Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#28951 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 4:16 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Dec 2021 at 4:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Downloading and installing the UC is super easy compared to installing it from discs, and you of course wouldn't install from discs if you were going to do that. I'm not sure what you mean by "download everything", everything you need comes in the zip, you don't install it piecemeal the way you do with the discs because it's a complete repackage.

Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Hmm, okay. I didn't realize that. Does that mean I don't have to patch the game either?

The original UC from Origin is patched. Anyrhing based on this version should be patched, too.
It does need a small fix for the holiday pack if you want those items to work properly, but other than that it should be ready to use.
http://sunradersims.com/2020/11/fix...-holiday-items/

There's a few supposed "UCs" based on the CDs, but those may or may not be patched.

(I only have experience with regular CDs, and the official UC which I use with a no-CD/Origin patch - mostly due to having a way to not have to deal with Origin in TS2 when that thing is such a major annoyance for TS4 ).
Advertisement
Alchemist
#28952 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 5:29 AM
I tried the Claybee playground set...sadly, the recols for playground equipment flash blue in neighborhood view. They looked fine in Buy Mode.
I didn't try everything, but certainly the slide and lookout tower had this problem. I have a recolour from a different creator which is fine, so it must be something about the Claybee set. Anyone know how to fix it?

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Alchemist
#28953 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 7:42 AM
Kestrellyn You were right--it was super easy. Took way more effort to find a good copy and clear instructions, but the install itself was painless! I kinda can't believe that. I've spent hours on reinstalls before... Anyway, now I just gotta figure out where all my mods in Program Files go. (is that Fun with Pets\SP9 ?) Thanks to you and simmer22 for your help.

aelflaed, I think it has something to do with the recolors not having all the resources. Or perhaps it wasn't updated for seasons? Either way, I can find a few threads discussing similar issues, but I can't find a tutorial on fixing it.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
#28954 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 8:22 AM
Random question: When you make a playable sim into a townie, do they lose their memories? I am trying to figure out at which point did this happen to one of my university sims. She graduated, I moved her in, and together with other graduates turned into townies. A few sim days later, I moved her in with a playable, but her memories are not all there. Important to note I have no townie memory loss on move in. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#28955 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The original UC from Origin is patched. Anyrhing based on this version should be patched, too.
It does need a small fix for the holiday pack if you want those items to work properly, but other than that it should be ready to use.
http://sunradersims.com/2020/11/fix...-holiday-items/

There's a few supposed "UCs" based on the CDs, but those may or may not be patched.

(I only have experience with regular CDs, and the official UC which I use with a no-CD/Origin patch - mostly due to having a way to not have to deal with Origin in TS2 when that thing is such a major annoyance for TS4 ).

What is the difference between sunraders fix and moonkistsims fix? It does not matter which one you choose, right?

https://moonkistsims.tumblr.com/pos...-happy-holidays

And on a related note, which hairstyles come with the holiday pack?
Inventor
#28956 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 1:18 PM
Is it easy to make deco objects stackable in SimPE?
Mad Poster
#28957 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 1:48 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Dec 2021 at 2:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
Is it easy to make deco objects stackable in SimPE?

You have to add a deco slot to the object you want to stack.
https://modthesims.info/t/387275
https://hugelunatic.com/151/
(both tutorials are by Hugelunatic, so you can pick one)

Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
What is the difference between sunraders fix and moonkistsims fix? It does not matter which one you choose, right?
And on a related note, which hairstyles come with the holiday pack?

It's possible they're the same fix. I've seen both, I just tend to remember Sunrader's mod more easily.
It's the elf hairs, santa hats, and probably a few others. I rarely use them, and I think they've been half-hidden in my CD game, too. Or maybe they only show up under custom hairs in CAS or some such. Some of the clothes are cute, especially for holiday photos.

Anyway, now I just gotta figure out where all my mods in Program Files go. (is that Fun with Pets\SP9 ?)

It depends what kind of mods they are. Most tend to go in FWP/SP9 (and some or another folder in there), but a few go in the BG folder, so you may have to look them up, unless you've kept a note of where they used to be in your old game.
Mad Poster
#28958 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 6:27 PM Last edited by Debby1957 : 9th Dec 2021 at 6:41 PM.
[QUOTE=Phantomknight]Kestrellyn You were right--it was super easy. Took way more effort to find a good copy and clear instructions, but the install itself was painless! I kinda can't believe that. I've spent hours on reinstalls before... Anyway, now I just gotta figure out where all my mods in Program Files go. (is that Fun with Pets\SP9 ?) Thanks to you and simmer22 for your help.

I have UC. Mine are in, Fun With Pets/EP 4/TSDATA/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate
Mad Poster
#28959 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 6:59 PM
Kestrellyn You were right--it was super easy. Took way more effort to find a good copy and clear instructions, but the install itself was painless! I kinda can't believe that. I've spent hours on reinstalls before... Anyway, now I just gotta figure out where all my mods in Program Files go. (is that Fun with Pets\SP9 ?) Thanks to you and simmer22 for your help.

aelflaed, I think it has something to do with the recolors not having all the resources. Or perhaps it wasn't updated for seasons? Either way, I can find a few threads discussing similar issues, but I can't find a tutorial on fixing it.

Yes, the M&G program files are in Fun with Pets/SP9.
Mad Poster
#28960 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 9:23 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Dec 2021 at 9:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Debby1957
I have UC. Mine are in, Fun With Pets/EP4/TSDATA/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate

Just curious, but why do you have mods in there?
(Other than things like clean/empty premade templates, I mean)

----

Rebinning mods (and similar) tend to go in one of these:
\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins (objects)
\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins (CAS)

Some mods might need to be placed here:
\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Overrides

CEPextras are here, and in the Downloads folder - they often have two files, one for each folder.
\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog

But always follow instructions for the individual mods.

Light mods have special instructions, a bit all over the place.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#28961 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
I tried the Claybee playground set...sadly, the recols for playground equipment flash blue in neighborhood view. They looked fine in Buy Mode.
I didn't try everything, but certainly the slide and lookout tower had this problem. I have a recolour from a different creator which is fine, so it must be something about the Claybee set. Anyone know how to fix it?

There is a fix for the UC playground stuff to show in hood view (no idea where it came from), so those recolors were probably made without that fix in. To fix it you would need to add the txmt and txtr for lod90 to each recolor package. Well, you could just add the txmt and point to the txtr in the recolor package.
Mad Poster
#28962 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
There is a fix for the UC playground stuff to show in hood view (no idea where it came from)

That may be from Lee? (LeeFish) I know she fixed the Basketball Hoop...

Yup... try this: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5964

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#28963 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 4:44 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies--yeah, it's the bin, override, and catalog folders that I need. I've a few defaults/mods/overrides that go in there.

And @UnfocusedBunny, I think it's when you make the sim a townie. Now, I'm not 100% sure; I'm just going off of gut & personal experience. I have a no townie loss mod like you, and sims usually do keep memories when they move in. But the one time I made some sims townies to be workers in some businesses, I noticed that their inventories had reset and I had to give them prisoner tags all over again, even though I did that before I made them townies. At the time, I don't remember noticing if there were changes to their memories, but they were fresh out of CAS, so that's probably why I didn't take any notes on that. And seeing as there are probably more simmers moving townies in, rather than making them townies, I'd can see how that'd be a mod oversight. But again, not 100%. You can test it though.

Oh, but another thing to check is the mod you're using. If you're using Squinge's, maybe that's the problem? Not sure if you can revert to a backup, but if you can, try it with No More Sims Memories Clear by Alexx58, which is the mod I switched to a while back. It also specifically mentions preventing amnesia upon moving in/out with a teleporter. Now, a few simmers mentioned getting duplicate marriage and engagement memories, and, I have had that happen sometimes, though I didn't realize it was that mod doing it. But we've Aaroneous' Memory Manipulator now, so I'll recommend that, too, in case it does happen to you, so you can get rid of any duplicate memories in game.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Alchemist
#28964 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
There is a fix for the UC playground stuff to show in hood view (no idea where it came from), so those recolors were probably made without that fix in. To fix it you would need to add the txmt and txtr for lod90 to each recolor package. Well, you could just add the txmt and point to the txtr in the recolor package.

That sounds likely. Obviously I have the fix already, or I wouldn't see the problem. I can have a look in SimPE and see if I can figure it out, now I have some guidance.
They're nice recolours, but I can't be having with flashing blue!

Thanks, HL and PhantomKnight.

Scholar
#28965 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 9:43 PM
CJH_Lod90-Fixes (47.1 kB) https://simfileshare.net/download/983300/
Field Researcher
#28966 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 3:38 AM
By the time somebody answers, it'll probably be too late, but... using cheats, how do I reroll wants and fears? I've got this stupid persistent "Have a Baby" fear even though he's a family sim and not even about to become an elder.
Alchemist
#28967 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 4:01 AM
Good to see you @Chris Hatch! I know a couple of us here were a little worried when we didn't see you log in for a while.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#28968 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 4:12 AM
Well, I used boolprop and clicked on an unrelated fear. Surprisingly, it worked. Now I was hoping to see the animation for toddler cuddling kitten, but it gets rejected every time. lol I don't suppose there's a way to build their relationship before trying it, is there? Probably not worth it, as the kitten stage is so short anyway.
Alchemist
#28969 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 4:21 AM
Oh, sorry @Neverwinter_Knight77, totally forgot I meant to answer your question! I'm doing like 3 things at once. Good that you figured it out! But in case for next time/someone else, with boolprop on, you should be able to control + click a want/fear away, and then with cheats, if your mod item has an aspiration section (like the sim blender, bat box, sim manipulator, etc.) there should be an option to reset wants and fears. That's also available on the Sim Modder, which you can spawn after using boolprop. Anyway doing that will force reroll all the non-locked wants and fears--but there's no guarantee sims won't roll the same wants again.

aka Kelyns | she/her
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28970 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 7:02 AM
@Chris Hatch Welcome back, we missed you!
Top Secret Researcher
#28971 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 9:30 AM
@Chris Hatch is awesome, he literally just made a mod for my problem one time. Unless it was already made but it was a very niche problem and the mod suited perfectly.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Test Subject
#28972 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 10:29 AM
@Phantomknight thank you very much, will try!
Lab Assistant
#28973 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 7:28 PM
Herb Oldie, on his lifespan, it says that he is 2 days old, when in reality, he is an elder.
Is this a sign of corruption?
Alchemist
#28974 Old 13th Dec 2021 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
CJH_Lod90-Fixes (47.1 kB) https://simfileshare.net/download/983300/

@Chris Hatch
Was that for me? I have your playground file already, which is probably why those recolours went blue.

Mad Poster
#28975 Old 13th Dec 2021 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
Herb Oldie, on his lifespan, it says that he is 2 days old, when in reality, he is an elder.
Is this a sign of corruption?

No; it's just a glitch. Probably he's been an elder for two days.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 1159 of 1346