Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 3:02 PM Last edited by jslaw : 17th Sep 2022 at 3:30 AM.
How Can I Upload Mods for Sims 4 on MAC AIR (Origin)
I have recently purchased a Mac book and downloaded Origin and am currently playing Sims 4 through Origin. My old laptop crashed and that is the only way I can play the game (through Origin) on my Mac and I want my mods back! I want to be able to use mods/CC but am unable to locate the file to store the mods under. Please help me! Thank you!

Edit- I was able to locate these files, but unable to find where to place the mods
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jslaw
I have recently purchased a Mac book and downloaded Origin and am currently playing Sims 4 through Origin. My old laptop crashed and that is the only way I can play the game (through Origin) on my Mac and I want my mods back! I want to be able to use mods/CC but am unable to locate the file to store the mods under. Please help me! Thank you!

I don't know if this will work w/your Mac Book, but at least w/my regular pc on this site, click on the file you want and then on the Download tab (pic 1) and then on the file link (I chose a mod that I downloaded) (pic 2). This will bring up your zip program, which ever one you use (I use Win Zip). Then choose where to extract it (in WinZIP there is a folder at the top 2nd from the left called "Extract To." This will bring up a window similar to Explorer (or file explorer) when you click on it. In the right panel, click on the plus sign next to Libraries then Documents, then Electronic Arts, then Sims 4, then Mods, then OK at the bottom. You can close out the program after that and your file will be ready to use in the game. As I said though, this is for the pc and not Mac Book. Yours could be different.

Edit: If you d/l from TSR, you'll have to select the "open in folder" option on your task bar and then drag the file to the proper location. As far as I know, this is only for TSR, I don't know about other sites.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sonshine
I don't know if this will work w/your Mac Book, but at least w/my regular pc on this site, click on the file you want and then on the Download tab (pic 1) and then on the file link (I chose a mod that I downloaded) (pic 2). This will bring up your zip program, which ever one you use (I use Win Zip). Then choose where to extract it (in WinZIP there is a folder at the top 2nd from the left called "Extract To." This will bring up a window similar to Explorer (or file explorer) when you click on it. In the right panel, click on the plus sign next to Libraries then Documents, then Electronic Arts, then Sims 4, then Mods, then OK at the bottom. You can close out the program after that and your file will be ready to use in the game. As I said though, this is for the pc and not Mac Book. Yours could be different.

Edit: If you d/l from TSR, you'll have to select the "open in folder" option on your task bar and then drag the file to the proper location. As far as I know, this is only for TSR, I don't know about other sites.

I have the mods I wanted downloaded, I just am unsure where I can put them for them to be in the game. I can only see 'Origin' in my downloads and tried to locate a place to add mods in Origin but can not seem to find anything. I have searched several forums and can not find the answer . I think the issue is I am playing it through Origin?