Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vampire's Power & Weakness Bug Fixes

by dhikaodonk Posted 23rd Jun 2019 at 12:14 AM - Updated 5th Sep 2019 at 6:19 PM by dhikaodonk : adding resources and more compatibility

71 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 12:31 AM
T H A N K YOU. I looked up this problem 10 times and EA has NEVER had an answer, only forever moving and locking threads. This was driving me nuts for my main vampire. Thank you SO SO much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 4:26 AM
I usually just lurk, but I'm gonna have to get outta my shell to say thank you so much! Unbelievable that this hasn't been fixed for 7 or 8 months or I don't know, I lost count a while back, lol. I play vampires a lot, so I've been painfully waiting for a fix for this or until EA decides to their job that whole time, so I am so grateful for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 7:23 AM
Thank you so much! Of course leave it to the modders to fix your games, it seems to be a running trend these days.
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 7:57 AM
Thank you very much!
Thank you very much for fixing this atrocious bug which EA and Maxis can not fix since november 2018. You are a real hero ❤️
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 12:10 PM
Oh my, it actually works!!! You saved me, thanks so much!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 2:48 PM
You are amazing! Thank you!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 5:41 PM Last edited by Starry Might : 24th Jun 2019 at 1:12 AM. Reason: Thanks!
How exactly did you figure out how to deal with this? Does it simply kill the buffs every time you travel/go in CAS?

EDIT: Just wanted to add you're awesome for doing this, BTW.

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 2:12 AM
I've been struggling with this bug for around 4 months now, thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 3:18 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! waiting for this bug fix for a long time!! <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Starry Might
How exactly did you figure out how to deal with this? Does it simply kill the buffs every time you travel/go in CAS?

EDIT: Just wanted to add you're awesome for doing this, BTW.

Kind off, it makes the game to check that whether you really have the power/weakness on your sim because it was missing these line of codes. there were bug similar to this like fame quirk/buff from traits that you dont have but you still get the moodlet from them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 10:56 AM
Thank you so very much!! I will download and check it out later. This is very much appreciated!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 12:38 PM
Thank you so much for doing this! These bugs can literally break your vampire saves, and make it really not fun to play a whole pack! So again thank you very much
Forum Resident
#14 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dhikaodonk
Kind off, it makes the game to check that whether you really have the power/weakness on your sim because it was missing these line of codes. there were bug similar to this like fame quirk/buff from traits that you dont have but you still get the moodlet from them.

So that's what's causing those bugs? Thanks for the info!

If you don't mind, I'm gonna pass this along on AHQ.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 10:58 PM
Thanks for this. This fixed so many headaches for me. Also i noticed when looking at active buffs using MCC that the Insatiable Thirst weakness was still there despite having been removed. But i decided to properly test things out first before whining like a little baby here. And found that while it does show the buff in list, the actual effect isn't working if the weakness has been removed. So your mod does indeed truly work as it should. So kudos to that!
Forum Resident
#16 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ParasiteX
Thanks for this. This fixed so many headaches for me. Also i noticed when looking at active buffs using MCC that the Insatiable Thirst weakness was still there despite having been removed. But i decided to properly test things out first before whining like a little baby here. And found that while it does show the buff in list, the actual effect isn't working if the weakness has been removed. So your mod does indeed truly work as it should. So kudos to that!

Hmm...the plot thickens.

Also, you came here from my post on AHQ, right? Should I mention what you said here there?

Test Subject
#17 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 4:36 AM
Hmm...the plot thickens.

Also, you came here from my post on AHQ, right? Should I mention what you said here there?

Errr, no. I came here after a bit of google searching for a solution. And go ahead if you feel like it.. not sure what relevance it has tho. 🤷‍♂️
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 4:38 AM
Concerning the Fame quirk/buffs. Does anyone know of a similar fix to this.. as i just noticed this bug and it's quite annoying.
And if not, any chance you could do a fix for that bug as well`And if not. maybe point me in the direction of what tools best to use and i'll maybe be able to figure it out myself as i do have some scripting experience.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 5:02 AM
Concerning the Fame quirk/buffs. Does anyone know of a similar fix to this.. as i just noticed this bug and it's quite annoying.
And if not, any chance you could do a fix for that bug as well`And if not. maybe point me in the direction of what tools best to use and i'll maybe be able to figure it out myself as i do have some scripting experience.

someone already made the fix for that, littlemssam has it and I was inspired by her fame quirk fix thats why I made this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 5:56 AM
Ahh nice, thanks. No wonder any of my google searches gave no real results.. as she listed it under her all in one random bug fixes mod package.
This will save me the headache of trying to figure out xml tuning modding.... at-least for the time being...
Forum Resident
#21 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 2:20 PM
Errr, no. I came here after a bit of google searching for a solution. And go ahead if you feel like it.. not sure what relevance it has tho. 🤷‍♂️

I guess I was wondering because you said the buff is TECHNICALLY active according to MCCC, even though it's not actually doing anything because of the mod.

Thinking about it, though, I'm gonna leave things at that at AHQ. Hopefully the devs will be inspired by this Mod as far as implementing checks for the Powers/Weaknesses is concerned.

Quote: Originally posted by dhikaodonk
someone already made the fix for that [Fame/Quirks], littlemssam has it and I was inspired by her fame quirk fix thats why I made this.

I was wondering about the possibility of an unofficial fix for that...good ol' LittleMsSam!

Test Subject
#22 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 11:04 PM
I guess I was wondering because you said the buff is TECHNICALLY active according to MCCC, even though it's not actually doing anything because of the mod.

Thinking about it, though, I'm gonna leave things at that at AHQ. Hopefully the devs will be inspired by this Mod as far as implementing checks for the Powers/Weaknesses is concerned.

I was wondering about the possibility of an unofficial fix for that...good ol' LittleMsSam!

I finally figured out how to read the xml files.. was opening the wrong xml earlier which just confused me of what the mfix actually edited. And finally noticed Sims4Studio extracted the buff tuning files separate. And seems Insatiable Thirst tuning file isn't actually changed in this fix mod from original. So i'm assuming it's one of the few powers that actually turned off the thirst drain rate change when the power wasn't active anymore. But the actual effect would still show when looking at them with MCC. But it doesn't actually do anything without the trait unlocked. Though i don't really have time to test for sure if this is the case without fixes installed. My general rule is.. if it works.. then don't mess with it Or risk angering The Toddler - "It Just Works"

From what i understand how this fix works. It doesn't technically fix the issue.. more like it works around it. As whatever it is that causes buff effect to trigger is still triggering it. And all this fix does is make the actual buff effect test if you actually possess the trait, and if not it won't run the rest of the script.

So my assumption is still that there is some kind of variable or flag that is set when you gain the power/trait. But when the trait/power is removed, the game forgets to also clear the variable or flag that causes it to refresh the buff effect at every load transition.

On the plus side of all this.. i now understand xml buff tuning a little better. :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 11:15 PM
I was *just* ranting and raving about this on Reddit like 4 days ago because I found complaints going back to 2017 about this being an issue.

Thank you.

Out of curiosity though, if I were to use this mod to cure a vampire and confirm their weaknesses are gone, would they magically come back if you removed the mod? Or would that particularly former vampire stay fixed and free of weaknesses? I'm only asking to get a sense of how the fix works to know if this is a true fix.

EDIT: I saw the post above. I wonder then what keeps withered stomach attached to sims, surely there is a way to wipe this weakness from the face of the earth once and for all. There's gotta be another trait or buff or something attached to a cured sim that never gets removed by Cures or Cheats, something MCCC & Show Sim Info can't actually see. We only see the symptom of the issue which is the Withered Stomach buff that shows up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 3:22 AM
I finally figured out how to read the xml files.. was opening the wrong xml earlier which just confused me of what the mfix actually edited. And finally noticed Sims4Studio extracted the buff tuning files separate. And seems Insatiable Thirst tuning file isn't actually changed in this fix mod from original. So i'm assuming it's one of the few powers that actually turned off the thirst drain rate change when the power wasn't active anymore. But the actual effect would still show when looking at them with MCC. But it doesn't actually do anything without the trait unlocked. Though i don't really have time to test for sure if this is the case without fixes installed. My general rule is.. if it works.. then don't mess with it Or risk angering The Toddler - "It Just Works"

From what i understand how this fix works. It doesn't technically fix the issue.. more like it works around it. As whatever it is that causes buff effect to trigger is still triggering it. And all this fix does is make the actual buff effect test if you actually possess the trait, and if not it won't run the rest of the script.

So my assumption is still that there is some kind of variable or flag that is set when you gain the power/trait. But when the trait/power is removed, the game forgets to also clear the variable or flag that causes it to refresh the buff effect at every load transition.

On the plus side of all this.. i now understand xml buff tuning a little better. :P

I might have missed the insatiable thirst thats why it still shows up on your mccc but I double checked the buff on my sim via mcc and they're truly gone. Need to check it the insatiable thirst later, but like you say if it works then dont mess with it lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xiraiya
I was *just* ranting and raving about this on Reddit like 4 days ago because I found complaints going back to 2017 about this being an issue.

Thank you.

Out of curiosity though, if I were to use this mod to cure a vampire and confirm their weaknesses are gone, would they magically come back if you removed the mod? Or would that particularly former vampire stay fixed and free of weaknesses? I'm only asking to get a sense of how the fix works to know if this is a true fix.

EDIT: I saw the post above. I wonder then what keeps withered stomach attached to sims, surely there is a way to wipe this weakness from the face of the earth once and for all. There's gotta be another trait or buff or something attached to a cured sim that never gets removed by Cures or Cheats, something MCCC & Show Sim Info can't actually see. We only see the symptom of the issue which is the Withered Stomach buff that shows up.

I havent try it yet, but I personally think once you remove the mod the buff will comeback as the modified xml would revert to its original meaning the game no longer check whether you have the power/weakness.
Page 1 of 3