Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2022 at 11:01 AM
Default Has anyone ever seen this? 2 Clothing Bugs
Hello,
my child aged into a teenager and got as random clothes a pyjama as everyday clothes. First, I did not pay attention because I was distracted by the birthday party. When I finally noticed it, I wanted to change her clothes. The symbol is that of a costum clothe, instead of a sim pack. I went to CAS and Body Shop but the pyjama is not in the everday category, nonetheless a random teenager in CAS got the pyjama as everday clothes.
The second problem is a difference between the skin and the special sew machine dress (Teenager female, 75 Simoleons). A family friend sewed two diffrent dresses and gave them to the father who gave it to his daughter. Both dresses have the problem that they change the body skin. When you take a look at the second picture, you can clearly see the diffrence between the face/neck and the rest of the sim.

Did anyone else ever had one or both of the problems? What is the cause?

Thank you.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Oct 2022 at 11:41 AM
First one could be an outfit with a missing mesh, likely one cloned from a pajama and recategorized. They'll usually show up as EAxis outfits in the catalog. I think that particular outfit is already a teen outfit, or I'd be more likely to think it was a custom conversion (not de-customized).

Second one - can be an issue with the bump map, or in the TXMT. Could also be the same issue that causes the bright CAS bug (if you don't have the fix by LD), as the issue can appear on outfits and hairs out of CAS too, but it's usually not this visible. I never use the sewing machine outfits, so haven't noticed this before. If it is a common bug there could already be a fix, though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2022 at 2:25 PM
@simmer22 Thank you very much for your reply! I do not know if this is an important information, but I do and did not have any downloaded clothes in my current game. Your explanation with the missing mesh sounds logical, how can I solve this problem? How could the mesh go missing?

To the second problem, I have to admit I do not really know what a bump map or TXMT is. You are right, I have the bright CAS Bug. I did not fix it yet because I design my sims in Body Shop and do not use it much, so I forgot about it. That is a very good idea and I will try out if the fix solves this issue as well. I will try it out as soon as I‘m back home later and I will report back after.
I don‘t have much experience with the sewing hobby clothes as well. My first step was to search the internet, but I could not find a well-known bug nor someone with the same problem and therefore there seams to be no fix.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Oct 2022 at 11:56 PM
If there is an outfit with a star, there's something registering it as custom in your game. If it's that spesific outfit, and not a missing mesh, it could for instance be a recategorizing mod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 7:35 PM
In regard of the second problem:
After I spend very much time experimenting, there is some progress. I fixed the bright CAS Bug. First it did not change anything in regard of my second problem BUT after that, I repeated to remove my download folder and put it back step by step. The result is my default skin replacement seems to be the problem. Without it the dress is shown correctly. I already redownloaded it, but the problem is back again. I wonder why. With all the adult female + male, senior male, toddler female and child female sewing machine clothes there wasn`t any problem with the default skin. With this new information, is there a way to fix it? Or am I forced to choose between my default skins and the teen femal special sewing dresses? I tought about reporting this issue to the creator of the default skins to find out if this is only my problem or a general problem. Would that be wise? The Creator has her own site, a lot of great professional CC and her default skin set is very popular. But I think most players don`t use the sewing machine dresses, perhapse this is why no one noticed it before? I don`t know if it is allowed to say the name of her site in the thread, I thought maybe I could find someone who could futher look into it or even would be willing to test it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If there is an outfit with a star, there's something registering it as custom in your game. If it's that spesific outfit, and not a missing mesh, it could for instance be a recategorizing mod.

In regard of the first problem:
I doublechecked every single everyday outfit in CAS and Body Shop for female Teenager but each oufit is shown correctly. The sleepwear outfit which my teen got as a everyday outfit has in CAS and Body Shop the correct pack symbol. This is why I think your right with the assumption that it is not a missing mesh.

I have one new observation which could indicate the same problem: when I clicked "build Sims" in Body Shop, the first random male sim had Bigfoot( ) hair and facial hair. As you know, it is not selectable in hair or facial hair. Does that indicate a problem?

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st Oct 2022 at 12:08 AM
Do you have any unhiders, recategorizers or other such mods in any of these folders? Usually the latest EP (or M&G) folder or the BG folder?
[install location]\[EP location]\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
[install location]\[EP location]\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins

Recategorizing and/or unhiding mods in the regular Downloads folder would also count.

I think I've seen the bigfoot beard appear on CAS sims randomly from time to time (not sure about the hair). I don't think it's selectable by default, but there could be some setting that only partially hides it from being assigned to a sim. Beards don't normally get assigned to sims when they grow up (not without a mod or without editing the spesific items), so you wouldn't see it on-lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 7:15 PM
Do you have any unhiders, recategorizers or other such mods in any of these folders? Usually the latest EP (or M&G) folder or the BG folder?
[install location]\[EP location]\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
[install location]\[EP location]\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins

Recategorizing and/or unhiding mods in the regular Downloads folder would also count.

I think I've seen the bigfoot beard appear on CAS sims randomly from time to time (not sure about the hair). I don't think it's selectable by default, but there could be some setting that only partially hides it from being assigned to a sim. Beards don't normally get assigned to sims when they grow up (not without a mod or without editing the spesific items), so you wouldn't see it on-lot.

I never downloaded any unhiders, recategorizers or other such mods. My only mods are a pet pregnancy controller fix, a shadow fix and the bright CAS bug fix.
I checked TSData/Res/Catalog of M&G. The first Screenshot shows the result for bins and the second for skins. Which EP is BG?

I am relieved that it seems to be normal to get Bigfoot hair in CAS from time to time. One worry less.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 7:28 PM
BG is basegame.

It can also be default replacements of some sort. These can occasionally make the star show.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 8:13 PM
BG is basegame.

It can also be default replacements of some sort. These can occasionally make the star show.

Oh basegame. I checked it yet. First screenshot bins and second skins. I already removed my download folder but the star is still there.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 10:19 PM
Another place to check for CC is in Saved Sims. This is definitely a CC problem. I've seen the bigfoot hair issue before, I think it was from a missing mesh or texture.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Another place to check for CC is in Saved Sims. This is definitely a CC problem. I've seen the bigfoot hair issue before, I think it was from a missing mesh or texture.

I already removed my Saved Sims folder along with my download folder, the star is still there.

I am confused, is the bigfoot hair a sign for an issue or not? Simmer22 said: I think I've seen the bigfoot beard appear on CAS sims randomly from time to time (not sure about the hair). I don't think it's selectable by default, but there could be some setting that only partially hides it from being assigned to a sim.

I am so sorry for the late answer, I had a lot of work and stress and had no time for Sims.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 8:16 AM
There is a fix for the sewing machine outfit. https://modthesims.info/d/280949/fi...ng-machine.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Nov 2022 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
There is a fix for the sewing machine outfit. https://modthesims.info/d/280949/fi...ng-machine.html

OMG Thank you so much!! Now I know it is not the fault of my default replacement skin. I was looking for a fix, but could not find it. One of the two problems is solved now, I am so happy .

And of course, thank you to everyone else who tries to help me!