Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Put Away All Books *Compatible with 1.67*

by treeag Posted 18th Jan 2010 at 7:13 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2014 at 6:52 AM by treeag

110 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 83 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 1:28 AM
I've been using this mod for several weeks now and I think it's a huge time saver. I noticed last night, however, that it has a problem with sheet music purchased from the book store. It disappears from my Sim's inventory but it never makes it into the bookcase. First time, I thought it was a fluke, but I was able to repeat the error several times. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?
Theorist
Original Poster
#52 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 5:00 AM
It's a bug but not related to this mod.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 11:37 PM
For some reason none of your mods are working ever since I updated to Generations. 8(
(Yes, I updated them as well.) The interactions just don't appear.
Theorist
Original Poster
#54 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 4:37 AM
Are you using the new framework setup under Documents? If not, that's why
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Are you using the new framework setup under Documents? If not, that's why

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...lders_.26_Files

You mean this?
Theorist
Original Poster
#56 Old 13th Oct 2011 at 4:42 AM
Yes. If you still can't get it to work then ask in the help section. They will be able to help you better than me.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 11:25 PM Last edited by nathaliegam12 : 15th Oct 2011 at 3:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Yes. If you still can't get it to work then ask in the help section. They will be able to help you better than me.

Ok, I'll look there. Thanks anyway.

Edit: LOL, nevermind, for some reason it's working now. This game is so retarded.
Theorist
Original Poster
#58 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 2:02 PM
This mod is compatible with 1.26/Pets already, no update needed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 6:10 AM
Again treeag thank you. <33
Field Researcher
#60 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 4:38 PM
Looks good. It's quite annoying to put several books just one by one back in the case, while it should be possible to do this with one click.
One question: is this multilingual? Because i use a Dutch version of TS3 and all the expansions. It would be a bit weird to see an other language in the common interactions. Not that i have problems with English, because most other games i play are just in English (like tes III:morrowind for example) But since my copy of TS3 is in Dutch it would look a bit strange.
Test Subject
#61 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 1:07 AM
Does it work with showtime? Thanks!
Theorist
Original Poster
#62 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 4:18 PM
Updated for 1.31.
Test Subject
#63 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 7:56 PM Last edited by ChloeSMV : 31st Mar 2012 at 1:59 AM.
Hello! I love this mod, thanks!
But I think I have a bug to report. I`ve noticed that, when your sim is a doctor, he/she has the medical journal in his/her inventory. When using ``put away all books``, the medical journal will be put away in the bookshelf, but it will also remain in his/her inventory (meaning, there`s now two journals, but the game`s system allows only one to exist). You can`t get the journal from the bookshelf without ``taking all`` books from it, and you can`t read the journal in your inventory if it was put away in the shelf.
Also, it updates itself on a day-to-day basis (volume 41 today, volume 42 or higher tomorrow, etc...). But when there`s one in the bookshelf and one in your inventory, you wont be able to:
1- read the journal if it`s in the shelf;
2- OR, to read it from your inventory, you`ll either have to ``take all`` books from the shelf, or you`ll have to update its volume first (by going to work the next day and returning home), which means the one in the shelf will not follow the update of the one in your inventory.
If you use ``take all`` (books) from the shelf, the journal will reset to just being one book, and it will be at its current volume... but it`s a hassle sometimes, specially if you have tons of books to put away (you have to put them away one by one to prevent this bug with the medical journal).
As far as I know, only the medical journal is an issue. Maybe there are other career/profession tracks with their specific journals, which could also have this bug.
I think a perfect fix for this mod would be to disallow it to handle the medical journal and any other books/journals it shouldn`t ``put away``.

I hope this helps your future updates and/or fixes for this mod.
Thanks, treeag.

PS: I actually never tested putting the medical journal away without this mod... but anyways, there`s the info. If the bug is related to the mod, I hope I helped. Cheers!
Theorist
Original Poster
#64 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 5:43 AM
Thanks for the detailed report, I'll look into it
Theorist
Original Poster
#65 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 1:27 PM
No it hasn't, I kind of forgot about it, sorry. Haven't got time to play so I haven't tested this with 1.34 but it should work fine. Apart from the medical journal thing.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 9:27 AM
Is this compatible with 1.38?
Theorist
Original Poster
#67 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 5:03 PM
It was compatible, but I've uploaded a new version that fixed the medical journal issue.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#68 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 5:06 PM
Yay! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 4:30 AM
There's a huge section in my "Sims mods I absolutely want to keep" folder with your name on it. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 9:45 PM
Can you please put stbl file in the package to make it able to translate? It has only english option..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 10:51 PM
could you update it for 1.42? thanks a lot
Theorist
Original Poster
#72 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 4:09 AM
Is this even broken on 1.42? I think it doesn't need any update.
Test Subject
#73 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 2:09 PM
I'm currently having some major issues in the game as result of one or more of NRaas mods. Once those have been sorted out I'll check and see if Put Away All Books/Scraps/Harvestables are working at their current version.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 10:17 PM
Neither this mod nor the StoreInFridge mod are compatible with 1.42
Test Subject
#75 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 8:34 PM
I Love This Mod - Please Update!! :d
Page 3 of 5