Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#51 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 2:25 AM
Heather, then your program is not saving the BMP file into the projects folder, or the name got changed somehow. Go look in your projects folder. Use 'filmstrip' mode if you can and look at the files there. Is your changed outfit graphic there? If so, is it named correctly?

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 3:23 AM
Thank you very much. I didn't have a clue about recoloring properly. You'll tutorial is easy and nice.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 11:56 PM
This tutorial is excellent!

Hey fellow simmers, I'm not here at the moment. I've left the simming community for other hobbies in life. Eventually I will be back. Until then, don't expect any of your questions to be answered. Until I come back....

Happy simming!
Test Subject
#54 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 1:25 PM
Hello!
I made some kind of misstake cause the skin on my sim has become pink as the dress I recolured!!
How do I make the skin skin coloured again!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#55 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 2:28 AM
Hmm, you must have done something to the ALPHA file. That file you shouldn't touch, it is black and white and controls what part of the outfit shows outfit and what part shows sim skin. delete your recolor and start over to fix it.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#56 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 1:46 PM
Oh okey thank you!!
Test Subject
#57 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 8:03 PM
Thank you so much for this tutorial! I just made my first recolor. Me, the girl who never thought she'd be able to make Sims downloads herself! Can't wait to check otu your more advanced tutorials!
Test Subject
#58 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 8:03 AM
Wow, that helped out so much, thank you!! :D
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 4:02 PM
Thx sooo much
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 4:02 PM
Thx sooo much
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 4:02 PM
Thx sooo much!!
Test Subject
#62 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 1:43 AM
Hey, great tutorial, it helped alot. I followed the directions and got exactly what I wanted. (: Thanks a bunch!
Test Subject
#63 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 12:11 AM
I need a body shop...HELP!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 2:54 PM
Thanks for this tutorial, it was really helpful.
Test Subject
#65 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 3:44 AM
Thanks for the tutorial-have been wanting to learn for awhile!
Test Subject
#66 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 2:16 AM
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! I was lost on how to do this for about 32 hours lol. ^_^

The Muffin Queen
Lives in Muffin Land
OMG
someone ATE the Muffin Kingdom O_O
Test Subject
#67 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 10:24 PM
YAY! it worked!!! I've finally mastered the art of recoloring! Many thanks to you!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#68 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 10:28 AM
Congrats, Kung fu pancakes, although I'd say you've scratched the surface of recoloring with this tutorial. Keep going, Faylen has like 4 or 5 recoloring tutorials

Field Researcher
#69 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 4:36 AM
OK, after following the tutorial I got exactly what I wanted, fixing a previous botch. (THANK YOU!!! Finally one simple enough for my tiny brain!) However, I have one question: is there a way to OVERWRITE the original file instead of importing a new package into the game, or would it be less complicated to import my fixed file and delete the older one? You see there are several files where things are just off enough that they bother me a lot, and I'd really like to fix them if I can without having to go in and rebuy the items in game.
Test Subject
#70 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 6:06 PM Last edited by workeddream17 : 13th Nov 2006 at 6:22 PM.
When I made all my parts and clothes, they dont appear in the game and there is no button " add to game" in the create/load parts/projects. And the " add to game" button is only on when you build sims.
Test Subject
#71 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 6:14 PM

So where is that magical button? Its not there , only appears when you build sims!
Test Subject
#72 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 6:20 PM
and i read all you wrote in this post so you didnt aswer to this issue
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 7:31 PM
Yes, I did.

"Switch back to Body Shop, hit the Refresh button (1) to see how your outfit has changed. If you like it, give it a name (2), which will show up in Body Shop and Create a Sim when you mouse over the thumbnail of your creation. Finally, click on Import to Game (3), which puts the new outfit into your game. At this point, you can find it in both your Projects folder (and you can delete it if you're done with it) and in Saved Sims (with extra alphanumeric stuff tacked onto the front of it!)"

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Instructor
#74 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 5:25 PM
Thanks so much Faylen,I enjoyed this tutorial!!It works great!!

Also keep paysites free by supporting PSMBD!
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/
Test Subject
#75 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 5:03 AM
How can you do recolours of hair to give it that 'shine'? I find it hard to get it to shine..
Page 3 of 15