Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2022 at 7:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SimPE shows the names of premades in local names instead of installed version of the game, can it be fixed?
So my Sims 2 is downloaded from Origin - so UC. I installed it in english and I often sit in SimPE, but one thing bothers me - the names are all in my local language. So when I look for a specific sim, special since I've had problems with NPCs seeking a custom skin (I have no custom skin installed or ever had since my disc version), I often end up wanting to fix their skin. The problem is then that not all NPCs have a picture in SimPE - So I have a hard time finding the NPCs effected by this strange bug.

Which wouldn't have been a problem, if the name in SimPE matched the in-game name... but it doesn't.

My SimPE is installed in english, but the names for premades sims and any spawned get a danishfied version of it... Which sometimes makes it really hard finding the NPC I'm seeking. Special when it's picture won't load either. This mostly effect Landlord, matchmakers, drivers and some other NPCs, but doesn't effect maids and bartenders and such. They usually aren't hit by the strange bug either.

I'm just curious if the names can be changed to the same as in game without I having to sit through every single one of them?
Or Am I forever just screwed over? I can't use Sims 2 if I change my locale because it was installed through Origin (It refuse to show saves and all that jazz if I do, because I used to have my locale in Japan for certain reasons and sometimes still change it to Japan bc of another program I use for some music stuff)

If there is no fix it will forever drive my brain crazy for not being the same. I can fix the premades bc I know their english names, but those without pictures are hard to fix because I don't know who they are.

I build small houses *^*
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Nov 2022 at 8:51 PM
Just change SimPE's language to match your game's language.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Nov 2022 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Just change SimPE's language to match your game's language.

But SimPE is in English

It's only the named of the sims which isn't

I build small houses *^*
Instructor
#4 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 5:42 PM
This may be a stupid question, in which case you can tell me it's a stupid question . I just wonder: is there any chance you are looking at the game's own files (In the location where the game is installed) and not your user files (in My Documents)?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 11:33 PM
There are two different Englishes, "English" (which is British English) and "English (US)". If it's in the wrong one, the names will be different.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Nov 2022 at 1:32 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 21st Nov 2022 at 1:46 AM.
You can set the default language for SimPE in Extra / Preferences /SimPE Settings thus:

To set it to US English, choose the first item in the list (0x01 - English).
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.