Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2022 at 11:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Where is the Man's Hut ?
It's in Sims Castaway Stories, Felicity Island. I've playing since pretty much, forever. I always put my single females sims in the Women's hut, as a pre-teen i tried to find a male version but couldn't anywhere...

So one day, while browsing the Sims Wikia, I found out that there is indeed a Male's hut. I booted up the game again to try to find it( the wiki doesn't have much information apart from a pic) using the article as clue, but I stil didn't find it. I don't know if it is a translation thing( I play the game on the Brazilian Portuguese version) that for some reason deleted the whole lot, but I just cannot find it anywhere if you guys could be so kind to tell me where it is, preference with a screenshot and a few points of references, I would be IMMENSELY thankfull( managing sims in this neighborhood is kinda tricky so I would appreciate having one more lot)

Thank you very much for reading!!! <3
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 12:55 PM
Default Really disappointed
Always admired the Modthesims's community, every time I had a problem with the games I just googled it and there were always someone's else's thread with the same problem and most of the time, precisely answered by a very supportive and understanding user (sometimes a multitude of them).

Guess I didn't had the same luck and care...

To every foreigner who find this thread and is having the same problem with Castaway, know that there is a bug on the game (don't know if it is in all languages, I tested on the Brazilian-Portuguese version only) that makes the Men's hut disappear. I installed the game in another PC in English, finished it and for my- not- surprise, the family's lot was there (in a clearing, next to either the Woman's hut or the Heimata's, can't remember, I stopped playing).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunez2509
Always admired the Modthesims's community, every time I had a problem with the games I just googled it and there were always someone's else's thread with the same problem and most of the time, precisely answered by a very supportive and understanding user (sometimes a multitude of them).

Guess I didn't had the same luck and care...

We weren't deliberately being mean, we just didn't know the answer! I don't have Castaway installed.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 5:12 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 31st Dec 2022 at 2:57 PM.
Maybe the topic was quickly buried under other topics and those who could've answered you just didn't see it or weren't on here for a few days and never got the chance to. This can happen.

Like you found out, this seems to be a bug with a particular version of the game, and possibly not a bug a lot of people would notice, another reason being you have to play through the entire Story part to get to the part of the game where that lot shows and is playable. The answers you would've gotten could've been unhelpful in that they'd pointed you toward where the hut was supposed to be, but you'd not be able to find anything there, leading to more frustration.

I have Castaway, but haven't played the game in at least 10 years, so any help would've been scrapped together from the Wiki and some very rough memories (the Wiki does have some info on the hut but doesn't mention the bug, so it's probably an issue with just a few or only that version of the game). Honestly, can't even remember those huts, and only vaguely the sims being part of the storyline (I think?)...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Dec 2022 at 2:54 PM
I also haven't played Castaway Stories for about 15 years! I don't even remember a male/female hut.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 31st Dec 2022 at 9:22 PM
@Lunez2509 I haven't played Castaway in years and I think this may be the case for many of us here. If your question had been about the sims 2 I bet you would have had multiple answers. Nothing to do with care, we simply don't know the answer any more than you do.
Sorry your game is bugged, I know mine was too, but it was a different bug and I could never finish the story.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st Dec 2022 at 10:20 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 31st Dec 2022 at 10:31 PM.
I remember finishing the story and playing in story mode, but never had any interest in those huts (honestly can't remember which lot I played with). I just wanted to play family with the main sim... It was back when I was making a ton of baby outfits for regular TS2, and I'd just figured out I could add CC to Castaway, so I had some fun with making Castaway-themed baby outfits. Honestly, that's really all that was on my mind. I still have the pictures --> 1, 2, 3

But yeah - this was back in 2010 (according to the pictures), and I don't think I've played the game since then.

I've seen the occasional simmer play Castaway or the Stories games from time to time, but I doubt they're played as much as the regular game, much due to the constraints on the story mode, lack of EPs, and so forth. They're fun for a while, but when you have to play through the entire story to get through to freeplay, and the stories are much the same each time, it can get a bit tedious when the full game has access to freeplay immediately.