- Then click on Resource > Import > From File, select the PaintingSkillDB.xml file you just saved, S3PE will import the file
- Choose where you want to add the painting (small, medium, large), for this tutorial I will show adding a large painting. So I scrolled down until I found the large painting list. I copied the listing for the first Level 10 Painting:
- Repeat for as many Paintings as you wish to add. You can add Paintings for any level, just remember what you named them, you're going to need that information later.
- Once you have finished adding paintings names to the PaintingSkillDB.xml, you can save the package to your working folder. Name it something you can identify later, ie New Paintings.package, etc.
- Now you need to extract one of the paintings from FullBuild2.package. So open the FullBuild2.package in S3PE, scroll down to find the painting listings. Right click on the painting, click on Export > To Package. In this example, I'm adding large paintings, so I scroll down to the large paintings and export one of them to my new package, doesn't matter which painting you choose.
- Once you have exported the painting to your new package, you can close the FullBuild2.package
- Now open your new package, you should see 3 things listed: the Key, PaintingSkillDB, and the image you just exported.
- Right Click on the _img in your package, Click on "Details"
- Tick the box for "Use resource name", you'll notice the "Name" box is now unlocked
- Type in the name you gave your new painting in the xml file, in this example I used 10_4_Large. NOTE: this must match what you put in the xml file or your painting wont show up.
- Click on the FNV64 button to generate the new hash - 0x22F860A2D92F6B23
- Click on the "OK" button
- Now if you added more than one painting, Right Click on the _img, then choose Duplicate. Repeat this for as many paintings as you added. So if you added 5 paintings, then you need to use duplicate 4 times, so there are 5 _img listed.
- Repeat steps 14-18 for each of the duplicates
- Once you're done adding the new paintings, Save your new package
- Right click on the DDS (_img), choose Export > To File, repeat for each DDS (_img) resource in your package.
[*] - Change the 10_1_Large to 10_4_Large. If you do not wish to create the various trait variations, simply remove those lines from the code:
So I am wondering, I want to add some paintings using this extremely useful guide, really thanks, super clear and helpful ^^
but with these I have various that are personality based limited and have no base painting
can one set that up as well or is a base really required?