Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2022 at 7:23 AM
Default Is there a way to fix corrupted CC files?
I have a hairstyle (download here) that I really want to use, but can't because it's corrupted.

Unable to start: 60c399f9:29f00e76:00000000:4b0d852b

Is there any known way of fixing corrupted CC files so that they work again?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2022 at 12:22 PM
First you got to be sure the hair is for TS4 and not for TS2 or TS3, otherwise anything incompatible with give you a start error.

If it is for TS4, without any knowledge of Sim4Studio and Blender there is no magic wand to fix it, but best bet to first see if the hair is even viewable in S4Studio or CASTools, etc, if it is, then you could just extract the meshes and re-clone it from other hair.
Scholar
#3 Old 1st Nov 2022 at 5:41 AM
Well the link you posted to the hairstyle shows a big red flag in my Antivirus and Internet Security software so I wont be checking that hair for you. Did you go back to the original creator and leave them a comment?
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Nov 2022 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
Well the link you posted to the hairstyle shows a big red flag in my Antivirus and Internet Security software so I wont be checking that hair for you. Did you go back to the original creator and leave them a comment?

Iirc I told them that the hair was broken, and asked them if I had permission to clone the hair in order to fix it, since their TOU is "Don't use my edited mesh/textures as a Base without consent."