Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Decorative Parking Spaces - with random cars parked

by MogHughson Posted 18th May 2009 at 3:45 PM - Updated 17th May 2011 at 6:16 PM by MogHughson : Removed internal categorisation as a driveway

246 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 209 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 10
Test Subject
#26 Old 19th May 2009 at 12:31 AM
Wow. Incredible! You really came up with an amazing and creative fix; thank you!
Field Researcher
#27 Old 19th May 2009 at 1:59 AM
What a brilliant idea! This will add so much to my enjoyment of the game; thank you so much for sharing!

More of my work can be found @
Sims2Artists.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 19th May 2009 at 2:01 AM
You. Are. A. GENIUS.

Oh my lord, I am absolutely floored by this. I had no idea that such a thing was possible -- and it's perfect to inject a little bit of life into my community lots! Thanks a million, you are so talented. :D
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 19th May 2009 at 2:06 AM
WOW! This is completely out of the world awesome!!!!! I've been longing for this for soooo long!!! At last there's life in the community lots!!! TAHNKS!!!
Forum Resident
#30 Old 19th May 2009 at 2:09 AM
This is soooo awesome. I am in the process of recreating a new neighborhood since I had to reinstall, and I make those same empty parking spaces on my comm. lots just like Maxis. Thanks to you, I don't have to do that anymore!

Onyx Sims is now open!
Instructor
#31 Old 19th May 2009 at 2:30 AM
This is great work! You have my sincere thanks.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 19th May 2009 at 2:58 AM
Thank You!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 19th May 2009 at 3:45 AM
If I may ask, if we have custom cars that over ride these in game like hexameter replacement carriages would they show up or would it still be the Cars shown in the above screen shots?

Thank you

Don't piss me off. I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 19th May 2009 at 3:56 AM
This is great ! Thanks for this <=}

"I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward."
-Thomas Edison
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 19th May 2009 at 5:57 AM
Wow, I am really speachless. What a fantastic idea and mod.
Thank you very, very much!
Instructor
#36 Old 19th May 2009 at 6:42 AM
I love you for this. It's awesome. Gonna download as soon as I'm back home again. Yay!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 19th May 2009 at 6:53 AM
This is really, really cool and you must have worked so hard on it to get it right--thank you! I love how the spaces fill differently depending on what time of day it is and what type of lot it is. This will add so much more 'life' and realism to the game!
Alchemist
#38 Old 19th May 2009 at 7:59 AM
Pure genius! Brillant and original indeed, who needs TS3 and who still thinks that TS2 will be over soon, no way, there's still too much to see, test and play.
Hope to get into my game in the next days, can't wait to see this realistic effect in my hoods too (and yes, with a lot of FP cars hehe ) Thank you veeery much
Mad Poster
#39 Old 19th May 2009 at 8:28 AM
Wow, what a great idea and what a fantastic effect ! I love that random cars are parked on this decoration that's stunning ! Thank you so much for sharing
Scholar
#40 Old 19th May 2009 at 8:38 AM
Very,very good ! Thank you !

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Field Researcher
#41 Old 20th May 2009 at 10:54 AM
This is unbelievably cool! Thank you so much for thinking up such a brilliant idea, then executing it and sharing it with us all. Fantastic :D

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 20th May 2009 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by corwin
If I may ask, if we have custom cars that over ride these in game like hexameter replacement carriages would they show up or would it still be the Cars shown in the above screen shots?

Thank you
The cars that will be used by the Parking Space are those marked with the selection criteria (see main post for details). Initially you will have the Maxis cars and nothing else. As car makers update their cars with the selection criteria and you download ones with these selection criteria set, you will have a bigger choice. You can also do this yourself to any car you have already downloaded. It is a very simple step in SimPE - akin to changing the price of something (see link in main thread). If you have done anything with SimPE it ought to be within your skill set, and if you haven't, it might be a way to get started For the photos, I have done the updates myself to a selection of custom cars that I liked the look of.

Cheers
Mog
Test Subject
#43 Old 20th May 2009 at 11:48 AM
Just a small question, OFB is shown as a requirement but it seems to work OK without it. Is it just the 'venue' lot which requires OFB?
Instructor
#44 Old 20th May 2009 at 12:18 PM
Thank you so much for inventing something so fun and needed.
Test Subject
#45 Old 20th May 2009 at 12:32 PM
I've got a problem: if I want to open the rar-file, I just get a error message.

Quote:
! C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Alf\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Dokumente\AnyPermaGames\PermaGame1\EA Games\Die Sims 2\Downloads\Parkplätze\MTS2_MogHughson_920787_decorative-parking-space-Mog-20090327.rar: CRC-Fehler in decorative-parking-space-Mog-20090327.package. Die Datei ist fehlerhaft.

! C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Alf\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Dokumente\AnyPermaGames\PermaGame1\EA Games\Die Sims 2\Downloads\Parkplätze\MTS2_MogHughson_920787_decorative-parking-space-Mog-20090327.rar: Unerwartetes Archivende.

It's German. Can anyone help me?
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 20th May 2009 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wolfsmädchen
I've got a problem: if I want to open the rar-file, I just get a error message.
Quote:
! C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Alf\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Dokumente\AnyPermaGames\PermaGame1\EA Games\Die Sims 2\Downloads\Parkplätze\MTS2_MogHughson_920787_decorative-parking-space-Mog-20090327.rar: CRC-Fehler in decorative-parking-space-Mog-20090327.package. Die Datei ist fehlerhaft.

! C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Alf\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Dokumente\AnyPermaGames\PermaGame1\EA Games\Die Sims 2\Downloads\Parkplätze\MTS2_MogHughson_920787_decorative-parking-space-Mog-20090327.rar: Unerwartetes Archivende.
It's German. Can anyone help me?

Using bablefish as my translator, "Die Datei ist fehlerhaft." means "The file is incorrect", and "Unerwartetes Archivende." means "Unexpected archives end". I suggest that your download of the files did not complete correctly. Try redownloading it and see if that fixes the problem.

Cheers
Mog
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 20th May 2009 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kluless
Just a small question, OFB is shown as a requirement but it seems to work OK without it. Is it just the 'venue' lot which requires OFB?
It currently doesn't work if you only have NL - I am trying to solve that issue. I assume you have NL and one other EP (but not OFB)? If so, yes that will likely be fine too - I haven't tested all combinations of NL + one other EP. Often the code from an earlier EP is rolled up in later ones. The code that is missing for NL that is the root cause of it not working was added in OFB initially. If you see this reply, can you let me know what EPs you do have (helps me to know what other combinations it works with).

Cheers
Mog
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#48 Old 20th May 2009 at 1:40 PM
This is a GREAT idea. It's one of those things that you think "Man, that would be cool, if anybody could pull it off", and you did! Thanks for sharing you hard work.

p.s. Your tutorials are AWESOME!!!

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#49 Old 20th May 2009 at 1:46 PM
This is a GREAT idea. It's one of those things that you think "Man, that would be cool, if anybody could pull it off", and you did! Thanks for sharing you hard work.

p.s. Your tutorials are AWESOME!!!

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#50 Old 20th May 2009 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
It currently doesn't work if you only have NL - I am trying to solve that issue. I assume you have NL and one other EP (but not OFB)? If so, yes that will likely be fine too - I haven't tested all combinations of NL + one other EP. Often the code from an earlier EP is rolled up in later ones. The code that is missing for NL that is the root cause of it not working was added in OFB initially. If you see this reply, can you let me know what EPs you do have (helps me to know what other combinations it works with).

Cheers
Mog

Hi Mog,

I have NL, UNI, Seasons & FT ep's, I've only tested on one lot but it seems to work OK.

Bob
Page 2 of 10