Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Eternal Night in Forgotten Hollow [Updated]

by TwistedMexi Posted 3rd Feb 2017 at 9:17 AM - Updated 15th May 2017 at 2:54 AM by TwistedMexi

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tanja1986
I love the mod and thank you for the explanation @TwistedMexi, but I personally would love if it truly was eternally night, I mean with no sun at all, just darkness all day and night long. But I suppose that's not possible, ins't it?

Actually I just figured it out. The mod has been updated to be 100% night time, no sunrise or sunset.

TwistedMexi's Cheat Resource || Base Game Mods || Expansion Mods
All my mods and cheats are entirely free, but if you'd like to support me, you can buy me a coffee.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm also now on twitter and you can find me on Patreon!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#27 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 6:13 AM
"By ejoslin: But a question -- would it be possible to not eliminate, but to extend night time hours in the other worlds so they're the same as the vanilla night hours in FH?"

I would love to see this too... I hate how early the sun comes up in all the neighborhoods. I don't know how difficult it would be to create a "global longer night time hours" mod but it sure would be great for the game. Thank you for creating this mod as I too thought it was idiotic to not have a total dark world in FH for the vampires. So happy to see you back modding for Sims 4! I still use many of your original mods that have withstood all of the patches, SP/GP/EP's so far! Brava!
Instructor
#28 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 6:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TwistedMexi
Actually I just figured it out. The mod has been updated to be 100% night time, no sunrise or sunset.

woohoo!!! This is very well done! I will now start the game and see it for myself Thank you so much for checking into it!

The Truth is out there!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#29 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 7:34 AM
It's great the atmosphere, thank you for this update
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#30 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 5:30 PM
Wonderful mod! My Vampires can now go out for their "midnight snacks". :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 9:18 PM
Could you please make a mod like this that plunges Newcrest into eternal night? I love this but I like to spread out into Newcrest for my extra lots!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellabella1993
Could you please make a mod like this that plunges Newcrest into eternal night? I love this but I like to spread out into Newcrest for my extra lots!

Expect a mod covering this later today. Just doing a few touch ups.

All my mods and cheats are entirely free, but if you'd like to support me, you can buy me a coffee.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 4:17 AM
Mexi, Is it possible to Give San Marishino and Windinberge the SAME NIGHT/DAY TIME as forgotton Hollow??

I Love having Vampires in these towns but the Short nights drives me crazy, I'd love to have San Marishino and Windinberge have the same Night/day times as the Vampire world.

So if that's possible, i'd love it.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#34 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 8:31 AM
I was thinking, San Myshoe city, should have day/night as is, but the sun not effect vampires till like 10am till about 3pm cause of the tall buildings blocking the sun idea... Kinda funny to watch a vampire burst into flames in the shade of the building, but also annoying.

I love the eternal Darkness for FH!!! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 11:34 AM
Thank Bro, I'm so excited with this mod.
thank you, bro.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#36 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 6:55 AM
Thanks to this mod, instead of a vampire neighborhood, I turned FH into a Red Light District.......Freaky sims everywhere. Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eternal0572
Thanks to this mod, instead of a vampire neighborhood, I turned FH into a Red Light District.......Freaky sims everywhere. Thank you so much!

Hah, nice. You might be interested in my Underworlds mod then, it's eternal night for any/all worlds you'd like.

Test Subject
#38 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 1:55 PM
Default What am I doing wrong?
Brilliant idea, this mod! But I can't seem to get it to work. I've tried putting the unzipped file in my mods folder (no subfolders used). And I've also tried putting the unzipped package file in my mods folder (no subfolders used either). I thought the unzipped file was the way to go, but my newest vampire started to slow-cook when he went outside during what would usually be daylight hours. Any suggestions?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Medusafern
Brilliant idea, this mod! But I can't seem to get it to work. I've tried putting the unzipped file in my mods folder (no subfolders used). And I've also tried putting the unzipped package file in my mods folder (no subfolders used either). I thought the unzipped file was the way to go, but my newest vampire started to slow-cook when he went outside during what would usually be daylight hours. Any suggestions?

To clarify you should have exactly one file in your Mods folder from this: "Tmex-HollowEternalNight.package"

Please make sure that's how you have it and also make sure it shows up in the Mods splash screen when you start the game. If it's not, you might need to go into gameplay options and re-enable mods & CC in "Other".

Test Subject
#40 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 3:05 AM
Default Thanks!
To clarify you should have exactly one file in your Mods folder from this: "Tmex-HollowEternalNight.package"

Please make sure that's how you have it and also make sure it shows up in the Mods splash screen when you start the game. If it's not, you might need to go into gameplay options and re-enable mods & CC in "Other".

I'll make sure that's how I have it. By the way, you must be brilliant because your mods are so needed, so clever and impeccable.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 5:27 AM
omg thank you, I can't wait to try it out!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 7:55 PM
When I go to build mode and change the time of day, it stays dark...I'd like to have daylight while I'm building, so that my mortal eyes can see. Please help.
(Thank you for making my game better with all of your mods.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~Alyx~
When I go to build mode and change the time of day, it stays dark...I'd like to have daylight while I'm building, so that my mortal eyes can see. Please help.
(Thank you for making my game better with all of your mods.)

Sorry, I'm afraid it's a hard-coded option one way or another. Best thing I can recommend is remove the mod when you're only building and put it back after.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 2:20 PM
Ty,very helpful!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 9:04 PM
Sorry, I'm afraid it's a hard-coded option one way or another. Best thing I can recommend is remove the mod when you're only building and put it back after.

That's what I ended up doing. I still love this mod. Thank you again.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#46 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 12:18 AM
I was hoping someone made this! Thank you so much!!!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 1:22 PM
Is it possible to get the old version of the mod, before the complete darkness?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 27th May 2017 at 2:52 AM
I love you to no end for this !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 12:28 AM
Thanks for the mod, hping this gets updated! I get bored keeping my vampires cooped up so much..
Page 2 of 3