Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buyable Graves - Updated

by Snaitf Posted 26th Sep 2014 at 1:45 AM - Updated 17th Oct 2014 at 6:07 AM by Snaitf

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 2:30 AM
This will greatly help to create a cemetery in the home of Gothic family. Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 3:24 AM
This is perfect to make a cemetery or a private mausoleum, and I love the fact that it retains a mourning action. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 4:05 AM
Thanks Snatif!! Keep up the excellent work! :bunny:
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 7:22 AM
Now I can fill my Olive Specter remake's backyard! Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 7:27 AM
This is perfect for remaking the Goth household. Thank you Snaitf.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 4:18 PM
Merci je vais enfin pouvoir pleurer lol
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 4:20 PM
Thanks so much, but I can't place it in the game, when I place it appears a message 'script failure'. :\
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LukeProduction
Thanks so much, but I can't place it in the game, when I place it appears a message 'script failure'. :\

Read the bottom paragraph of the description.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
Read the bottom paragraph of the description.

Thanks!!!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 10:04 PM
Thanks so much for this! Great for my gothic family. But I don't understand how to get it to work. I've read your directions on how to do it, but I'm really not good with technical stuff. Any possibility of someone giving a detailed description on how to get these to work ingame?

A good head and a good heart is always a formidable combination.
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ragna92
Thanks so much for this! Great for my gothic family. But I don't understand how to get it to work. I've read your directions on how to do it, but I'm really not good with technical stuff. Any possibility of someone giving a detailed description on how to get these to work ingame?

Mods that contain XML files are not currently being read properly by The Sims 4. While Maxis is working on fixing this bug, they gave us this work-around.

Create a folder named unpackedmod in your The Sims 4\Mods folder. The resultant path should look like this: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\unpackedmod. You should not have to put any mods into this folder.
Use a text editing program (Wordpad works fine), and open the file Resource.cfg.
Add this text at the end: DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate
Save Resource.cfg.
Your Resource.cfg file should look something like this:

Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile *\*.package
DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 10:30 PM
Wow, there's only one type of gravestone in the game? I liked having three different ones in TS3 because the graveyards looked a lot better. I guess I should have expected this since there's not even a graveyard in the game. Well, I guess one type is better than nothing. The Goth mansion needs some graves. Thanks for unlocking these.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 4:42 PM
Thanks a lot for make these buyable ! Even if there's no ghosts, the Goth mansion need his graveyard :D
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 7:46 PM
Mods that contain XML files are not currently being read properly by The Sims 4. While Maxis is working on fixing this bug, they gave us this work-around.

Create a folder named unpackedmod in your The Sims 4\Mods folder. The resultant path should look like this: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\unpackedmod. You should not have to put any mods into this folder.
Use a text editing program (Wordpad works fine), and open the file Resource.cfg.
Add this text at the end: DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate
Save Resource.cfg.
Your Resource.cfg file should look something like this:

Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile *\*.package
DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate

Thank you so much!

A good head and a good heart is always a formidable combination.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 8:59 PM
Must "we" (all credits for Snaitf!!!) do everything for EA/Maxis?! THIS mod is essential Thnx!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 7:20 AM
This is JUST what I need for my Specter House remake! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 4:52 PM
Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 1:35 AM
I did read the bottom of your post about how to get these to work in the game, but I see no way to edit my resource file. It is unable to be opened.
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by byondinfinit
I did read the bottom of your post about how to get these to work in the game, but I see no way to edit my resource file. It is unable to be opened.

Just open it with notepad or wordpad, it's just a text file, but with the extension of .cfg instead of .txt
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 7:29 PM
Default Okay
Ohhh okay Thanks a lot. I'll go do that now! Awesome!

Just open it with notepad or wordpad, it's just a text file, but with the extension of .cfg instead of .txt
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 9:26 PM
Yay! Now I have made a cemetery on my Tepes family's lot. It looks great! X-D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:39 AM
Any chance of adding these to build mode as well? I am trying to build a church but it is missing the graveyard
Original Poster
#24 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FifthAce2007
Any chance of adding these to build mode as well? I am trying to build a church but it is missing the graveyard

Umm, can't you place objects from buy mode when building?
Instructor
#25 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 6:06 PM
Umm, can't you place objects from buy mode when building?

Yes you can. Ignore me I was having a moment

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Page 1 of 2