it out!! But seeing as it's still in testing (or version 0), I won't be getting it this version, but I will be watching this so I can get it a few versions down the line. Great Job

†<¤ℑ£§§¥¤>†
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#89 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 10:45 PM
This is something EA should have put in the game from the beginning.
Great mod Consort
Test Subject
#90 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 10:56 PM
Downloaded it, and I'm happy to help test for issues. And with clipping, is it REALLY that noticeable. And wouldn't the whole age group mature at the same rate, or no?

Evil beware, we have waffles.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#91 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 11:43 PM
Sry forgot to answer
Quote: Originally posted by Zerbu
I just have one tiny suggestion: there should be a way to disable the notifications for the mod in the tuning. I really hate it when mods constantly throw performance logs at me, and I have them disabled for all my other mods.

Good idea. The mod shouldn't be all that chatty once it's running though.

Quote: Originally posted by Jayson422
Downloaded it, and I'm happy to help test for issues. And with clipping, is it REALLY that noticeable. And wouldn't the whole age group mature at the same rate, or no?

Clipping: See it with your own eyes Bloom's slider is doing an excellent job imho.
Aging: Every Sim has an age (measured in days) within his age span. You can see that in in the age bar of your actives. The mod just takes that age in relation to the age span you have set up and calculates what the Sim should look like.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#92 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 12:12 AM
Since I am indeed a huge noob, I'm not gonna get this in my game yet; BUT! This is a really innovative mod and I'm very impressed with it c:

Good luck on working out the kinks and stuff!!
Retired
retired moderator THANKS POST
#93 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 12:30 AM
I don't plan on using this, but I just want to say: Very impressive in both concept and execution. I hope this develops and it's very cool. It'll make some simmers very happy.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 5:37 AM
I am Uber scared to try this, but i am in love with this i have a height slider so will the sims start growing from the size i make them or like glitch out? Please message me back Glad someone could do this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 12:45 PM
Very cool! Thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#96 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 4:14 PM
What an awesome mod, I darent touch it though, too complex for me :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 4:24 PM
Thanks a lot for this mod. I did also face the problem of the invisible sims, so I downloaded that mod too. See if it helps, because the mod is really GREAT!
Test Subject
#98 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 4:54 PM
Wow, definitely testing this. Just a quick question, though, does anyone know if it affects the inherited height of the child? Say if you use a mod that makes a surprisingly tall child, would this mod override that? :O
Test Subject
#99 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 6:04 PM
This is an absolutely amazing idea. However, is there anyone who knows how this impacts performance (especially on low end machines)? Is there a lag spike when all sims update at one?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#100 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 7:47 PM
been watching my child sim grow and I must report smooth sailing so far. I haven't had any lags during the nightly updates, no crashing, and the kids growing at normal lifespan looks unnoticable untill you compare. Flipping awesome and loving it, four more sim days till testing teenagedom.
Page 4 of 15